Tempest Kodi Addon
In this article, we will help you install Tempest Kodi Addon on Firestick.
Tempest is a popular Kodi addon, a fork of the original Covenant. Tempest remains popular because many ex-Covenant users now use Tempest instead as the usability and layout is almost identical.
Also, the Tempest developer keeps the addon updated, whereas Covenant has fallen into disuse.
Tempest is compatible with both Real Debrid and Trakt.TV and has a good track record of returning multiple working streams for a wide range of content and getting 1080p /HD streams as well.
You can pay for Real Debrid and get premium working links from their 50+ paid servers and use Trakt.TV to keep an eye on your watched shows and keep on track.
All Kodi add ons are susceptible to errors, particularly when it comes to streaming and caching media, here you can find out how to fix the most common errors you might get with Tempest:
- Olpair streaming errors. Any addon that streams content will occasionally get Olpair streaming errors. This can normally be remedied by getting a new key for 4 hours, for this and more fixes, and if you still have problems check out our error fixing guide.
- Unable to download the addon from the source provided. Some addon sources if popular may be blocked by your ISP. If you are unable to download Tempest, we recommend using a VPN or going through these further fixes.
- No stream available. It’s always maddening spending hours looking for the right title, and then getting no stream. But this could be down to several factors including your internet connection. Not necessarily because there is no stream. To fix it, find out some more in the guide linked above.
- A script error. Sometimes you may install an addon and run into a script error. Generally, if you have input the addon URL properly then the problem will be with your Kodi installation. Somewhere along the line, it may have gotten corrupted. So, a fresh install might be in order, amongst one of the many fixes you can find, and check our step-by-step fix guide here.
- A web request error. Always check the download URL, and make sure you are using a VPN. Also, the server may be busy processing too many requests. For more fixes, try some more in the guide linked above.
Tempest is a tidy addon, with all the functionality you would expect from Covenant. When you get into the addon you have several menu choices:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- New Movies
- New Episodes
There are a few things we love about this.
First, you can favorite and save movies and tv shows in separate sections to come back and watch them later. Always good when you are in browsing mode and your eyes are bigger than the amount of time you have.
Second, having a changelog is always positive. Many add on rarely update and don’t keep a changelog which can be frustrating. Because if you log on and something doesn’t work with the addon then you can refer to the changelog and probably flag a problem with the developer. Also, a changelog means an intent to keep updated.
Lastly, new episodes and new movies mean new content is always getting added. Tempest has managed to stay popular because it has multiple working scrapers, which have a good track record of serving up working links. Also connecting to content is quick and seamless.
Tempest works well with both Trak and Real Debrid. We recommend using Real Debrid if you consistently want to find working high-quality links.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
How to Install Tempest Addon on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: https://tempest0580.github.io/
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Tempest (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Tempest (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.tempest-1.0.5zip
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Tempest Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Tempest again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Tempest has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Tempest add-on.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We recommend you use a VPN for the following reasons:
- Many of the addons you will access in Streamline will direct you to links for illegally distributed content. Without a VPN you may find many of these links do not work because your ISP is blocking your access
- If you try to access Live TV Channels in other countries through Streamline your access may also be blocked. This is because these channels can detect your IP is not in that country and will block you from accessing their channels.
- Using a VPN, you can encrypt your requests, change your IP, and also the location where your IP originates from. Thus, allowing you to circumvent any blocks or firewalls in place to do your accessing most restricted content
- A VPN also helps you maintain anonymity, safety, and privacy online from unwanted third parties.
Note: For more information about Surfshark, please read our Surfshark Review.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.