Important Note – This app is no longer in development.
Consider – Cyberflix, TVZion, and BeeTV
Is it any Good?
On the face of it, Solex TV looks pretty good and was pegged as a replacement for Morpheus TV. Offering over 1,000 Live TV channels, as well as the ability to request content which is refreshingly different from many of the applications out there.
However, a closer inspection of the review on APK Time reveals a possible dark secret: https://apktime.com/how-to-install-solex-tv-apk-on-android
A number of users discuss a screenshot of the developer admitting to tracking user’s locations, while others have had problems with malware injected into their device after using Solex TV.
By all accounts, there are rival opinions and some people have had a good experience with the application, but it’s enough to make us nervous.
Also, a number of reports that many of the channels aren’t working, which wouldn’t surprise us. Solex TV wouldn’t be the first application that promised “thousands of free channels” only for their users to find that many of them didn’t even work.
What Does it Do?
Solex TV uses web scrapers to trawl the internet and find working links that people have posted online. These links are then combined with web art to allow users to trawl through hundreds of channels, as well as older content and find a link that works.
Solex TV does not store any content on their servers, they are simply a library of links for users to access.
What Platforms Does it Work on?
Solex Tv works on Android only
- 100+ Live TV Channels
- Streams from Pluto TV
- Countries covered include France, US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Brazil
- Request content from the developer
- Comedy TV
- 24/7 Live TV Channels like mainstream news channels
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How to Install Solex TV
Solex TV doesn’t have a working website, but you can get it from APK time, which is a trusted site, and also a great application to download, containing over a hundred TV streaming and other applications within.
Before you download Solex TV, you must make sure that your Android device can accept applications from an unknown source. You can do this on most devices by going to:
Setting> General> Security and then turning on Unknown Source
If these instructions differ to your device, then use Google for “Device + switch on unknown sources”
Then navigate to: https://apktime.com/how-to-install-solex-tv-apk-on-android in your browser and download the app.
Is it Safe to Use?
That is questionable, a user from APK time flagged up a link from Virus Total which detected a Trojan-Dropper within the application.
Now, this could simply be adware of something more malicious.
Other users reported running the same tests and getting a clean sweep for the Ad-Aware Trojan Virus.
There have also been whispers that the application may use devices when they are inactive to mine for cryptocurrency, which is a pretty common stunt for some applications. You can always detect the presence of Malware or unsolicited use of hardware if your device seems abnormally hot when you pick it up and start to use it.
We recommend caution and scanning Solex with Malwarebytes prior to use just to be safe.
Is it Legal or Grey?
It’s a grey area. For example, Solex TV does a lot of streaming from Pluto TV, a free and legal application that streams niche TV channels and earns money from ad revenue. Now piggybacking off their streams certainly wouldn’t be legal.
Neither would the rest of their content. For safety and certainty, we recommend that you use a VPN with Solex TV.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We recommend that you use Solex TV with a VPN for a number of reasons:
- Whether the stories about the developers tracking users’ locations is true or not, a VPN can help put your mind at ease. Using your VPN’s servers, you can obscure your location by changing your IP address. This could mean showing you in a different city, or even in another country.
- Accessing content that may be illegal means that your Internet Service Provider will be hot on your trail. As your provider, they register every single IP address you visit. If enough of those start coming up with illegal content, then they may throttle your connection, block URL’s and even blacklist you
- Using 256-bit AES encryption a VPN can help keep you safe, anonymous and untraceable online. Using the same algorithms used by the US military. Meaning you can avoid anyone tracking or blocking you. Even your ISP.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Is it Free?
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, there are ads served within the application
Is There a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Website?
No, you can find download links here: https://apktime.com/how-to-install-solex-tv-apk-on-android
What Other Devices Does it Work on?
Solex TV only works on Android devices, for other Operating Systems you can find an emulator.
How Does The App Work?
Download, install and go. Simple and easy to use.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Best guess is that Solex TV is pretty new, maybe 6 months old, but certainly started in 2019
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is The Development Team Like?
No idea, there is one comment from the developer on APK time and a screenshot of a Disqus talk, but apart from that, there isn’t much to go on.
There are quite a few batter alternatives and we would recommend you try all of them, before Solex TV.
For general movies and TV shows, our vote goes to TV Zion, Cyberflix, Bee TV and Tea TV.
For Live TV try Mobro, Red Box, Movies HD, and Live Net TV.
Avoid Solex TV. Any stories we see about application tracking users, or potentially using offline hardware for crypto mining is a big no-no.
You could be skeptical and say it’s a rival developer, but the Disqus chats speak for themselves. There are plenty of better applications out there, without any worrying rumors hanging over their head.