This article will help you install the NBC App on your Firestick and Android devices.
NBC also stands for National Broadcasting Company. It is one of the most famous and oldest television networks in the US alongside CBS and ABC.
The NBC App is the cheapest subscription you can have in your TV provider to access the on-demand and live-stream content.
Since other brands are getting their way to the online streaming trend, NBC did not hesitate to make its move in order to provide the viewers with the content they want and need.
This app is only available for download inside the USA, although you can install it for free.
How to Download the NBC App on Android
If you are outside of the US, you can still install NBC by clicking on the button below. Take note that this version is only available for android devices such as smartphones and tablets only.
Upon checking, it is not applicable for Amazon Firestick.
NBC APK Download Here:
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
Install NBC on Firestick Guide
Reminder: You need to have an NBCUniversal account to activate this app on your device. (Please provide details on how to register for an account. Our readers mostly come from the US and they want specific instructions. That’s why we provide all of the details.)
1. From your Home screen, go to Find.
2. Go to Search
3. Seach for NBC
4. Click on the NBC app
5. Select Get or Download
6. Wait for the app to be installed
7. Launch the app
8. Go to More
9. Scroll down to My Profile
10. Register or Log in to your account
The app will let you stream thousands of NBC content with additional other movies, drama series, comedies, reality shows, late-night shows, and many more. It also provides News and other live NBC channels to your streaming device.
- Can sign in one NBC Universal account to multiple devices to sync all favorites and unfinished shows.
- Has category filters, video thumbnails, and dedicated brand pages.
- Watch up-to-date episodes of current shows from the NBC family.
- Provide a live stream of national and local news.
- Binge-watch some classic hits from the NBC family, all for free.
- HD quality varies from 720p to 1080p full HD depending on the show.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
NBC Live Channels provided by the App:
- CNBC HD
- NBC News
- NBC Universo
- The NBC Sports HD
- NBC Sports
NBC Original and Popular Shows available in the App:
- America’s Got Talent
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Law and Order
- Victims Unit
- The Tonight’s Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Classis Series you can stream for free:
- Will and Grace
- Saved by the Bell
Pros and Cons
- It will let you stream your favorite shows for free
- Current and old NBC shows available
- On-demand movies available
- Good picture quality
- A wide selection of shows to binge-watch
- Lots of bad reviews
- Subjected to many technical problems
- Hard to re-authenticate sometimes after signing out
- New episodes and shows are not always free, it will require the user to have a cable subscription
- There are no indications on which shows or episodes are available without a cable subscription
- Need a cable subscription to install the app
Is the NBC app on firestick free?
The app is free for download. A few of the content is free, but some, like brand new episodes, require the app to have a cable subscription.
Are there Ads?
Yes. The free version of the app has advertisements.
What other devices does NBC app work on?
You can install the app on your Android phones, tablet, Android TV, Apple TVs, Echo Show, Amazon Fire Tablets, iPhones, iPad, Roku devices, Samsung TVs, Vizio TVs, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
Does the NBC App require a certain Internet speed?
For smooth streaming, have at least 10 Mbps internet speed.
Do I need a cable subscription to use the app?
Yes. You need to have a cable subscription first for you to be able to use the app. But you can NBC on your Fire TV through different streaming services like Hulu, Sling TV, AT&T TV, and Youtube TV.
NBC App Not Working on Firestick
Sometimes you are experiencing streaming issues, application crashes, and unable to load content using the NBC app in your firestick, you will need these tips on how to troubleshoot such problems:
Log out and Re-authenticate Using Your TV Provider
This is the first thing that you must try to do to solve most of your problems with the NBC app on firestick
Sign out of your TV provider in the Settings of the app
Sign in again to your provider with the primary address on the provider account in the Settings of the app.
(follow the link to get the primary address )
Restart your Firestick Device
Home > Settings > My Fire TV / Device > Restart
(the alternative procedure is to unplug and re-plug your device)
Clean up the NBC App
Home > Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > NBC App > Clear cache / clear data
Force stop the NBC App
Home > Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > NBC App > Force Stop
(Try to re-open the app after forcing it to close)
Stream Safely with a VPN
Streaming requires a lot of internet data. Because of this, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) is throttling our internet speed. This will result in buffering.
Protect your identity from your ISP with the use of a VPN.
We recommend SurfShark as the best VPN especially while streaming. It provides these benefits and more:
- Provides protection against hackers when you are using public wi-fi
- Adds an additional layer of protection especially from your ISP while using the internet.
- Your connections and data will be kept encrypted and anonymous
- Keeps your data and files from harmful malware
- Gives easy access and downloads from different torrent sites without being caught.
- Makes your internet speed faster
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Best Alternatives for the NBC App on Firestick:
Here is the list of other applications that you might like to check out:
You can use Hulu to watch movies and series with a multi-platform video-on-demand service that offers feature films, series, original shows, and more.
Amazon Prime Video
You can watch over 90,000 movies and TV shows on Amazon Prime Video. It has a feature called the Amazon Instant Video that streams movies and TV shows on different devices such as PC, Mac, Smart TVs, and Blu-ray players.
Known as a video-sharing website that allows users to upload, view and share videos, and other media content.
It is the world’s leading subscription service for watching original shows, TV series, and movies on your phone and other devices.
Since there are a lot of wonderful shows that NBC offers, it is so great to have the NBC App on your device. It is free and worth the try. There are just a lot of commercials and advertisements during the shows.
The problem is most people find it hard to use the app. The way on how to set up the app on the device to activating and authenticating is way too difficult for some users.
We hope that this article helps you to know how to install the NBC App on your firestick device.