Rising Tides Kodi Addon
Rising Tides used to a great live TV add on, giving you a great range of sports, Live TV and other sundry channels.
Recently the add on has been abandoned by the developer, so we wait in hope of someone resurrecting it.
When it works it’s a great add on with a good range of channels and streams, as well as some great scraping sources. Used to be a particularly good source for Pay per View matches.
There are a couple of common errors you would come across with Rising Tides or any Live TV Kodi add on:
- Stream not working/ Not available. You are going to get channels and streams that just don’t work. But don’t instantly write off the stream. First, give it a refresh and allow the server a full 10 seconds to make a connection before trying another source. Also, try to always use Kodi with a VPN which can help you circumvent your ISP blocking your connection and can also be used to change the country to see if you are being Geo-IP blocked from accessing the content. Check here for the best VPN deal. If none of that works, then read our fix guide linked above.
- Could not Download/ Web URL failure. With Rising Tides, this might just be because the add on is down. There have been persistent reports on Reddit and other review boards that Rising Tides is down. A sure-fire way to check the URL is to copy and paste it into an internet browser. If the link doesn’t work in the browser then the repository is down. For more fixes check out our guide linked above.
- Kodi error check log. A common error you will get the longer you use Kodi. All the media that you stream is cached so that it can load faster the next time you access it. This fills up your storage space, which may happen quite quickly if you stream a lot and use a low storage device like an Amazon Firestick. To find out how to clear your cache and fix other problems in your error log read our fix guide linked above.
Rising Tides used to be a great add on but recently has had numerous reports about being down and inaccessible.
Though there seems to be intermittent connectivity it looks like the developer had abandoned this project for pastures new, we can only hope a plucky young developer will take up the challenge and come and update what was once a brilliant add on.
If you want a great selection of Live Sports channels, then we suggest you check out Sports Devil or Mobdro. Most of the working links in Rising Tides probably comes from Sports Devil. The 5-year-old king of sports addons for Kodi.
Alternatively, if you really want the best selection of Live TV, sports or country-specific then we suggest a paid service like Set TV, Player’s Klub or Helix IPTV. It’s going to cost you $7 a month or more, but you are going to get access to a minimum of 3,000+ quality live channels in HD, with daily updated programming and little downtime. As ever if you want the best, then it’s worth paying the money.
Categories you can access from the menu include:
- Football highlights
- Sports Channels
- Ace streams Live Events
- Live Football
- Live PPV Events
- Extra Live Content
- IPTV Heaven
- Country Channels
- Test Area
Rising Tides gathers streams from the following sources:
- Rising Tides (One od the sources includes Ace streams which give you great access to live sporting events and PPV matches)
- Replay Me
- Live Stream pro
- Sports Devil (It’s recommended you have Sports Devil installed to get access to all their 40+ streams)
How to Install Rising Tides on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: http://mullafabz.xyz/Repository/
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Rising Tides (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Rising Tides (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.Rising.Tides-1.0.zip.
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Rising Tides Repo
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Rising Tides again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Rising Tides has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Rising Tides add-on.