This article will show you how to make Firestick faster.
The Amazon Firestick is one of the best devices ever created because it allows us to access a wide range of internet resources. Whether you like free applications or ones that require a monthly subscription, the Firestick device is a great purchase due to its one-time cost.
However, the Firestick comes with a lot of default settings that cause our Firestick to function slowly, even when we have a fast internet connection. Not to mention the fact that the Firestick has limited storage to store a significant number of apps. As a result, the slowness interrupts our enjoyment of our favorite movies and TV shows while streaming them, and it even jeopardizes our Firestick experience.
So with this ongoing issue with the Firestick, we’re continually thinking of solutions to speed it up so that we can get the most out of it. And that’s why we’ve written this article to show and help you how to make Firestick faster. But don’t worry; these are typically simple methods that can be executed with your Firestick device.
What’s Causing Your Firestick to Slow Down?
There are only a few causes, but they have a significant impact on your Firestick’s performance.
- Your Firestick has too much-stored memory
- Several settings are switched on that aren’t needed
- Your Firestick is overheating, which is affecting its ability to connect to the Wi-Fi network
If your Firestick is overheating, however, you may want to read our post on how to cool down your Amazon Firestick.
How To Make Firestick Faster
We’ve created a list of the fastest and easiest ways to make your Firestick faster so you can enjoy more seamless streaming and browsing.
Reboot Your Firestick
We always remind our readers, and I’ll tell you again if you’re a new reader, that you should reboot your Firestick regularly to improve its performance. You can clean cached files, receive device updates, and force shutdown apps and processes that are operating in the background by rebooting your Firestick. Rebooting your Firestick does a lot more for your device than you may imagine, so you should be aware of its importance in terms of speeding it up.
How To Reboot Your Firestick
- On the Main Menu of your Firestick, go to “Settings”
- Select “My Fire TV”
- Click “Reset to Factory Defaults”
- Then click on “Reset”
- You will then be notified that your Firestick is resetting to factory defaults
- Select your Wi-Fi network and connect to it
- Then sign in with your Amazon account
Turn Off Automatic Updates
Though this function makes updating your apps easier because it doesn’t require you to do any extra actions, it slows down your Firestick. The primary reason for this is that it is always running in the background. The second is that it simply updates without your permission, keeping your Firestick occupied. And lastly, installing updates for apps you don’t use wastes too much of your Firestick’s storage space. As a result, you have less storage and poorer performance without being able to even use it. And, on my part, I like manually updating apps on all of my devices because it allows me to choose which apps to update and which ones to ignore. That way, I’ll be able to put my device’s storage space to better use.
How To Turn Off Automatic Updates on Firestick
- On the Main Menu, go to “Settings”
- Click on “Applications”
- Then select “Appstore”
- Click “Automatic Updates” to turn it off
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Delete Unused Apps
We understand that you can’t seem to get rid of some apps that you believe will be useful in the future. But, let me assure you, you won’t have to worry about it because you can quickly reinstall apps on your Firestick anytime you need them. So let go of your attachment to those apps and free up some storage on your Firestick immediately for speedier streaming and navigation.
How To Delete Apps on Firestick
There are two ways how to delete apps on your Firestick device
- Go to “Your Apps & Games”
- Scroll down and select an application
- Once you’ve selected an app, press the menu (3 lines) button on your Firestick remote
- Then click on the last option which is “Uninstall”
- Select “Uninstall”
- Click “OK”
- Go to “Settings”
- Select “Applications”
- Scroll down and click “Manage Installed Applications”
- Choose an application then click on it
- Scroll down and select “Uninstall”
- Click “Uninstall”
- Your Firestick will then delete the app from your device
Turn off Notifications
Yes, notifications may be beneficial in the sense that they will inform you of updates to your apps and device. However, because it keeps your Firestick active by creating notifications on your device, it slows down the speed of your Firestick. So, to make your Firestick faster, we recommend turning off notifications, especially if you aren’t waiting for an app or Firestick version update.
How to Turn off Notifications
- On your Main Menu, go to “Settings”
- Click on “Applications”
- Then select “Appstore”
- Scroll down to “Notifications”, then click on it to turn it off
However, if you want to choose which apps to keep on and which to switch off, you can use this guide:
- Still on the “Settings”
- Select “Preferences”
- Choose “Notification Settings”
- Then click “App Notifications”
- All your apps will then appear, just click on an app to turn it off
Clear up Cache
Cache stores temporary files on your device the first time you open an app, allowing you to operate it quickly and easily. It can speed up the launch of an existing app, but it can also slow down the performance of your Firestick device. This is because these temporary files gradually eat up a lot of space on your Firestick device’s memory. So, to free up some memory on your Firestick and make it run faster, you’ll need to clear the cache files that have been stored on your device.
How To Clear App Cache on Firestick
- On the Home screen, go to “Settings”
- Then go to “Applications”
- Choose “Manage Installed Applications”
- Browse through your installed apps and click on the one from where you want to clear the cache
- Then click on the last option which is “Clear cache”
Turn off Data Monitoring
In case you didn’t know, the Firestick simply monitors the user’s data consumption to acquire as much information as it can. As a result, these stored data eat up space in your storage that you won’t even be able to use. Aside from that, we take data privacy seriously here at Reviewvpn so data collection and monitoring are not acceptable to us. As a result, turning the data monitoring off is like killing two birds with one stone. You can make Firestick faster while also prohibiting third-party servers from monitoring and keeping your information.
How To Turn Off Data Monitoring
- On the Main Menu, simply go to “Settings”
- Then select “Data Monitoring”
- Click on “Data Monitoring” to turn it off
- That’s it, you have stopped your Firestick from monitoring and logging your internet activity.
