Typhoon TV App Overview
This article will feature how to install Typhoon TV on Firestick and other Android devices.
Typhoon TV is one of the newer Android TV applications on the block but has attracted a wealth of attention for its great features, slick interface, and wide adoption.
The app itself has been downloaded over 10 million times which is impressive considering it only came around at the start of 2019.
Though we have noticed a string of copycat websites alleging their applications have been downloaded millions of times so we will take that with a big pinch of salt. But Typhoon TV does legitimately look exciting.
With an engaged developer and impressive functionality, installing Typhoon TV is a great addition to anyone’s library.
Important Reminder: A jailbroken firestick is required to be able to install Typhoon TV on your device. Please follow this tutorial:
To directly get the links from which Typhoon TV collects and utilizes, refer to our article on Best Free Movie Streaming Websites.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
How to Install Typhoon TV on Firestick
Reminder: To install Typhoon TV on your Firestick, the Downloader App is needed. Follow this tutorial:
- Go to Settings and select Device
- Choose Developer Options
- Turn on the ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources
- After turning these options on, launch the Amazon App Store on your device
- Search and Download Downloader
- Install Downloader and launch it after installing it.
- Choose Allow and Select Ok
- Type in https://reviewvpn.com/typhoon and select Go
- Wait for it to finish and then select Typhoon TV
- Select Done
- This will automatically take you back to Downloader. Select Delete
- Choose Delete one more time
- Head back to the home screen and under the Your Apps & Channels select Choose All
- Scroll down and select Typhoon TV and select the Options.
- Then select Move to Front
- Typhoon TV will be moved forward to Your Apps and Channels
- After this, you will see Typhoon TV and click it to launch.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Step by Step Instructions with Screenshots
In this section, we will be showing you how to install Typhoon TV on a Firestick.
1. Install the Downloader app and jailbreak your firestick by enabling unknown sources. To learn more about the procedure, you may read How to Install the Downloader App and Enable Unknown Sources.
2. Open Downloader App. Type https://reviewvpn.com/typhoon and click Go.
3. Click Install.
4. Click Open.
5. Click Allow.
6. Click Exo Player
7. Click Accept.
8. Typhoon TV is Installed. Enjoy Watching.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
- Clean and easy to use UI
- Streams available in multiple quality types including HD, Full HD, and 4K
- Multiple languages supported with open subtitles
- No registration required
- Ability to sort titles using multiple options
- Mark episodes as watched
- Compatible with most mainstream external media players including MX and VLC
- Download content and watch offline
- Live TV Calendar
- Fast Servers for big files
- A wide selection of genres
- Supports Chrome Cast
- Supports Real-Debrid and Trakt TV
- Bookmark favorites
- Chromecast support
- Built-in video player in case your external media player is not supported
Should I Use Typhoon TV With a VPN?
We always remind our readers that free streaming comes with great responsibility. You always have to ensure that you do it carefully and securely.
You can do this by using any free streaming app with a reliable and trustworthy VPN service like IPVANISH.
Here are the following benefits of such service:
- Hides all of your online activity which is constantly monitored by your ISP. Streaming is one such activity that ISP’s take seriously. If it seems that you are exceeding your data cap, it will do everything in its power to throttle down your speed. This will result in buffering and lags. The reason why we need IPVANISH is that it is one of the best solutions to Fix Buffering on Kodi and Firestick alike.
- Provides Access to location-based content.
- Gives security when accessing public wifi internet connections.
- Faster streaming speeds.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Integrate Real-Debrid on Typhoon TV Guide
1. Open Typhoon TV on your Firestick.
2. Click on the hamburger menu.
3. Select Settings.
4. Click on Login to Real-Debrid.
5. Take note of the given code.
6. Open a web browser on another device and go to realdebrid.com/device.
7. Type in the code.
8. Click on Continue.
9. Wait until this confirmation appears.
10. You will the status of Real Debrid being connected.
11. Yellow-orange links are from Real-Debrid.
Integrate Trakt TV on Typhoon TV
1. Launch the Typhoon TV app on Firestick.
2. Navigate to the left and click on the hamburger button
3. Scroll down to Settings
4. Go to Login in Trakt.tv.
5. Take note of the code that will appear on your screen. 6F5854B8 is just an example.
6. On a separate device, open up a browser and go to https://trakt.tv/activate.
7. Type in the code given to you earlier. 6F5854B8 is just an example.
8. Select Continue.
9. Click on Yes.
10. There you go, Trakt.tv is now activated on the Typhoon TV App.
How to Add Media to Favorites on Typhoon TV
1. Launch the Typhoon TV app
2. Pick a show or movie you want to add. You can also search for the title of the show. Navigate to the magnifying glass icon to search.
3. For this example, we will search for the Night of the Living Dead movie. Type the name of the movie and click on Next.
4. Click on the show you like to add.
5. Highlight the star button on the upper right corner.
6. To check your library, you need to go back to the home page of the app. You can either click on the star icon on the upper right corner or click the hamburger button on the upper left part.
7. If you click on the hamburger button, scroll down to favorites.
8. You will see the Night of the Living Dead under the movie category.
9. To remove the show from your library, remove the highlight of the star icon located in the upper right corner.
How to Set MX Player as Default Player for Typhoon TV
You can choose which video player is best for your Typhoon TV app. We will show you how to set up MX Player as the default player for Typhoon TV.
