Tempest Kodi Addon
Tempest is a popular Kodi add on, a fork of the original Covenant. Tempest remains popular because many ex-Covenant users now use Tempest instead as the usability and layout is almost identical.
Also, the Tempest developer keeps the add on updated, whereas Covenant has fallen into disuse.
Tempest is compatible with both Real Debrid and Trakt.TV and has a good track record of returning multiple working streams for a wide range of content and getting 1080p /HD streams as well.
You can pay for Real Debrid and get premium working links from their 50+ paid servers and use Trakt.TV to keep an eye on your watched shows and keep on track.
All Kodi add ons are susceptible to errors, particularly when it comes to streaming and caching media, here you can find out how to fix the most common errors you might get with Tempest:
- Olpair streaming errors. Any add on that streams content will occasionally get Olpair streaming errors. This can normally be remedied by getting a new key for 4 hours, for this and more fixes, and if you still have problems check out our error fixing guide.
- Unable to download the add on from the source provided. Some add on sources if popular may be blocked by your ISP. If you are unable to download Tempest, we recommend using a VPN or going through these further fixes. Check here for the best VPN deal.
- No stream available. Its always maddening spending hours looking for the right title, and then getting no stream. But this could be down to several factors including your internet connection. Not necessarily because there is no stream. To fix, find out some more in the guide linked above.
- A script error. Sometimes you may install an add on and run into a script error. Generally, if you have input the add on URL properly then the problem will be with your Kodi installation. Somewhere along the line, it may have gotten corrupted. So, a fresh install might be in order, amongst one of the many fixes you can find and check our step by step fix guide here.
- A web request error. Always check the download URL, and make sure you are using a VPN. Also, the server may be busy processing too many requests. For more fixes, try some more in the guide linked above.
Tempest is a tidy add on, with all the functionality you would expect from Covenant. When you get into the add on you have several menu choices:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- New Movies
- New Episodes
There are a few things we love about this.
First, you can favorite and save movies and tv shows in separate sections to come back and watch them later. Always good when you are in browsing mode and your eyes are bigger than the amount of time you have.
Second, having a changelog is always positive. Many add on rarely update and don’t keep a changelog which can be frustrating. Because if you log on and something doesn’t work with the add on then you can refer to the changelog and probably flag a problem with the developer. Also, a changelog means an intent to keep updated.
Lastly, new episodes and new movies mean new content is always getting added. Tempest has managed to stay popular because it has multiple working scrapers, which have a good track record of serving up working links. Also connecting to content is quick and seamless.
Tempest works well with both Trak and Real Debrid. We recommend using Real Debrid if you consistently want to find working high-quality links.
How to Install Tempest on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: https://tempest0580.github.io/
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Tempest (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Tempest (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.tempest-1.0.5zip
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Tempest Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Tempest again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Tempest has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Tempest add-on.