Is it Any Good?
Note: This App is currently not working.
Redflix is relatively new with the first version released in November 2018.
Unlike its name suggests it’s not a portal for watching porn but a parody of Netflix. They offer a Netflix like UI and a range of services including Live TV.
A great application that has proven to be consistent over time and slowly gaining in popularity. One annoying thing is that it’s pretty difficult to pin down an official source link for them, so probably better off downloading it directly from Amazon or an official APK site like Aptoide, Mobilism or APK Time
What Does it Do?
Redflix works by using a library of scrapers to assemble links from across the web and then attach them to titles with fan art in their library. They never actually store content on their own servers as that’s a quick way to get shut down.
User then interacts with the library and can work through the links provided for each title. Sometimes you may need to work through multiple links if some of them are broken.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Redflix works on Android only
- A large amount of content on offer
- Live TV
- Netflix websites
- Bollywood and a number of cultural shows on offer
- TV Shows
- Slick UI in a Netflix like a style
- Works with adblockers to remove ads
- No adverts
- Advanced search and sort function
- Updated regularly
- Popular for Hindi serials and Bollywood
Pros and Cons
- Big library of content
- Access to a wide range of Live TV Channels
- Easy to use UI which is clean
- Works on a wide range of external video players
- Access to lots of shows not seen elsewhere like Hindi and Hoichoi
- 100% advert free
- Works well on smartphones
- Relatively new application which has only had 1 update since coming out in 2018
- Difficult to pin down an official website, or any presence apart from their Telegram group
- The feeling that the app may not last long, normally when apps are released they have a flurry of updates to meet user demands but this hasn’t been the case with Redflix
- No obvious community presence on Reddit or Facebook
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 2a06:98c0:3600::103 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Is it Safe to Use?
Redflix has been used enough to be deemed safe and has built a small following. Bit of a question for us over the lack of an official website.
We prefer applications that have an official source you can download it from, but you would be able to find it on Aptoide or APK Time.
Is it Legal or Grey?
It’s a grey area, but just like a lot of other streaming applications, Redflix is well and truly in a grey area. Though it may not store any illegal content on its servers, users are given access to a wide range of copyrighted content.
This is why we always recommend using Redflix with a VPN, otherwise, it probably won’t work without it.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
You should always use Kodi with a VPN for a number of reasons:
- Using a VPN, allows you to encrypt your data with 256-bit AES military-grade encryption making your traffic untraceable and unbreakable
- Your Internet Service Provider works closely with large media companies to close down services that are allowing copyrighted content to be streamed illegally, this means that any application which allows a user to access this content has their IP blocked. Without a VPN most unsanctioned Kodi add ons won’t work
- VPN’s improve your safety and anonymity online by not only keeping your identity private but also masking your IP to any snooping parties.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Is it Free?
Yes, Redflix is free
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Is There a Premium Version?
There is no premium version, as Redflix is 100% ad-free
Is There an Official Website?
No, we did find one website: https://www.red-flix.com/register
But it looked like a bit of a scam and wanted you to pay for a subscription which Redflix doesn’t ask for, better to look through Aptoide or APK Pure.
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Redflix only works on devices that use an Android operating system. Alternatively, you can find a working Android emulator for your Windows or Mac computer
How Does The App Work?
You can download the application from a trusted alternative Android application provider like APK Time or Aptoide. Alternatively, you can find it on the Amazon store
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Articles around Redflix first appeared in 2018. Like a lot of add ons, it’s difficult to pin down an exact date, as these add ons thrive on floating under the radar
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
We couldn’t find any information about the development team. They do have a Telegram group but that’s about it. No mention of anyone on Facebook or Reddit.
There are a lot of much better alternatives out there.
Top of our list has to be Zion TV which is probably leading the field when it comes to Android TV applications. With a host of features, the ability to stream directly from Torrents, regularly updated content and a hard-working developer. You can even pay a small subscription fee and get access to high-speed streams every time.
To get the very best Android TV streaming application we recommend TV Zion. It’s absolutely jam-packed with features. Including compatibility with Real Debrid, and access to the high-quality premium source. You can download torrents to watch offline and get an autoplay and auto next function. For a minuscule subscription fee of $1.50 you can always access high-speed links which aren’t broken
Cyberflix is one of the most popular alternatives if you are looking for a 100% ad-free alternative with a Netflix style interface.
Redflix is just ok. We suspect it won’t be around very long due to the lack of chatter and updates that the application has had. There are other better applications out there and we would only use Redflix if we needed a backup.