Is it Any Good?
Typhoon TV is one of the newer Android TV applications on the block but has attracted a wealth of attention for its great features, slick interface and wide adoption. The app itself has been downloaded over 10 million times which is impressive considering it only came around at the start of 2019. Though we have noticed a strong of copycat websites alleging their applications have been downloaded millions of times so we will take that with a big pinch of salt. But Typhoon does legitimately look exciting.
With an engaged developer and impressive functionality Typhoon Tv is a great addition to anyone’s library.
What Does it Do?
Typhoon TV has custom scrapers which run a script daily to harvest the best links online for you to watch your favorite media.
Typhoon TV also excepts recommended links by form and allows you to download content and watch offline
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Typhoon TV works on all Android based devices
- Clean and easy to use UI
- Streams available in multiple quality types including HD, Full HD and 4K
- Multiple languages supported with open subtitles
- No registration required
- Ability to sort titles using multiple options
- Mark episodes as watches
- Compatible with most mainstream external media players including MX and VLC
- Download content and watch offline
- Live TV Calendar
- Fast Servers for big files
- Wide selection of genres
- Supports Chrome Cast
- Supports Real Debrian and Trak.tv
- Bookmark favorites
- Chromecast support
- Built in video player in case your external media player is not supported
Pros and Cons
- Enormous content library which continues to grow
- Popular app with a lot of users supporting ad revenue
- Active developer who is regularly releasing updates
- In app media player, means you don’t have to worry about compatibility with your own software
- No registration gives anonymity
- Compatibility with Trak and Real Debrian, means you can pick up watching where you left off as well as access high speed downloads
- Downloading content for offline watching is becoming rarer, great feature to have
- TV calendar is Terrarium inspired and allows you to track recent episodes of your favorite TV shows
- Bookmarks means that you can build your own personalized content library
- Easy to navigate with smart search
- Open contributions from the community encourage the latest links being available and working
- Great community support
- New application with traction and a huge number of downloads
- Able to see popular categories as well as popular and trending now
- No compatibility with Premiumize
- Relatively new app sometimes can flag after initial support wanes
We do not host Typhoon TV, but for convenience, we’ve added the download link provided by the official Facebook page. Note, the file will be an apk. This means it can only run on firesticks and Android devices. You can however, use an Android emulator, like Bluestacks, to run it on a Windows machine.
Is it Safe to Use?
Typhoon TV may be new, but it’s wealth of community support and updates means it’s safe to use. Just beware of copycat sites trying to take advantage of a rising star but offering you to download it from their site. Stick to their official website or an alternative Android app provider like Aptoide or APK Time.
Is it Legal or Grey?
It’s a grey area, but we’d say Typhoon TV is leaning on the side of not so legal. Many apps have prevented users from downloading content as it makes them complicit in the distribution of pirated material, but Typhoon TV have included it as a popular feature.
Also, the higher number of users and the more mainstream it becomes the greater the scrutiny it will receive from copyright enforcers.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We always recommend that you use any Android streaming application with a VPN, otherwise the chances are that some or all of the links may not work.
Is it Free?
Yes, Typhoon TV is free and down not even require a registration.
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, there are ads but not a massive amount.
Is There a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Website?
Typhoon TV had an official website, but it was taken offline. As of now, they have an active Facebook page and Discord channel.
Always be wary of visiting copycat websites, their apk may be infected with malware. If in doubt scan with Malwarebytes first.
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Typhoon TV will work on any Android devices. You can also use an Android emulator to get it to work on.
How Does the App Work?
Simply download, install and go.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Typhoon TV’s Facebook page and first version dates from February 2019, but we suspect the app is older and has been rebranded under a new name.
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
There is a sole developer based in Bosnia and Herzegovina who seems very active and is cranking out the updates at the rate of once a month
Typhoon TV is great and luckily there are some really popular stable alternatives out there as well:
- TV Zion
- Cinema HD
- Unlock my TV
Typhoon TV is showing some really impressive functionality and usability, one to watch for the future and a definite back up.
There is lots to get excited about with downloading offline content and a wealth of community support in the early stages of release for an application is always a good sign as it keeps the developer motivated.
If the updates keep rolling out it will be trading blows with Zion TV and Cyberflix soon.