Tubi TV Kodi Addon
Tubi TV is a free and legal Kodi addon that comes from a reputable US company. Tubi was started in 2014 and has gained traction by offering over 50,000 titles completely for free. The catch is you need to watch the adverts. So, it’s basically like TV used to be before the internet. Expect adverts about every 15 minutes for TV shows and 30 minutes for movies. Though it varies based upon the popularity of the title.
Tubi offers titles from the major American TV networks and is run by several former senior executives in the industry.
Tubi TV claims to have the second-highest amount of content behind only Netflix, but you can guess that what your watching isn’t going to be that recent. But it provides a good solution for people who want to watch TV for free and legally and get a wider selection of content than they may currently get with their Cable or TV provider.
As of June 2019, Tubi TV has over 20 million subscribers, mostly based in the US. Tubi is also available via a web browser, but we recommend using the Kodi add-on to those based in Europe, as Tubi isn’t available due to GDPR restrictions.
Here are the 3 most common errors you might encounter with Tubi TV:
- Could not connect to URL/Download: Tubi TV unlike many of our other Kodi add ons is run by a full-fledged professional team of developers. So, if the problem arises with you being unable to download the add on, check the URL, and the source. If all seems fine, then look for Tubi forums and see if you can find an alternative link which there should be plenty of. If the problem, persist read more fixes guide linked above.
- Source not working/slow/frozen: Again, Tubi TV’s sources will all come from legal and paid for high-speed servers. If you are having problems with the link, then the error most likely lies with you. Check your internet connection and speed is over 10mbps, also you may need to use a VPN if you are trying to watch the content from outside the US. Check here for the best VPN deal. Tubi only works in the US so you may need to access a US-based server. If the problem continues read fix guides linked above.
- Kodi check log error: Kodi caches any media that you watch, and this is the most likely cause of your check log error. Clear the cache yourself or read how to in our guide linked above.
Tubi TV is an innovative business and is like Pluto TV, but Pluto does not have the width and breadth of content as Tubi. It is a great source of movies and TV shows particularly older titles.
A solid add on if you can suffer the adverts. Tubi TV also hosts a lot of original content that you cannot find anywhere else due to the exclusivity deals they have signed. So, a good add-on to have in your library to give you access to the widest range of titles.
Tubi TV has the following categories:
- Most Popular
- New Arrivals
- Family Movies
- TV Dramas
- Reality TV
- Kids Shows
- Black Cinema
- Comic-Con HQ on Tubi
- Cult Favourites
- Fan Favourites
- Foreign Favourites
- Indie Films
- Highly Rated on Rotten Tomatoes
- Martial Arts
- Special Interest
- Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Stand Up Comedy
- TV Comedies
- Crime TV
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How to Install Tubi TV Addon on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: https://addons.kodibg.org
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Tubi TV (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Tubi TV (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repo.bg.plugins.zip.
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Bg Add-ons
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Tubi TV again.
23. Click on Install.
24. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Tubi TV has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
25. Click on Open to start the Tubi TV add-on.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”.
3. You can either say “IPVanish” to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the “IPVanish” icon.
5. Click on “Download”.
6. Wait to “Download”.
7. Wait to “Install”.
8. Click on “Open”.
9. Input your username and password to “Log In”.
10. Click “Connect”.