Restart or Reboot Firestick In Easy Ways Overview
There could be tons of reasons why people would want to restart their FireStick device. For example, if Firestick users are experiencing performance problems even after they clear up their device storage. However, restarting the Firestick could be a lot of help.
There are times that FireStick applications freeze and will not allow you to head back to the main menu. If that is the situation, restarting is the only option to get the Firestick back to its normal function. You may have updated the device or probably installed a new app that needs a restart to become operative.
Thus, whatever is the reason, this article will help you with different ways to restart your FireStick.
Restarting the FireStick with Settings
The FireStick has a Restart option within the Settings that allows you to quickly restart the device. It could probably be the most uncomplicated way to restart the FireStick. Nonetheless, this method works if your remote is working and you can navigate your streaming device.
Assuming the remote of your Firestick is working normally and the device is not frozen, below are steps to restart your FireStick:
- On FireStick’s home window, the menu option is located in the middle
- Press the Home key on the remote to go to the main menu then click Settings
- Go to My Fire TV and then click it
- Scroll down & select Restart
- Click Restart again
- The FireStick will begin to reboot. Also, there will be a Powering Off message shown on the screen
That is how you reboot your FireStick utilizing the Settings options.
Restart Firestick Using The Remote
Even though there are many ways to restart the Fire TV Stick device, using the remote will make your job easier. Follow the steps below to reboot the Firestick through a Remote.
- Turn on the Fire TV & link the Firestick
- The Home Screen will display several icons
- After the Home Screen finishes loading, got to the Settings option
- Use the Remote’s navigation buttons to choose the Settings option
- Scroll to the right of the screen using the remote and choose the My Fire TV option – the screen will display a list of options
- Select the Restart option
- A prompt will appear asking to enter a PIN Code if your Amazon Firestick has one
- Enter your Firestick’s PIN Code
- Restart the Firestick with the prompts on the screen
- Select the Restart option
- Firestick will now begin the Reboot process
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Restart Amazon Fire Stick Without Remote
You can reboot the Firestick using the Fire TV App. This application supports Apple & Android versions. This app lets you control the navigation of the Firestick on your TV.
- Link your smartphone to a Wi-Fi network with which your Firestick is also connected
- Download & install the Fire TV App on your smartphone
- Now, pair the app with your TV
- Open the application on your mobile device
- For security purposes, the app will prompt you to enter a four-digit code
- Note the code that appears on the TV Screen
- Put the code in the application to start using it to control the navigation of the Firestick
- Go to the Settings option that is displayed at the top of the screen
- Press the Right arrow button to scroll the screen to the right
- Choose the Fire TV option
- A list of options will be displayed on the screen
- If prompted, enter the PIN
- Choose the Firestick Restart option
- You’ll be prompted a confirmation message to reboot the device
- Select the Restart option again to implement the changes
Restart the FireStick by Unplugging from the power source
This is another method of force to restart the Firestick device. You can use it when the first two methods above will not work. This procedure to restart FireStick is useful when the screen of the FireStick is frozen and will not respond to remote commands. Also, it is handy when the remote controller of the FireStick does not function at all.
All you have to do is unplug the FireStick from the power source. It would be ideal to wait for a couple of minutes before plugging back the Firestick into the power supply.
This could be the easiest way to reboot FireStick if its power source is within your easy reach.
Can you reboot or restart Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV Cube?
- Yes, the restarting methods above functions for all Amazon Fire TV devices
Is restarting or rebooting the Firestick safe?
- Yes, restarting the Firestick is safe and often recommended to boost the device’s performance.
If I restart my Firestick device will I lose files & apps?
- No, restarting or rebooting the Firestick will not delete any files & apps. However, a factory reset on Firestick will delete everything.
Why Restart or reboot a Firestick?
- Sometimes, Firestick users may run into a few problems that they are unclear of the solutions. No one wishes to spend a lot of time trying to fix something that should be functioning in the first place. Thus, the first thing Firestick users should always try is to restart their FireStick. This can be the solution to so numerous potential Firestick problems
Protect Your Online Activities With A VPN
Your government and Internet Service Provider (ISP) constantly monitor your internet activities, and if you access copyrighted videos on your Firestick could put you into serious trouble. Thus, it is strongly recommended to use the best FireStick VPN to hide your IP address and will secure your streaming activities. It is recommended to use Surfshark service, the fastest, trusted, & most secure Virtual Private Network available. Not only is Surfshark easy to install on any Android-based device but it provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Note: For more information about SurfShark, please read our SURFSHARK REVIEW.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Nexus Player
- Raspberry Pi
- Nvidia Shield TV
Thus, above are the methods to restart FireStick. The procedures are very easy to follow. All the methods above will work perfectly. Once you restart your Firestick, it may take a couple of minutes to power up. Don’t hesitate to put your queries & feedback in the comment section below.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.