Rising Tides Kodi Addon
Rising Tides Kodi Addon used to a great live TV add on, giving you a great range of sports, Live TV and other sundry channels.
Recently the add on has been abandoned by the developer, so we wait in hope of someone resurrecting it.
When it works it’s a great add on with a good range of channels and streams, as well as some great scraping sources. Used to be a particularly good source for Pay per View matches.
There are a couple of common errors you would come across with Rising Tides or any Live TV Kodi add on:
- Stream not working/ Not available. You are going to get channels and streams that just don’t work. But don’t instantly write off the stream. First, give it a refresh and allow the server a full 10 seconds to make a connection before trying another source. Also, try to always use Kodi with a VPN which can help you circumvent your ISP blocking your connection and can also be used to change the country to see if you are being Geo-IP blocked from accessing the content. Check here for the best VPN deal. If none of that works, then read our fix guide linked above.
- Could not Download/ Web URL failure. With Rising Tides, this might just be because the add on is down. There have been persistent reports on Reddit and other review boards that Rising Tides is down. A sure-fire way to check the URL is to copy and paste it into an internet browser. If the link doesn’t work in the browser then the repository is down. For more fixes check out our guide linked above.
- Kodi error check log. A common error you will get the longer you use Kodi. All the media that you stream is cached so that it can load faster the next time you access it. This fills up your storage space, which may happen quite quickly if you stream a lot and use a low storage device like an Amazon Firestick. To find out how to clear your cache and fix other problems in your error log read our fix guide linked above.
Rising Tides used to be a great add on but recently has had numerous reports about being down and inaccessible.
Though there seems to be intermittent connectivity it looks like the developer had abandoned this project for pastures new, we can only hope a plucky young developer will take up the challenge and come and update what was once a brilliant add on.
If you want a great selection of Live Sports channels, then we suggest you check out Sports Devil or Mobdro. Most of the working links in Rising Tides probably comes from Sports Devil. The 5-year-old king of sports addons for Kodi.
Alternatively, if you really want the best selection of Live TV, sports or country-specific then we suggest a paid service like Set TV, Player’s Klub or Helix IPTV. It’s going to cost you $7 a month or more, but you are going to get access to a minimum of 3,000+ quality live channels in HD, with daily updated programming and little downtime. As ever if you want the best, then it’s worth paying the money.
Categories you can access from the menu include:
- Football highlights
- Sports Channels
- Ace streams Live Events
- Live Football
- Live PPV Events
- Extra Live Content
- IPTV Heaven
- Country Channels
- Test Area
Rising Tides gathers streams from the following sources:
- Rising Tides (One od the sources includes Ace streams which give you great access to live sporting events and PPV matches)
- Replay Me
- Live Stream pro
- Sports Devil (It’s recommended you have Sports Devil installed to get access to all their 40+ streams)
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
How to Install Rising Tides Addon on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: http://mullafabz.xyz/Repository/
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Rising Tides (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Rising Tides (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.Rising.Tides-1.0.zip.
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Rising Tides Repo
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Rising Tides again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Rising Tides has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Rising Tides add-on.
Why Should You Use A VPN On Your Fire Stick?
If you are dealing with geo-restrictions trying to stream the entertainment content on your Fire Stick, a Virtual Private Network or VPN is the best solution. Even though the Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick have built-in Virtual Private Network services, you can still acquire all of the Surfshark service’s advantages. The Surfshark service will encrypt the internet traffic of your Fire Stick and hide your location to go around geo-restrictions. Thus, you can easily stream your favorite videos, movies, and TV shows on your Fire Stick even if the content isn’t available in your region, regardless of where you are.
Best VPN Deal
The first thing a VPN service asks for is a username and a password. Surfshark is a premium service but it has an exclusive discount that offers 83% OFF. To obtain the user name & password and avail of the huge discount, type https://reviewvpn.com/deal into any browser.
Note: For more information about Surfshark, please read our Surfshark Review.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.