Unlock My TV App Overview
In this article, we will be instructing you on how to install UnlockMyTV on Firestick and other android devices.
Unlock My TV offers two clones of popular services. One of the now-defunct Terrarium TV and the other for one of our top 5 applications Cinema HD.
It offers a lot of functionality and everything you can expect to find on Cinema HD you will get here with slight lag due to updates, also it has a clean and easy to use interface which makes it a dream to use.
To install UnlockMyTV on Firestick, the Firestick needs to be jailbroken first. Please follow this tutorial:
Also, to sideload UnlockMyTV, the Downloader app is required. Please refer to this guide:
Download UnlockMyTV APK on Android
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
How To Install UnlockMyTV on Firestick
- Go to Settings and select Device.
- Choose Developer Options
- Turn on the ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources
- After turning these options on, launch the Amazon App Store on your device
- Search and Download Downloader
- Install Downloader and launch it after installing it.
- Choose Allow and Select Ok
- Type in http://reviewvpn.com/mytv and select Go
- Wait for it to finish and then select UnlockMyTV
- Select Done
- This will automatically take you back to Downloader. Select Delete
- Choose Delete one more time
- Head back to the home screen and under the Your Apps & Channels select Choose All
- Scroll down and select UnlockMyTV and select the Options.
- Then select Move to Front
- UnlockMyTV will be moved forward to Your Apps and Channels
- After this, you will see UnlockMyTV and click it to launch.
Install UnlockMyTV on a Firestick with Screenshots
1. Scroll to Settings from the home screen.
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Source.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
6. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
7. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
8. Click on the Downloader icon
9. Click Download
10. Click on Open
11. Click on Allow.
12. Type https://reviewvpn.com/mytv and click Go.
13. Click on INSTALL.
14. Click OPEN.
15. Click Allow
16. Enjoy Watching.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
You should always use any Android TV service with a VPN. Preferably one that has inbuilt malware scanning software.
Your Internet Service Provider is likely to block many of the links that you try and use through their scrapers as they will have been flagged as serving illegally distributed content.
A VPN helps to keeps your anonymous online, avoid being watched by your ISP as well as obscuring your IP in the case that a media provider tries to trace back individual users.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
- Large library of high-quality media
- HD links
- Compatible with Amazon Fire TV series of devices
- Clean and simple user interface
- Able to watch trailers
- Download programs to watch them offline or while you travel
- Kids mode to block adult content
- Free with in-application ads
- Supports Real Debrid and Trak.TV
- Favorite titles
- Search and Filter function
Integrate Real Debrid on UnlockMyTV
1. Launch UnlockMyTV on your Firestick.
2. Click on the hamburger menu.
3. Click on Settings.
4. Select Login to Real-Debrid.
5. Take note of the given code.
6. On a separate device, open a browser and type in realdebrid.com/device.
7. Input the code given a while ago.
8. Click on Continue.
9. Wait a while until this notification appears.
10. You can now see that Real Debrid is already integrated on UnlockMyTV.
11. Yellow-colored links are populated from Real-Debrid.
Note: For more information regarding Real-Debrid, please read our Real-Debrid Review.
Pros and Cons
As Unlock My TV is a clone of Cinema HD you would get all the same Pros as CinemaHD with a slight lag when it comes to updates.
- Free to use
- Download movies and watch them on the go
- Links are scanned prior to being placed in the public library if you click a link and it is found to be suspicious you will serve the next best safe link
- By integrating with Real Debrid you can download content at high speeds and gain access to the community with a large number of playlist and titles to expand your library
- Compatibility with Trak.tv means you can pick up watching a program where you left off
- A really lovely user interface, full of information with a clean design
- Being able to watch trailers means you can check if a new program is for you before trying to find a working link
- Lacks the support of Cinema HD as it is a clone
- Little information widely available in terms of the developer, update logs, and upcoming events as they have no Facebook page or subreddit
What Does it Do?
Unlock My TV works by using online web scrapers to find new titles that are being added each day from hundreds of different popular sites including torrents. The links are then aggregated and added to the existing libraries meaning content is updated on a daily basis and old links are culled.
Unlock My TV works like a Google for new media, meaning that you can always find a link to the latest episode of your favorite TV show or the newest films from the box office.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Unlock my TV works on all Android-based devices
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, the application is perfect if downloaded from the Amazon store or their official website. Avoid third party sites that say you can download it there. You are just setting yourself up for a corrupt file.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Though some reviewers try to paint Unlock my TV as legal it isn’t really. Any content delivery network that is serving or helping users to access copyrighted content comes under a grey area. Though they may take down copyrighted content it will just get replaced the following day by the scrapers.
Is it Free?
Yes, it’s 100% free
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
No, there are no ads whatsoever
Is There a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Website?
Yes you get a basic 1-page website giving you a link to download the official apk: https://unlockmytv.com/#downloads
Always remember to download the apk from an official website, or trusted source. If not use Malwarebytes or some form of a malware scanner to scan the file before you open it. The internet is rife with malware from copycat websites.
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Unlock My TV will work on any device which uses the minimum version of Android required.
How Does The App Work?
You can download the application on the Amazon store, or directly download the apk file from the Unlock My TV website
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Hard to say, but as a clone of CinemaHD which has only been around since May 2018, we estimate somewhere around the second half of 2018. The clone was probably put up when CinemaHD’s servers went down
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
No, a Cinema HD clone, on the website it says you can download the Terrarium TV Clone UnlockMyTTV but the link just loops you back to the home page.
What is the Development Team Like?
Unknown, there is no information about the developer that we could find online, whether that be through Google, Facebook, or Reddit.
If you find that UnlockMyTV is not working, we have prepared a list of streaming apps that are a part of our Best Firestick Apps list. Here they are:
ReviewVPN.com does not host any of these files. They are hosted on Archive.org.
Unlock My TV is a well-designed and thoughtful application, which is becoming popular by being 100% without adverts.
However, in all honesty, it would make little sense to us to use Unlock My TV when we could just use Cinema HD which has more support and an active developer at the helm.
As they say, why use the clone when you can use the real thing?
It is our wish that this write up helps you with how to install UnlockMyTV on Firestick and other android devices. Thank you for reading!
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.
You may also like: