Is it Any Good?
Typhoon TV is one of the newer Android TV applications on the block but has attracted a wealth of attention for its great features, slick interface, and wide adoption. The app itself has been downloaded over 10 million times which is impressive considering it only came around at the start of 2019. Though we have noticed a string of copycat websites alleging their applications have been downloaded millions of times so we will take that with a big pinch of salt. But Typhoon does legitimately look exciting.
With an engaged developer and impressive functionality, Typhoon Tv is a great addition to anyone’s library.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
What Does it Do?
Typhoon TV has custom scrapers that run a script daily to harvest the best links online for you to watch your favorite media.
Typhoon TV also excepts recommended links by form and allows you to download content and watch offline
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Typhoon TV works on all Android-based devices
- Clean and easy to use UI
- Streams available in multiple quality types including HD, Full HD, and 4K
- Multiple languages supported with open subtitles
- No registration required
- Ability to sort titles using multiple options
- Mark episodes as watched
- Compatible with most mainstream external media players including MX and VLC
- Download content and watch offline
- Live TV Calendar
- Fast Servers for big files
- A wide selection of genres
- Supports Chrome Cast
- Supports Real Debrian and Trak.tv
- Bookmark favorites
- Chromecast support
- Built-in video player in case your external media player is not supported
Pros and Cons
- Enormous content library which continues to grow
- Popular app with a lot of users supporting ad revenue
- Active developer who is regularly releasing updates
- In-app media player, means you don’t have to worry about compatibility with your own software
- No registration gives anonymity
- Compatibility with Trak and Real Debrian, means you can pick up watching where you left off as well as access high-speed downloads
- Downloading content for offline watching is becoming rarer, a great feature to have
- TV calendar is Terrarium inspired and allows you to track recent episodes of your favorite TV shows
- Bookmarks mean that you can build your own personalized content library
- Easy to navigate with smart search
- Open contributions from the community encourage the latest links being available and working
- Great community support
- New application with traction and a huge number of downloads
- Able to see popular categories as well as popular and trending now
- No compatibility with Premiumize
- The relatively new app sometimes can flag after initial support wanes
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org. The file format for Typhoon TV is APK. This means it can only run on Firesticks and Android devices. You can, however, use an Android emulator, like Bluestacks, to run it on a Windows machine.
Step by Step Instructions with Screenshots
In this section, we will be showing you how to install Cinema HD on a Firestick.
- Scroll to Settings from the home screen.
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Source.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
6. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
7. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
8. Click on the Downloader icon
9. Click Download
10. Click on Open
11. Click on Allow.
12. Type http://reviewvpn.com/typhoon
13. Click Install.
14. Click Open.
15. Click Allow.
16. Click Exo Player
17. Click Accept.
18. Typhoon TV is Installed. Enjoy Watching.
Is it Safe to Use?
Typhoon TV may be new, but its wealth of community support and updates means it’s safe to use. Just beware of copycat sites trying to take advantage of a rising star but offering you to download it from their site. Stick to their official website or an alternative Android app provider like Aptoide or APK Time.
Is it Legal or Grey?
It’s a grey area, but we’d say Typhoon TV is leaning on the side of not so legal. Many apps have prevented users from downloading content as it makes them complicit in the distribution of pirated material, but Typhoon TV has included it as a popular feature.
Also, the higher the number of users and the more mainstream it becomes the greater the scrutiny it will receive from copyright enforcers.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We recommend installing an active VPN on your device before downloading and installing Typhoon TV, otherwise, the chances are that some or all of the links may not work. We recommend IPVANISH VPN. Get an IPVANISH now.
Screenshots with Step by Step Instruction to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Is it Free?
Yes, Typhoon TV is free and down not even require registration.
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, there are ads but not a massive amount.
Is There a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Website?
Typhoon TV had an official website, but it was taken offline. As of now, they have an active Facebook page and Discord channel.
Always be wary of visiting copycat websites, their apk may be infected with malware. If in doubt scan with Malwarebytes first.
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Typhoon TV will work on any Android device. You can also use an Android emulator to get it to work on.
How Does The App Work?
Simply download, install and go.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Typhoon TV’s Facebook page and first version date from February 2019, but we suspect the app is older and has been rebranded under a new name.
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
There is a sole developer based in Bosnia and Herzegovina who seems very active and is cranking out the updates at the rate of once a month
Typhoon TV is great and luckily there are some really popular stable alternatives out there as well:
- Cyberflix – this one is also a Terrarium TV clone
- UnlockMyTTV – also a Terrarium TV clone
- CatMouse – also a Terrarium TV clone
- Unlock My TV
- TV Zion
- Cinema HD
Typhoon TV is showing some really impressive functionality and usability, one to watch for the future and a definite back up.
There are lots to get excited about downloading offline content and a wealth of community support in the early stages of release for an application is always a good sign as it keeps the developer motivated.
If the updates keep rolling out it will be trading blows with Zion TV and Cyberflix soon.