In this article, we’ll be tackling down the reasons why you should reboot your Firestick regularly.
Any device, including the Amazon Firestick, needs to be rebooted regularly to function effectively and efficiently. Unfortunately, most users overlook rebooting because they are unaware of its significance in optimizing the performance of their Firestick.
It eliminates common issues including slow loading, freezing, buffering, lags, and much more with only a few quick and simple steps. Rebooting also helps you free up memory and restore normal functioning to your Firestick device.
Given this, you must also be aware of the reason for your Firestick’s slow performance. Knowing these factors will help you in understanding why your device should be rebooted regularly. So, let me begin by pointing you to some key reasons why you should reboot your Firestick, as well as show you how to do so.
Why Should You Reboot Your Firestick Regularly
Here we’ve listed down the reasons why should regularly reboot your Firestick device:
It Clears Cached Files
A cache is a storage that saves temporary files such as images and other data needed so an app can run faster and smoother on your device. However, it can cause slowing on your device over time since it takes up space on your device especially if you’ve used your Firestick for a long time.
And if you’ve previously installed multiple apps on your Firestick, these caches may have taken up a lot of space on your device without you realizing it. Because of the limited memory of the Firestick, these small temporary files might load your device once they have accumulated on your storage, causing a slowdown in performance.
Fortunately, you can delete cached files by simply rebooting your Firestick device. Rebooting your device regularly can stop ongoing cache activities so you can prevent apps from storing extra data on your device. And using this, you can free up space on your Firestick to help your device function fast and smooth again.
Allows You To Get Updates Available for Your Device
Rebooting your Firestick will allow you to download updates that will improve your device’s performance and resolve bugs. This is useful if you’re one of those who insist on having the most recent updates installed so that your device runs smoothly and efficiently. Fortunately, Amazon releases updates on security features and performance improvement for the Firestick gadget almost every month. They do this to remove out-of-date features and to repair issues from prior releases. Though the Firestick normally updates itself when a new version is available, it’s still a good idea to check for updates regularly by rebooting your device.
Force Shut Down Apps and Processes Running in Background
You might now know it but some apps might continue to run in the background even after you have closed them. This causes your device to slow down because aside from taking up memory, it also shares data from your internet service.
Moreso, given the small amount of storage the Firestick provides, another way to prevent this from happening is by uninstalling unnecessary apps that you don’t use or that are no longer functional. This avoids unnecessary apps from running in the background without your permission. However, rebooting your device will forcefully shut down any apps that aren’t in use, allowing your Firestick to function faster.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How to Reboot your Firestick Device
If you’re still using the older version of your Firestick, you can learn how to upgrade it by reading this article: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Go to the Main Menu of your Firestick, then look for the Settings.
2. On the Settings, Open the My Fire TV section.
3. Click on the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
4. Click on the Reset button on the pop-up.
5. You will be able to see something similar to the photo we are showing below when your Amazon Fire TV Stick will start rebooting.
6. After that, your Fire TV or Firestick will then reboot. Then, you will see something like the photo we are showing below that has “Resetting your Fire TV Stick” written on it.
You will then be required to connect to your WiFi server and after that, the Amazon sign-in page will appear on the screen.
Then that’s all! You have now successfully reboot your Firestick device to its factory default settings.
Secure Your Connection With a VPN
If you own a Firestick device then you probably know the limitless possibilities that you get when it comes to accessing content online. Whether you download the app directly from the Amazon App Store or by sideloading it, you pretty much have a lot of options for watching your favorite movies and TV shows through your Firestick. However, you should always remember to safeguard your data whenever you access and stream content online. You never know when third-party threats are lurking and waiting for vulnerable users from whom they can steal their private information.
And so to help you with your online security, you’ll be needing a VPN such as Surfshark. Surfshark will encrypt your data by giving you an anonymous IP address so no data leaks will be ensured while connected to the VPN. Here are the detailed benefits of Surfshark:
- Lets you connect to 3,200 VPN servers in 65 locations worldwide
- Avoid hackers and phishers from stealing your personal information by hiding your IP address thus, concealing your private information
- Prevents malware and ransomware from infecting your device
- Bypass censorship and geo-restrictions by connecting to 65 locations with the use of a VPN
- Get unlimited bandwidth so you can stream and download any content that you want
- Avoid your ISP from interfering with your connection to avoid ISP throttling
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
There are a lot of benefits from rebooting your Firestick regularly especially when it comes to enhancing the performance of your device. It helps you free up memory on your Firestick so you can keep your device‘s optimal condition. But given that, you also need to know the reasons why your device is running slow so you can prevent it ahead of time. And hopefully, the next time you encounter lags or buffers while streaming or simply using Firestick, you’ll already know how to resolve the issue.
Thank you for reaching the end of this article. We hope we helped you know the importance of regularly rebooting your Firestick as well as guide you on how to do so. Enjoy a lag-free and buffer-free streaming experience!