In this article, we are going to show you how to install the Slamious build on Kodi. We’ve included step by step screenshots, a link to the APK file if you are on a Firestick or Android device, videos, and links to contact the devs for even more help.
Slamious is one of the best Kodi builds out right now. It works perfectly on a Firestick / Fire TV. It also works great an Android, Mac, Xbox, Nvidia Shield, etc. Many critics agree that Slamious is the best builds because it balances size and a great UI with a good number and selection of addons.
Slamious comes with over 40 addons and yet only registers at 246 MB which still makes it a great choice for an Amazon Firestick. You even get two themes to choose from with Slamious. The Menu is clean and easy to use, and you can easily navigate titles in each section as well as add-ons.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
From all the features, it’s easy to see why people stick with Slamious and vote for it consistently as one of the best Kodi builds.
What is Kodi?
Kodi first started in 2002 as a homebrew project to allow Xbox users to have media play on the original Xbox, from there the project grew and has turned into one of the biggest free and legal open-source media players in the world.
Kodi is now on its 18th major update and has been downloaded over 50 million times. Run and maintained by a core of developers who work for the XMBC Foundation, Kodi has increased in popularity due to its great functionality, many different settings and configurations, 10-foot user interface and thousands of official and unofficial add-ons.
What is a Build?
A build is a custom installation of Kodi with skin(s) and addons already preconfigured. Kodi is quite complicated to use and navigate as a new user. Installing a build is a bit of a cheat code, allowing even novice users to have an expert setup. Plus adding in all the addons that you will need without having to install them one by one.
- Light build coming in at less than 250MB
- A lot of best in class add-ons with over 40 to choose from
- Easy and intuitive user interface
- From the One Nation Portal so has a quality pedigree
- Good likelihood of staying active and updated
- One of the best One nation builds
- Tv Shows
- Live TV
Slamious Build comes with 43 addons some of those included are:
- Sports Devil
- The Magic Dragon
- Exodus Redux
- 13 Clowns (Now IT)
- Rising Tides
- Nole Cinema
- Maverick TV
- cCloud TV
- Monster Munch
- Replay Me
How to Install Slamious on Kodi
Slamious is available as part of at least 3 different repos / wizards:
- Slamious Repo – http://slamiousbuilds.com/repo
- Xanax (Xanax builds & Slamious) – http://xanaxrepo.com/repo
- One Nation (40+ builds) – http://www.onenation.info/Portal/
As an added bonus, the devs have created an APK file with the build wizard integrated in it. APK files allow you to run two versions of Kodi at the same time on your Firestick, Android device, Nvidia shield, etc. We don’t host any of these files, but here is a link to download the Slamious APK file. It is currently at Kodi 18.4 Leia. You can also find the most updated version of the Slamious and Xanax APK files using filelinked code: 45691709.
Get up and running with Slamious using these simple steps:
- Start on the Kodi home screen
- Click settings
- Go to System and then make sure that “Unknown Sources” is turned on so that you can install Slamious
- Go back one screen and click File Manager
- Click on “Add Source” and click the drop-down bar and select “Add None”
- A new screen will pop up with a URL bar, enter in the following: http://slamiousbuilds.com/repo
- Name the file Slamious
- Return to Setting and click Addons
- Click install from the zip file and then select the Slamious Wizard
- A message will pop up in the top right-hand corner of the screen saying “Slamious – Add on installed
- Accept all the setting in the pop-up menu and go to Build Menu
- Click Addons and then Program Addons
- Click Builds and then scroll down until you find Slamious
- Allow a fresh install and select your preference of the four theme options
- Do a force close and once Kodi restarts you are good to go
Video on How to Install the Slamious Kodi Build on All Devices
Click pop-out in the upper right corner if you would like the video to be larger.
Video on How to Install the Slamious Kodi Build on Firestick and Android from APK File
Screenshots on How to Install the Slamious Kodi Build
- Select the cogwheel in the upper left corner
2. Select System on the bottom left
3. Hover over or select Add-ons on the left.
4. Select Unknown sources to enable
5. Click Yes to enable third-party addons
6. Click on File manager
7. Click on Add source
8. Click on None to add the URL path source
9. Type the URL exactly as http://slamiousbuilds.com/repo (remember you can also get this from the Xanax and One Nation repositories)
10. Click on OK
11. Click on the box under Enter a name for this media source
12. Name the source Slamious (the name can actually be anything you want. you just need to remember what you named it.)
13. Click OK
14. Click OK again
15. Take one step back to the System screen
16. Click on Add-ons
17. Click on Install from zip file
18. Click on Slamious (or whatever you named the source)
19. Click on the wizard folder
20. Click on SlamiousWizard.zip
21. Wait until you see a popup in the upper right saying Slamious has installed. It might take up to a couple of minutes.
22. Click dismiss on the popup
23. Click on (Slamious Wizard) Builds
24. Select one of the Slamious servers. It is currently labeled [18.2] Slamious 18 (v5.21)
25. Select (Slamious Wizard) Fresh Install
26. Click Continue
27. Wait for the download to finish
28. Wait for all the files to install while keeping an eye out for any errors upon installation
29. Click on install theme
30. Click on your preferred theme
31. Click on Force Close
32. When you re-open Kodi. Leave it alone for about 5 minutes to give all the addons a chance to update. This is when the movie and TV show images will start to populate.
Is it Safe to Use?
The Slamious developers are obviously well connected in the Kodi community. Otherwise, their build wouldn’t be connected to One Nation and Xanax. You are in safe hands.
Is it Legal or Grey?
It’s a grey area but not by much. You may find that many of the links are blocked by your Internet Service Provider if you don’t use a VPN
Should I Use Kodi With a VPN?
We recommend you use a VPN for a number of reasons:
- Using a VPN will prevent your ISP from blocking you from accessing content, including links to content through add-ons. A VPN encrypts all of your traffic meaning all your ISP can see is your request disappearing into a VPN DNS and then reappearing
- You can also change your IP as well as your physical location using a VPN, meaning you can access geo-restricted content and put an extra level of safety on your identity
- Using a VPN allows you to remain safe and anonymous online, whatever you do and rely on a solid zero logs policy of a Tier 1 provider like IPVanish
Is it Free?
When Was It Released?
Slamious has been out since 2017. It is one of the most consistently updated builds available.
Slamious really is a great build at a good size, if you get tired of Slamious you can always try one of the other builds within the pack like Mega nation or Xtasy D. Honestly there are all good builds.
Otherwise, some other great builds are:
- Misfit Mod Lite
- No Limits Magic
- Blue Magic
If you really get stuck then just search through Google to find the latest hottest builds and best-of lists.
We totally agree with the critics who say that Slamious is one of the best One nation Portal Builds. All of their builds are great, but Slamious really does have it all.
Every one of their 43 addons has been hand-picked by someone who really knows their stuff. The menu is colorful and easy to use, but not too gaudy with some awful wallpaper.
Slamious delivers and you aren’t going to find many better builds at that package size.
Additional Slamious Resources
If you are having trouble with the build, check out these additional resources.
The dev is also active on Twitter using @Slamious