Before you proceed, you have to make sure that you install MX Player on your firestick device.
1. Launch the Typhoon TV app
2. Click the hamburger button in the upper left corner.
3. Scroll down to Settings
4. Look for Choose default video player
5. Choose MX Player
6. Now you have MX Player as your default video player for Typhoon TV
Stream Movies and Shows with Subtitles on Typhoon TV
1. Launch the Typhoon TV app
2. Choose or search for a movie or show that you like to stream. For this example, we are going to use the Wonder Woman 1984 movie.
3. Click on the play button in the upper right corner.
4. Choose a link provided by the app.
5. Select Play with subtitles.
6. Chick on the subtitle link you want to use.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Pros and Cons
- An enormous content library that continues to grow
- Popular app with a lot of users supporting ad revenue
- Active developer who is regularly releasing updates
- In-app media player, means you don’t have to worry about compatibility with your own software
- No registration gives anonymity
- Compatibility with Trakt TV means you can pick up watching where you left off.
- Real-Debrid Integration ensures nothing but the best quality streaming links
- Downloading content for offline watching is becoming rarer, a great feature to have
- TV calendar is Terrarium inspired and allows you to track recent episodes of your favorite TV shows
- Bookmarks mean that you can build your own personalized content library
- Easy to navigate with smart search
- Open contributions from the community encourage the latest links to be available and working
- Great community support
- New application with traction and a huge number of downloads
- Able to see popular categories as well as popular and trending now
- No compatibility with Premiumize
- The relatively new app sometimes can flag after initial support wanes
Is Typhoon TV Safe to Use?
Typhoon TV may be new, but its wealth of community support and updates means it’s safe to use.
Just beware of copycat sites trying to take advantage of a rising star but offering you to download it from their site.
Stick to their official website or an alternative Android app provider like Aptoide or APK Time.
Is Typhoon Legal?
Yes. Just be sure to use it in conjunction with a premium VPN service like IPVANISH. Get it at 73% off by clicking this link:
Is Typhoon TV Free?
Yes, installing Typhoon TV is free and does not even require registration.
Are There Ads?
Yes, there are ads but not a massive amount.
You can use an app called Ad Guard Pro to avoid ads. Here is the tutorial:
Is There a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Typhoon TV Website?
Typhoon TV had an official website, but it was taken offline. As of now, they have an active Facebook page and Discord channel.
Always be wary of visiting copycat websites, their apk may be infected with malware. If in doubt scan with Malwarebytes first.
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Typhoon TV will work on any Android device. You can also use an Android emulator to get Typhoon TV for PC compatibility.
Is Typhoon TV for iPhone?
Unfortunately, you cannot install Typhoon TV on iPhone and other iOS devices.
iOS is a very strict platform and only allows the installation of apps that are downloadable on the Apple App Store.
How Does Typhoon TV Work?
Simply download, install Typhoon TV, and go.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has Typhoon TV Been Around?
Typhoon TV’s Facebook page and first version date from February 2019, but we suspect the app is older and has been rebranded under a new name.
Is Typhoon TV a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
There is a sole developer based in Bosnia and Herzegovina who seems very active and is cranking out the updates at the rate of once a month.
You can also find Typhoon TV Reddit Subreddits online. This will be a good platform where you can ask for other users’ opinions and perspectives regarding the app.
Is there a need for a typhoon tv password?
There is no need to have a typhoon tv password to stream the app.
If you encounter errors like “Typhoon TV No Links” or “Typhoon TV No Data”, this means two things:
- The links are already expired.
- A lot of users are already utilizing said links.
So, how do we resolve this?
The best way to resolve this is by using a premium link generator like Real-Debrid.
Real-Debrid is a file hosting program that is home to the best quality links available on the internet. You can gain access to HD links which are 720p, 1080p, and 4k.
Be sure to have at least a 10-20MBPS internet connection for a smooth viewing experience.
Note: Use our referral code http://real-debrid.com/?id=3699619 for a good incentive program. Once you get referrals, you will basically get Real-Debrid for free.
How to Integrate Real-Debrid on Typhoon TV Guide
- Launch Typhoon TV on your device.
- Click on the hamburger menu that is located in the upper left corner of the home screen.
- Choose Settings
- Click on Login to Real-Debrid
- Write down or memorize the given code.
- On another device’s browser, type in https://real-debrid.com/device
- Input the code given earlier and select Continue
- Wait for a few seconds for the confirmation.
- There you go, Real-Debrid is fully integrated on Typhoon TV.
Note: Real-Debrid links are colored differently compared to the regular links.
Pro Tip: To know more about Real-Debrid, please read our Real-Debrid Review.
Typhoon TV Alternative/Replacement Apps
If your Typhoon TV has no links available, You might want to check out these Typhoon TV Replacements or Alternatives.
ReviewVPN.com does not host any of these files. They are hosted on Archive.org.
Typhoon TV is showing some really impressive functionality and usability, one to watch for the future and a definite backup.
There are lots to get excited about downloading offline content and a wealth of community support in the early stages of release for an application is always a good sign as it keeps the developer motivated.
If the updates keep rolling out it will be trading blows with Zion TV and Cyberflix soon.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.
You may also like: