In this article, I will show how to install the Local Now App on your Firestick device.
Local Now App is an American internet television service owned by The Weather Group Channel that provides free local news, weather updates, movies, and TV shows.
Its content is targeted to your location, ensuring that you receive the most up-to-date news and information.
You can set up to six locations and gain access to over 200 local streams as well as thousands of free movies and TV shows in just one application.
Install Local Now App on Firestick Guide
Local Now is an official app on the Amazon App Store so you can directly download the app without having to jailbreak your Firestick. For the steps on how to install Local Now on your Firestick device, you may follow the guide below:
- On the Home screen, Go to “Find”.
- Then scroll down click on “Search”.
- You may use the Alexa voice command or simply type in “Local Now”.
- Tap on the icon of the application to download.
- Select “Get”.
- Then wait for the app to be installed.
- Once done, click “Open” to launch the app.
- There you have it, Local Now is now installed on your Firestick device and you can now start browsing the app.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
- Once the app launches, you’ll see the weather update for your location
- It has tabs for Today, Explores, and Movies & TV
- You can add up to 6 items to your location list
- There are free movies and TV shows
- Over 200 local streams for news
- Thousands of free movies and TV show content
- Fast-loading and buffer-free movies
- Has subtitle support
The app is fast-loading so you wouldn’t have to worry about waiting for its videos to play
Pros and Cons
- It’s a one-stop-shop for free news, weather update, and movies
- You can set up to 6 locations for more content
- There are thousands of free movies that you can stream for free
- Buffer-free streaming
- The app is geo-restricted so users outside the US will not be able to download and access the Local Now app
- There are ads
Stream Safely with a VPN
Just in case you are unaware, your data privacy is at risk every time you access public content online or connect to public wifi. Yes, streaming whenever and wherever you like is great, but only until hackers and phishers pose a threat to your personal information. The reason is that your IP address leaves tracks on all your online activities, making your information vulnerable to online attacks.
And so to prevent that from happening while streaming your favorite content online, you will be needing a VPN (Virtual Private Network) like SurfShark. A VPN will encrypt your internet connection by providing you with an anonymous IP address so you can browse and stream any content without the fear of exposing your online information. It will help you maintain your anonymity and keep your online information hidden so you can avoid possible threats from third parties. Aside from that, you can take advantage of the following benefits of SurfShark:
- An anonymous IP address from 65+ locations.
- Avoid phishers and hackers from accessing your personal information.
- Ensure zero logs and no IP address leaks.
- Avoid ISP throttling by preventing your ISP from tracking down your internet activity.
- Watch and download unlimited torrents.
- Unlimited simultaneous VPN connections.
- Prevent your device from getting infected by malware and ransomware.
Note: For more information about SurfShark, please read our SURFSHARK REVIEW.
Click here to get the lowest price on SurfShark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
What is Local Now?
Local Now is an application that lets you stream local news and movies for free. It is owned by The Weather Channel so the app also gives you a weather update on your location.
Is Local Now safe?
Yes, Local Now is safe for streaming. But for safer and more secured internet activity, we always recommend our readers to have a VPN like SurfShark.
Is Local Now legal?
Yes, Local Now is legal and it is a verified app that you can download on the Amazon App store
Is Local Now free?
Yes, you can stream Local Now’s news and movie content for free
Is there a need for registration?
No, there’s no need for registration to install and access the Local Now app.
What other device is it available for streaming?
Local Now is also available on Apple TV, Android and Roku.
Does it have an official Website?
Yes, you can visit their official website at https://localnow.com/
For audiences in the United States, the Local Now App is a highly recommended free streaming service. What I like about this app is that it provides viewers with exclusive news based on their location. It only provides the most relevant news and information in your area, so you’ll always be up to date on what’s going on within your location. There are also free movies and TV shows to watch, making it a one-stop shop for all of your streaming needs.
Thank you for reaching the end of this article. We hope we were able to help you in installing the Local Now app on your Firestick device and provide you with an overview of the app’s features. Enjoy streaming.