Seren Kodi Addon
This article will show you how to install Seren Kodi Addon on Firestick & Fire TV.
Seren is a Kodi Addon from the Nixgate Repository that allows you to watch movies and TV shows. It is one of the most anticipated add-ons for Kodi and has quickly become one of the most popular. Anyone, even newbie Kodi users, may simply become familiar with it due to its simple interface and ease of use.
It contains the most popular, trending, and latest movies and episodes, making it one of the best Kodi add-ons available today.
Moreover, Seren does not disappoint because it is regularly coded and is always available even when Kodi continues upgrading its version. This means that it offers features and flexibility that are unique to it.
So without further ado, let’s get Seren up and running in minutes using our simple step-by-step guide. We recommend you have a VPN enabled if you want to use all the features Seren has to offer. Your Internet Service Provider may block some or all of them if you try to use them with an unencrypted connection.
Install Seren Kodi Addon (Video Guide)
How to Install Seren Kodi Addon
- Start on the Kodi home screen
- Click on settings (top left-hand corner gear icon)
- Click System
- Turn on Unknown sources so that your Kodi application can use sources outside of their official repository
- Go back to the previous screen and click File Manager
- Click add source and then “Add None”
- In the “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” URL bar that comes up type in: https://nixgates.github.io/packages (If this URL does not work, copy and paste it into Google Search with “+ working URL”)
- Name the source Seren
- Click OK, Seren will now be added to your Kodi file manager
- Click add-ons and install frothe m zip file. Seren needs to be unzipped before being installed
- Select your Seren file and wait for it to unzip
- Now you can install Seren from the Seren Repositor
- Click Video Add-ons and then install, also click install for additional add ons
- Go back to the home screen and Seren should be installed and ready to go
How to Install Seren Kodi Addon with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: https://nixgates.github.io/packages
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Seren (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Seren (or however you named the source).
18. Click on nixgates.repository.zip
19. Selecn Install from repository.
20. Click on Nixgates Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Seren again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Seren has been s installed. There will be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Seren add-on.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
- Menus and scrapers are very fast and highly responsive
- As a user, you can build, add or subtract your scrape lists giving a new level of customization
- Compatible with Real Debrid and Premiumize so you can access high-quality links
- Compatible with Trakt.tv
- Cache torrents
- Download offline
- Automatic caching for Premiumize users, meaning you can play straight from the Cloud without delay
- Next up
- Shuffle Play
- A lot of very similar Netflix-like capabilities but delivered to a higher standard than most other add ons
Pros & Cons
- Allows for Trakt integration
- The user interface is simple.
- You can delete the cache, local torrent cache, and search history.
- No free content is available.
- There are only a few categories.
Is it Safe to Use?
Seren comes from Nixgate a trusted developer and is safe to use. Your biggest threat will come from trying to download the file from an unofficial repository. Always check the URL before downloading and then installing a file.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Seren operates in a grey area, though it does not distribute illegal copyrighted content it acts as a content library. Linking up users and providers. For that reason, we always recommend that you use a VPN.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
Always use Seren with a VPN. Without it, the addon may not work. Also, you leave yourself open to being tracked by your ISP, having your traffic logged, and potentially more serious consequences if you are a heavy user. Better to be safe than sorry.
Moreover, here are some of the advantages of using Surfshark:
- Enables you to get around geo-restrictions and censorship.
- It safeguards an unlimited number of devices.
- Allows you to stream with a limitless amount of bandwidth.
- It has a Cleanweb function that prevents advertisements, viruses, and cookie consents.
- Ensures zero logs and no IP address leaks
- Enables anonymous streaming on any online platform.
Note: For more information about Surfshark, please read our Surfshark Review.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate toward the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Is it Free?
When Was It Released?
Seren was released in 2018 by the highly respected Nixgate development team, who had great success with the Covenant fork they named Incursion. Seren is their in-house coded improvement to Incursion
What is Kodi?
Kodi has been around since 2002 and has been adopted by millions of users around the world, becoming one of the most widely used open-source, free, and legal media players around.
Kodi remains popular first and foremost because no other media player has such a wide and extensive library of add-ons. Numbering in the thousands these add-ons give access to most of the media known to man, and mostly for free.
In addition, Kodi can play almost any media format and has a 10-foot user interface that allows you to scale any Android application to be seen and used on your Tv using the remote provided with your Android Tv device.
What is an Add On?
An add-on provides extended functionality. Think of Kodi as a media player, a Swiss army knife. An add-on gives you an added tool. To access a certain type of media or give additional support in the form of web scrapers coded to scrape particular websites and find new sources of media.
Though Seren may deliver everything you could want in an add-on, it always pays to have multiple downloaded that may appear to serve the same function. This speaks to the nature of add-ons and what they do. Due to the content users can watch on them, they have a habit of going down, being blocked, becoming unstable, or being abandoned.
Here are a few alternatives we recommend you keep:
Don’t forget to stay on top of new add-ons by regularly checking Google and looking for “best Kodi add ons” new ones pop up every month and a few sticks.
Seren is impressive with its functionality, sleek interface, and also improved compatibility with Real Debrid and Premiumize.
By coding the add-on from the ground up rather than forking someone else’s project they have created a better product that they can modify quickly and easily.
The add-on removes a lot of the bloat that you find in other addons and a fresh code base gives the developers the unlimited potential to expand the add-on based on new features that may become available in the coming years.
Seren is a keeper.