#1 Speed Test Tool from Speedtest.net
People pay a substantial amount of money for the internet. In the US, an average of $50 a month is required to have a good connection and in other countries, they almost have the same fee. The question is, are you getting your money’s worth? In some countries like the Philippines, they pay for a lot more but get a mere fraction of the promised speed. So how do you track if you get what you paid for? To be technically accurate, you need an application that analyzes your internet speed performance. In this article, we will be discussing how to install #1 Speed Test Tool from Speedtest.net (Ookla) on your Firestick
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Installation Guide on a Firestick
- On the home screen, go to “Settings”
- Select My Fire TV
- Select Developer Options
- Open Apps from Unknown Sources
- Click Turn On
- Head back to the home screen and select “Search”
- Search Downloader and click “Downloader”. It will appear under the keyboard
- Choose the “Downloader app”
- Download it
- Choose Open
- Select Allow
- Choose OK
- Type https://archive.org/download/Speedtest.net/Speedtest-3.2.14-6602.apk and select Go
- Wait for it to finish
- Install Speed Test Tool
- Select Done
- This will automatically take you back to Downloader. Select Delete
- Choose Delete Again
- Head back to the home screen and under the “Your Apps & Channels” choose See All.
- Scroll down and choose Speed Test Tool and select the “Options”. Then select “Move to front”
- Speed Test Tool will be moved forward to “Your Apps and Channels”
- Open Speed Test Tool
- You can now perform a diagnostic test on your internet speed.
What Does it Do?
Speed Test Tool executes a detailed examination of your internet speed capability. With the premium version, you get a built-in VPN service and enjoy ad-free runs.
It is compatible with IOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows, Google Chrome, and Apple TV.
The interface has five tabs which have an individual function and they are as follows:
– Shows you the history of your tests. It will give you an idea of the pattern of your internet speed. This will show you if your connection is consistent with what you pay for.
– This will show the coverage of your mobile network provider in your designated area and all around the globe.
Speed Test Live
– This one will show the average speed and performance of the apps that you use on a regular basis.
Pros and Cons
– One-click diagnostic test
– Fast and efficient
– Detailed Result helps in tracking the consistency of your internet speed
– The ads are a bit annoying. This is unnecessary because it has a premium version where it can generate income.
– The VPN service is not at par with the leading brands you can see in the market today.
Is it safe to use?
You don’t need to worry about anything. Speed Test Tool is very safe to use.
Is it legal or grey?
It is 100% legal to use.
Should I use VPN?
If you are going to use the free version and would like to see the maximum potential of your internet speed, then yes, we will recommend you to use a VPN. Why? Because a VPN is going to block the efforts of your ISP to throttle your internet speed. In this way, the internet speed you will have is raw and pure. If you are going to use the premium version, then there is no need to run another VPN service because it has its own in-app. When you turn this on, the other VPN service you are using is going to be forced to shut down.
Note: Our IPVANISH REVIEW will give you a piece of detailed information regarding a premium VPN service.
Screenshots with Step by Step Instruction to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Is it free?
Yes, it is free to download and install on your device.
Are there ADS?
The free version has ads while the premium version doesn’t.
Is there a premium version?
Yes, there is a premium version. The added features in this version are the built-in VPN service.
Is there an official website?
You can visit https://www.speedtest.net for the official website
What other devices does it work on?
It will also work on Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Fire Cube, and other devices that run on Android OS.
How does the app work?
You can follow the installation guide we have provided above to know how the app works.
Minimum Version Required
Any Android device that has version 4.1 and above
How long has it been around?
It was developed by Ookla in 2006.
What is the development team like?
We believe that they are committed to providing the best service because, in the Settings Tab In-app, you will that there is a portion designated for feedback. This just shows their commitment to providing assistance and technical support to the users.
– Fast.com (webpage)
– Speedof.Me (webpage)
– nPerf (app)
– DSL Reports (app)
In times like this, you need to know if you are getting your money’s worth. This app will help you to determine if what you are paying is indeed what you signed-up for. ISP’s nowadays are very stingy in giving you the speed you deserve. Other companies may be truthful to their promise but there will also be others who will make a fool out of you. Speed Test Tool will be useful in determining which provider is the best and worth the money you pay for.
Kindly leave your suggestions on how we can improve to serve you better down on the comments section. Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on any of our social media platforms. Thank you for reading and have a nice day!
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.