Yoda Kodi Addon
Yoda Kodi addon has been one of the most popular addons since 2017. It went down earlier this year but as of July has been back up and running with a vengeance. As a fork of the popular Covenant/Exodus addons, it has proved to be a highly effective and stable add on.
What is Kodi?
Kodi was first released in 2002 as a piece of homebrew software, allowing Xbox users to stream and play media on their devices. Since then it’s used has exploded, the software is now on its 18th versions and has been downloaded around the world tens of millions of times.
The open-source media player has grown in popularity due to its being cross-platform, open-source and also having an inbuilt 10-foot user interface. On top of this, it also has an extensive library of thousands of addons. Many of them unofficial. These addons add a multitude of capabilities including the ability to access the latest tv shows, movies and thousands of live TV channels across the world.
There is no other media player that has as many addons, combined with users, developers and the support of a core development team.
What is an Addon?
An add on is basically an additional program that gives you added features on top of what Kodi provides.
Though Kodi is a lovely feature-rich piece of software you need addons to access the latest movies and streams from scrapers that are contained within add ons.
There are literally thousands available from unknown sources, meaning they are not offered on the official Kodi add on library. This doesn’t mean the sources can’t be trusted, just that the content they provide cannot be officially sanctioned by Kodi.
What is Yoda Kodi Addon?
Yoda is a multi-source scraper add on and can be found in the Supremacy repo. It’s also one of the oldest and most respected addons on Kodi and can be found in most builds.
- Clean and easy to use UI
- Compatible with Real Debrid
- TV Shows
- Personal library
- New episodes
- Inbuilt updates
- Torrent scrapers
- API key
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How to Install Yoda Kodi Addon
Get Yoda up and running in 5 minutes with these simple steps. If you want to make sure everything on Yoda works then we recommend you use a VPN, without it some or all of the links or services may be blocked by your internet service provider.
- Open up Kodi
- A clock on settings (the gear icon in the top left-hand corner)
- Click System
- Turn on Unknown sources
- Go back to the previous screen using the back button and click File Manager
- Click add source
- Click “Add None”
- In the “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” URL bar that comes up type in: http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/ (If for any reason this link stops working use Google to find a working link/mirror site for the latest working version)
- Name the source Yoda
- Yoda will now be added to your Kodi file manager
- Click Addons
- Click install from .zip file
- Select your Yoda file
- Once you select the zip file it will take a few seconds
- Now click install file from the repository
- Click Yoda Repo
- Go to Video addons
- Click Video Addons and then install, also click install for additional add ons
- Go back to the home screen and Yoda should now be successfully installed and you are good to go
How to Install Yoda Kodi Addon with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Yoda (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Yoda (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.kodil-1.3.zip
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Kodil Repository.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Yoda again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Yoda has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Yoda add-on.
Is it Safe to Use?
Yoda is one of the safest and most highly respected and used addons in the Kodiverse.
Just beware of websites that say you can download it from them instead of the official repository. You are opening yourself up to corrupted files, viruses or malware. Be safe and stay official.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Yoda operates in a grey area, but anyone who uses it is clearly not fussed about being legal. Much of the content is brand new, copyrighted and not meant to be free.
Be aware that if you try and use Yoda without a VPN, some or all of their services and links may stop working overtime when your Internet Service Provider realizes you may be accessing copyrighted content illegally.
Should I Use This Add On With a VPN?
Always use a VPN with Kodi.
VPN’s keep your connection encrypted and your data safe. With a VPN, even your ISP can’t see your online activities. Therefore, they can’t restrict what you are doing. Your will IP address won’t be connected with what you do online.
Using a VPN allows you to browse the Internet and use Yoda without fear of being blocked or logged. You may be surprised to hear that almost half of all content online is actually blocked by your ISP. Because of agreements, they have trusted providers of media and other content.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Is it Free?
When Was It Released?
Yoda was originally released in 2017
Yoda is a great add on but has been down recently for a sustained period of time, luckily there are a number of great addons out there:
You could also try:
- 7 of 9
- Deathstar of Destiny
- The Magic Dragon
- Exodus Redux
Or simply just regularly check Google for best Kodi addons which are updated sometimes daily
Yoda has been a great add on for some years but had significant downtime this year. We are glad to see it back and working well. Use it in a mix with other video addons and you should have an excellent Kodi setup.
Their updated scrapers and simple interface make it a real dream to use, tied in with Real Debrid you can get high-quality links as well.