This article will help you install the NBC App on your Firestick and Android devices.
NBC also stands for National Broadcasting Company. It is one of the most famous and oldest television networks in the US alongside CBS and ABC.
The NBC App is the cheapest subscription you can have in your TV provider to access the on-demand and live-stream content.
Since other brands are getting their way to the online streaming trend, NBC did not hesitate to make its move in order to provide the viewers with the content they want and need.
This app is only available for download inside the USA, although you can install it for free.
How to Download the NBC App on Android
If you are outside of the US, you can still install NBC by clicking on the button below. Take note that this version is only available for android devices such as smartphones and tablets only.
Upon checking, it is not applicable for Amazon Firestick.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
Install NBC on Firestick Guide
Reminder: You need to have an NBCUniversal account to activate this app on your device. (Please provide details on how to register for an account. Our readers mostly come from the US and they want specific instructions. That’s why we provide all of the details.)
- Go to the Home screen of your firestick
- Go to Apps and Channels
- Open the NBC App
- Click on Activate your device
- The app will search for a unique activation code
- Tap the “here” option on your android or pc to activate NBC Activation Page
- Enter the activation code
- Click Continue
- Go to the Login Page
- Sign in to the application using your NBCUniversal account
- Link your application with your TV Provider account.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
The app will let you stream thousands of NBC content with additional other movies, drama series, comedies, reality shows, late-night shows, and many more. It also provides News and other live NBC channels to your streaming device.
- Can sign in one NBC Universal account to multiple devices to sync all favorites and unfinished shows.
- Has category filters, video thumbnails, and dedicated brand pages.
- Watch up-to-date episodes of current shows from the NBC family.
- Provide a live stream of national and local news.
- Binge-watch some classic hits from the NBC family, all for free.
- HD quality varies from 720p to 1080p full HD depending on the show.
NBC Live Channels provided by the App:
- CNBC HD
- NBC News
- NBC Universo
- The NBC Sports HD
- NBC Sports
NBC Original and Popular Shows available in the App:
- America’s Got Talent
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Law and Order
- Victims Unit
- The Tonight’s Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Classis Series you can stream for free:
- Will and Grace
- Saved by the Bell
Pros and Cons
- It will let you stream your favorite shows for free
- Current and old NBC shows available
- On-demand movies available
- Good picture quality
- A wide selection of shows to binge-watch
- Lots of bad reviews
- Subjected to many technical problems
- Hard to re-authenticate sometimes after signing out
- New episodes and shows are not always free, it will require the user to have a cable subscription
- There are no indications on which shows or episodes are available without a cable subscription
- Need a cable subscription to install the app
NBC App Not Working on Firestick
Sometimes you are experiencing streaming issues, application crashes, and unable to load content using the NBC app in your firestick, you will need these tips on how to troubleshoot such problems:
Log out and Re-authenticate Using Your TV Provider
This is the first thing that you must try to do to solve most of your problems with the NBC app on firestick
Sign out of your TV provider in the Settings of the app
Sign in again to your provider with the primary address on the provider account in the Settings of the app.
(follow the link to get the primary address )
Restart your Firestick Device
Home > Settings > My Fire TV / Device > Restart
(the alternative procedure is to unplug and re-plug your device)
Clean up the NBC App
Home > Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > NBC App > Clear cache / clear data
Force stop the NBC App
Home > Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > NBC App > Force Stop
(Try to re-open the app after forcing it to close)
Stream Safely with a VPN
Streaming requires a lot of internet data. Because of this, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) is throttling our internet speed. This will result in buffering.
Protect your identity from your ISP with the use of a VPN.
We recommend IPVanish as the best VPN especially while streaming. It provides these benefits and more:
- Provides protection hackers when you are using public wi-fi
- Adds an additional layer of protection especially from your ISP while using the internet.
- Your connections and data will be kept encrypted and anonymous
- Keeps your data and files from harmful malware
- Gives easy access and downloads from different torrent sites without being caught.
- Makes your internet speed faster
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
Grab your subscription now!
How to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
- Once you open your Firestick, click once to the left to gain access to the search button.
- Type in IPVANISH
- Select IPVANISH
- Choose Download
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the download to finish.
- After the download finished, click on the Install button
- Once it finishes installing, select Open
- Type in your username and password
- Choose Connect.
- There you go, you can now stream or download content.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Best Alternatives for the NBC App on Firestick:
Here is the list of other applications that you might like to check out:
You can use Hulu to watch movies and series with a multi-platform video-on-demand service that offers feature films, series, original shows, and more.
Amazon Prime Video
You can watch over 90,000 movies and TV shows on Amazon Prime Video. It has a feature called the Amazon Instant Video that streams movies and TV shows on different devices such as PC, Mac, Smart TVs, and Blu-ray players.
Known as a video-sharing website that allows users to upload, view and share videos, and other media content.
It is the world’s leading subscription service for watching original shows, TV series, and movies on your phone and other devices.
Is the NBC app on firestick free?
The app is free for download. A few of the content is free, but some, like brand new episodes, require the app to have a cable subscription.
Are there Ads?
Yes. The free version of the app has advertisements.
What other devices does NBC app work on?
You can install the app on your Android phones, tablet, Android TV, Apple TVs, Echo Show, Amazon Fire Tablets, iPhones, iPad, Roku devices, Samsung TVs, Vizio TVs, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
Does the NBC App require a certain Internet speed?
For smooth streaming, have at least 10 Mbps internet speed.
Do I need a cable subscription to use the app?
Yes. You need to have a cable subscription first for you to be able to use the app. But you can NBC on your Fire TV through different streaming services like Hulu, Sling TV, AT&T TV, and Youtube TV.
Since there are a lot of wonderful shows that NBC offers, it is so great to have the NBC App on your device. It is free and worth the try. There are just a lot of commercials and advertisements during the shows.
The problem is most people find it hard to use the app. The way on how to set up the app on the device to activating and authenticating is way too difficult for some users.
We hope that this article helps you to know how to install the NBC App on your firestick device.