Reset Kodi on a Windows PC
What Does a Reset Mean?
Carrying out a reset means that you are wiping everything you have on Kodi wants to start fresh and revert to factory settings. In other words, Kodi will be blank and ready for you to download fresh content and addons. You are wiping all the data on Kodi, but not reinstalling Kodi.
Why is this a Last Resort?
Resetting Kodi should always be a last resort. A reset means that you are going to wipe every piece of content you downloaded to watch offline, new addon, build, skin, and wizard.
You are going to have to start from scratch and considering how fiddly Kodi’s system is for downloading content, this could mean having to re-do hours of geek work.
Before you even consider going through a reset, you should consider every other option at your disposal, which you can find through in-depth fix guides.
For example, is the problem simply that your media cache needs to be emptied, or perhaps you are running an older version of Kodi which needs to be updated? We always recommended cycling through as many problems and in-depth fix guides as possible before resetting Kodi as this cannot be undone later.
But, if you have downloaded a corrupted file, or just can’t get Kodi to work any other way, it is really simple to reset Kodi on Windows.
How to Reset Kodi on Windows
- Make sure that Kodi is closed on your Windows Pc
- In the Windows search bar, type in the following exactly “%appdata%”
- Select the file folder that pops up from the search
- Inside the folder, you will see a number of a subfolder, including one called “Kodi”
NOTE: If you are unsure, we recommend you download Indigo from TV Addons and create a backup file of your existing Kodi installation before proceeding. By clearing data on Kodi, you understand you are wiping everything that you have ever installed or downloaded on your existing Kodi and understand that you will be starting with a blank version of Kodi where you need to download everything you want again. This process cannot be reversed later
- Right-click on the “Kodi” folder and click delete
- Kodi has now been returned to its factory settings
- You can check by opening Kodi, it should be back in the default blue skin and the home screen will say “Your library is currently empty…”
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
If you have downloaded Kodi directly from the Microsoft app store, you may not be able to find the Kodi file in the “%appdata%” folder. In that case, we recommend that you delete Kodi from the App Store, and reinstall it directly from the web here: https://kodi.tv/download
Alternatively, you can reset Kodi directly through the application by downloading the Dimitrology addon instead.
- Open up Kodi
- Go to “System” > “File Manager”
- Click “Add Source” and then “None”
- Type in the following URL exactly: http://dimitrology.com/repo
- Click done and then make sure you name the source something memorable for later
- Go back to “System” and then “Addons”
- Click Install from Zip File, and select your downloaded Dmitrology file
- Your addon will download and install
- When you go to Programme Addons, the addon will be called “Fresh Start”
- All you need to do is double click on the addon and a prompt will appear asking you if you want to revert your system back to its original state
- Click ok and wait for a few minutes for everything on Kodi to be cleared. You can then restart Kodi and find the factory settings blue screen and empty library
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.