Disable Video and Sound Autoplay
Most Firestick users are unaware that the Video and Sound Autoplay feature has an impact on the device’s speed. If you’re unfamiliar with this setting, it makes use of the Featured portion of your Firestick device’s Homescreen. It’s the carousel, which shows app and movie suggestions based on an algorithm depending on your data usage history. Though this may help you in getting suggestions, it consumes too much of your Firestick’s performance because it is always on the loop while you are on the Home page. As a result, we recommend that you turn it off as well.
How To Disable Video and Sound Autoplay
- Go to “Settings”
- Choose “Preferences”
- Scroll down then click on “Featured Content”
- Click on “Allow Video Autoplay” and “Allow Audio Autoplay” to turn them off
Utilize a VPN
A VPN can help you speed up your Firestick in a variety of ways. The first reason is that connecting to a VPN service, especially the best one, will instantly connect you to the fastest server available in your location. That way, you can be sure you’ll have a faster connection than if you just use your standard wifi. The second reason is that VPN services provide you with unlimited bandwidth, allowing you to stream and download whatever content you want. It also protects you from ISP throttling by masking your internet activity. When you use a VPN, the days of worrying about exceeding your data caps and experiencing a slowdown, lags, and buffers are long gone. Not only does it speed up your Firestick, but it also protects your data by masking your online identity from everyone on the internet, including hackers and phishers.
Things to Consider When Choosing a VPN
- Zero-Log Policy
- Fast Internet Speed
- Unlimited bandwidth
- A large number of IP addresses and servers
- Includes a large number of location
- Number of simultaneous connections (preferably unlimited)
- Availability in major platforms and OS
- Encryption and Protocols
Only use the Original Charger/Adapter
It’s always ideal to use the original charger that came with the device when you bought it, just like with any other device. The key reason is that it is the most compatible charger, which means it will provide you the best and fastest charging time. Of course, you don’t want to jeopardize your Firestick’s performance by choosing low-quality power sources that won’t charge your device faster or more efficiently. Aside from that, if you connect your Firestick to a substandard charger, it may cause damage to your device. Yes, it may charge right now, but you’ll never know what effect or damage it’s doing on your Firestick device, particularly its battery. That’s why you should only use the original charger and store it in a secure location so it doesn’t get misplaced or stolen.
Use a Third-Party App such as Speed Toolbox
We recently published an article about the Speed Toolbox, which can help you speed up your Firestick by adjusting the animation scale. Transition Animation Scale, Window Animation Scale, and Animator Animation Scale are three parameters available in Speed Toolbox. It can help make Firestick faster by turning off these animations, which allows you to switch between apps more swiftly.
How To Install Speed Toolbox on Firestick
To begin, if your Firestick has not yet been jailbroken, follow the simple steps below to jailbreak it to install TDUK Speed Toolbox on your device:
- Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your Right. Click Setting
- Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
- Select Developer options.
- Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
Then, after jailbreaking your Firestick, you’ll need to download the Downloader app to sideload the TDUK Speed Toolbox. This app, which is easily available on the Amazon App Store, allows you to download APK files.
- Go to FIND.
- Then click Search
- You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
- Click on the Downloader icon
- Choose Download
- Then click on Open.
- Click on Allow.
- You will be asked to enter a download link. Type in “https://reviewvpn.com/tdsp” and select Go.
- Depending on your internet connection, the APK will take a few seconds to download.
- After that, choose Install.
- Then click Open.
- If you want to delete the APK file, click “Done” and “Delete”.
- Once the app launches, it will ask if you’ll allow USB debugging, just click “OK”
To learn more about TDUK Speed Toolbox, you may read this article.
Secure Your Connection With A VPN
Because the Amazon Firestick allows you to download and stream as much content as you like, you should be aware that this is all the more needed to secure your connection. Accessing a lot of information online has its advantages and disadvantages, and one disadvantage is that third-party servers, especially snoopers, can gain access to your data. That is why we constantly urge our readers to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) such as Surfshark to safeguard their connection. Surfshark will provides you with an anonymous IP address, allowing you to hide your connection and your identity from anyone on the internet. It would then be difficult for cyber threats like hackers and phishers to take your information for monetary or malicious purposes. Apart from that, Surfshark provides you with the following benefits:
- With 3,200 VPN servers in 65 locations to choose from, you can rest assured that Surfshark will always has an IP address available for you.
- By connecting to an anonymous IP address from 70+ countries, you can bypass censorship and geo-restrictions and access content from anywhere in the world
- Secure all of your devices with Surfshark service, which allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous connections
- Surfshark is available on all major platforms, so you may connect all of your devices to it
- It has a kill switch feature that will automatically disconnect your device from the internet if your VPN connection is accidentally interrupted.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
How can I speed up my Firestick?
There are several methods for speeding up your Firestick that was covered in this article. This involves actions like rebooting, disabling default settings, deleting cached data, and more. Using a VPN can also make Firestick faster because it provides the fastest internet connection available and unlimited bandwidth.
What to do if Firestick is running slow?
In the event of a slowdown on your Firestick, the first thing you should do is reboot it. Your cached files will be cleared, and any open background apps will be forced to close. If it’s still slow, you can try disabling some of the permissions outlined in this article in the settings.
Why is my Firestick running so slow?
Full memory, an overheated device, or unnecessary default settings are the most common causes of Firestick slowdown.
The Firestick includes several default settings that most of us aren’t aware of until we’ve taken the time to look through them. Unfortunately, not everyone is tech-savvy enough to understand the implications of changing these settings. And as a result, guides like these will make it easier for them to understand and perform the proper procedure.
With that, we’d like to thank you for taking the time to read our article on how to make Firestick faster. We hope we were able to assist you and provide you with ways how to have a better and faster Firestick experience.