This article is about how to Reset Kodi by default.
Kodi is one of the amazing software out there that allows you to stream on any streaming service for free. Since it is free, you can install any addons and build you want. Installing on Kodi has no limit, but when you install many builds and addons, your Kodi might experience some technical issues like freezing the screen and slowing down.
Another issue on Kodi is when you install a build, it is hard to exit or close, even if you exit the entire Kodi. Deleting and reinstalling Kodi does not also remove the current build. That is why the possible way to remove it is resetting the Kodi to get back to its default.
Kodi factory reset is also a good way to start fresh with your system and make your Kodi fast. It is a great way to keep your Kodi running and operating smoothly. This article will show you how to remove a Kodi build and restore it to its original state.
Factory Reset Do
When you reset your Kodi you will be able to:
- Delete all third-party repository addons and skins on your Kodi.
- It will reset your Kodi to its original state.
- Remove a Kodi Build to get back on its default system
- Reset customs and advanced settings on the system.
Why is it Important to Reset Kodi?
Kodi is an amazing software that’s why you need to maintain good performance after installing addon/Builds. It is because some addons and repositories are regularly changing or updating their system that makes your Kodi setup vulnerable to some technical issues like:
- Kodi will get slower because all addons are regularly checked for new updates, and if you do not monitor it, your Kodi will have outdated content.
- Kodi Freeze, the more Addon and build, the more content to watch, but your Kodi might face technical issues because of too much data and repository installed.
- Your Kodi will be vulnerable to malicious files, content, and even viruses.
- Updating Kodi will eliminate some dead or inactive addons and repositories.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Ways on How to Reset Kodi to Default
We will show you different ways on how to reset Kodi and turn it into its original state or default.
Reset Kodi to Default Without Removing a Kodi Build
This step-by-step guide will show you how to exit a Kodi Build to get back on its default system. It is one of the problems of Kodi Builds users because once they install a build they cannot exit or close that build again, to install or try another addon or build.
In this tutorial, we are using the Diggz Xenon Matrix Kodi Build.
1. Launch your Kodi, and you will see the build you are currently using.
2. Now go to the Settings of the Build.
3. Select Interface.
4. Click Skin.
5. Change the skin to Estuary.
6. When a box pops up, click OK.
7. That’s it! You get back to the Kodi default system. However, you can still see that the Kodi still runs in the background.
Install Ares Wizard and Reset Kodi By Default
This is a step-by-step guide on how you can erase all data and fresh start Kodi by default using an Ares Wizard.
Follow the steps below:
1. On your Firestick, open Kodi and go to Settings.
2. Select on System.
3. Click on the Add-ons menu and Turn ON Unknown Sources.
4. Select Yes when the box appears.
5. Go back one step and click on File Manager.
6. Click Add Source.
7. A box will pop up, so click on the ‘None’ option.
8. Type in http://areswizard.co.uk/ and click OK.
9. Name the URL Ares or any other name you want to. Then select OK.
10.Go back and Select Addon.
11. Click Install from zip file.
12. Select Ares or any other name you put.
13. Click script.areswizard-0.0.69.zip
14. Go back to the system and select Add-ons. Click Ares Wizard.
15. On your wizard home screen, click More.
16. Select Erase all Data/Fresh Start.
17. Click Yes.
19. After that, Click Force Close Kodi.
20.That’s it! You have successfully set your Kodi into Default.
Reset Kodi Through Clear Data on Firestick
Another simple way of resetting Kodi to its default system is to clear its data. Whereas clearing data will keep Kodi on your Firestick, it will remove all add-ons along with their settings, customizations, and even Builds.
Follow the simple steps below:
1. On your Firestick home screen, Go to settings.
2. Select Application.
3. Click Manage Installed Application.
4. Scroll down and choose Kodi.
5. Click Clear Data.
6. Go back and Launch your Kodi. Then that’s it! You have now successfully reset your Kodi to Default.
Why do I need a VPN?
Since Kodi is prone to malicious content and files from unknown servers, we highly recommend using a Virtual Private Network on your devices to ensure that you are protected from these. A VPN is a trusted tool and an online companion that will keep your files, identity, and web traffic from developers and unknown servers.
One of the best VPNs that you can rely on is Surfshark. This VPN uses a high standard of security tools and encryption to keep your identity safe from others. It is also known as the most reliable and fastest VPN committed to giving you a high quality of services and lots of benefits you deserve. If you want to know more about this VPN, kindly read our Surfshark Review.
Here are some of the services and impressive features that this VPN offers:
- This VPN uses a high standard of AES-256 encryption and uncrackable security to safeguard your data and activities.
- It destroys Geo-block and bypasses any censorship and restriction by letting you connect to over 3200+ servers in 65 countries.
- Surfshark also prevents ISPs from interfering with your connection to avoid having lags and buffering. It also stops snooping on ISP and keeps you protected while being connected on a public network.
- Keep your identity anonymous by hiding your real IP address and identity to protect you from hackers.
- It gives you unlimited bandwidth.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Why do I need to reset Kodi?
Resetting Kodi will reduce the possibility of your Kodi being vulnerable to malicious files and resolve minor technical issues.
Is it safe to reset Kodi?
Yes, resetting Kodi is safe.
Can I reset Kodi on Firestick?
Yes, you can reset Kodi on Firestick by following the step-by-step guide above.
Kodi needs to maintain good performance to give you a better experience in streaming. That is why resetting Kodi is recommended to keep eliminating and resolving some minor issues. There are multiple ways on how to reset Kodi and all of these work well as we have tested it. We hope this article helps you reset your Kodi in default without even reinstalling it.