Unlock My TV
Is it Any Good?
Unlock My TV offers two clones of popular service. One of the now-defunct Terrarium TV and the other for one of our top 5 applications Cinema HD. It offers a lot of functionality and everything you can expect to find on Cinema HD you will get here with slight lag due to updates, also it has a clean and easy to use interface which makes it a dream to use.
Cinema HD is one of the most downloaded Android streaming apps around supported by an enormous community.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
What Does it Do?
Unlock My TV works by using online web scrapers to find new titles that are being added each day from hundreds of different popular sites including torrents. The links are then aggregated and added to the existing libraries meaning content is updated on a daily basis and old links are culled.
Unlock My TV works like a Google for new media, meaning that you can always find a link to the latest episode of your favorite TV show or the newest films from the box office.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Unlock my TV works on all Android-based devices
- Large library of high-quality media
- HD links
- Compatible with Amazon Fire TV series of devices
- Clean and simple user interface
- Able to watch trailers
- Download programs to watch them offline or while you travel
- Kids mode to block adult content
- Free with in-application ads
- Supports Real Debrid and Trak.TV
- Favorite titles
- Search and Filter function
Pros and Cons
As Unlock My TV is a clone of Cinema HD you would get all the same Pros as CinemaHD with a slight lag when it comes to updates.
- Free to use
- Download movies and watch them on the go
- Links are scanned prior to being placed in the public library if you click a link and it is found to be suspicious you will serve the next best safe link
- By integrating with Real Debrian you can download content at high speeds and gain access to the community with a large number of playlist and titles to expand your library
- Compatibility with Trak.tv means you can pick up watching a program where you left off
- A really lovely user interface, full of information with a clean design
- Being able to watch trailers means you can check if a new program is for you before trying to find a working link
- Lacks the support of Cinema HD as it is a clone
- Little information widely available in terms of the developer, update logs and upcoming events as they have no Facebook page or subreddit
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, the application is perfect if downloaded from the Amazon store or their official website. Avoid third party sites that say you can download it there. You are just setting yourself up for a corrupt file.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Though some reviewers try to paint Unlock my TV as legal it isn’t really. Any content delivery network that is serving or helping users to access copyrighted content comes under a grey area. Though they may take down copyrighted content it will just get replaced the following day by the scrapers.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
You should always use any Android TV service with a VPN. Preferably one that has inbuilt malware scanning software.
Your Internet Service Provider is likely to block many of the links that you try and use through their scrapers as they will have been flagged as serving illegally distributed content.
A VPN helps to keeps your anonymous online, avoid being watched by your ISP as well as obscuring your IP in the case that a media provider tries to trace back individual users.
Is it Free?
Yes, it’s 100% free
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
No, there are no ads whatsoever
Is There a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Website?
Yes you get a basic 1-page website giving you a link to download the official apk: https://unlockmytv.com/#downloads
Always remember to download the apk from an official website, or trusted source. If not use Malwarebytes or some form of a malware scanner to scan the file before you open it. The internet is rife with malware from copycat websites.
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Unlock My TV will work on any device which uses the minimum version of Android required.
How Does The App Work?
You can download the application on the Amazon store, or directly download the apk file from the Unlock My TV website
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Hard to say, but as a clone of CinemaHD which has only been around since May 2018, we estimate somewhere around the second half of 2018. The clone was probably put up when CinemaHD’s servers went down
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
No, a Cinema HD clone, on the website it says you can download the Terrarium TV Clone UnlockMyTTV but the link just loops you back to the home page.
What is the Development Team Like?
Unknown, there is no information about the developer that we could find online, whether that be through Google, Facebook or Reddit
Lots of great alternatives to what is a good app. Of course, you can use CinemaHD which also is 100% free without ads, Cyberflix, or Zion TV
Unlock My TV is a well designed and thoughtful application, which is becoming popular by being 100% without adverts.
However, in all honesty, it would make little sense to us to use Unlock My TV when we could just use Cinema HD which has more support and an active developer at the helm.
As they say, why use the clone when you can use the real thing?