Puffin TV Web Browser: Firestick Install
The internet has been a part of our daily lives and plays a vital role in businesses, education, and many more. One of the essential things that people need to utilize the internet is a web browser. People use it to communicate, make business transactions, school work and research, watch movies and TV shows, read books, shop, and many more. To fully maximize the internet, people need a reliable browser that will make actions faster. In this article, we will be introducing to you one of the best web browsers out there, Puffin Web Browser.
Is Puffin TV Any Good?
Puffin is a very reliable web browser. You will see the difference when you use it compared to a regular browser most especially if you connect it to your mobile data.
The biggest difference with Puffin is that it also has the ability to download. The crappy part is that this ability was removed at the start of the year. For this reason, we will cover both how to install the version of Puffin TV that allows downloads and the latest version. Please note that you could be putting your device at greater risk for the virus if you use the outdated version with download capabilities. This risk is likely small now, but it will grow over time.
We always recommend using an antivirus on your Firestick.
Fastest Steps to Install Puffin TV on a Firestick
- On the Home Screen, go to Settings.
- Scroll down and to the right until you reach My Fire TV.
- Click on Developer Options
- Turn On ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Head back to the home screen and select the Search icon.
- Search for Downloader and click on Downloader (It will appear under the keyboard).
- Choose the Downloader orange button.
- Download it.
- Select Allow.
- Choose OK.
- Type https://reviewvpn.com/puf and click on GO.
- The download will automatically start. Wait for the download to finish.
- Click on INSTALL.
- Click on OPEN.
- Enjoy Puffin TV on your Firestick!
Install Puffin TV on a Firestick with Screenshots
Step 1. Click Settings from the home screen of your Firestick
Step 2. Scroll down and to the right until you reach My Fire TV
Step 3. Click on My Fire TV
Step 4. Scroll down one and click on Developer Options
Step 5. Turn on ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
Step 6. Turning on Apps from Unknown Sources will trigger a confirmation popup. Click Turn On to Confirm
Step 7. Click the home button on your remote and scroll once to the left to click on the magnifying glass icon
Step 8. Search for Downloader either by saying it to your voice enabled remote or typing. If typing, scroll to the suggested word “Downloader” and click on it
Step 9. Click on the bright orange Downloader icon
Step 10. Click on Download (it might say get on your device. Same difference)
Step 11. Click on Allow
Step 12. Click on OK
Step 13. Type reviewvpn.com/puf for the version of Puffin TV with download capabilities and click go. Type reviewvpn.com/puff for the latest stable version without download capabilities.
Step 14. The download will automatically start
Step 15. Scroll once to the right and click on Install
Step 16. Click on Open to run Puffin TV (remember to always delete the APK files after installation. You can do this by clicking done instead of open and then delete on the two confirmation boxes or by going back to Downloader later and deleting from the Files section of the left-hand menu.)
Step 17. Enjoy Puffin TV on your Firestick!
How To Download Puffin TV For A 64-Bit Android TV and Nvidia Shield
The previously mentioned versions are 32-bit arm 7. If you are on a 64 bit Android TV, like the Nvidia Shield, you might want the latest 64-bit version. Remember the latest version won’t download. If you want download abilities, use the version mentioned earlier in the article with download capabilities.
Notes: We were not able to find a direct link for this 64-bit version, so this link will become a few versions behind. We will set a task to update this once a month.
How To Install Puffin TV On A Firestick Using Aptoide
Note- You cannot directly download Puffin from the Amazon App store so we will be needing to download it first by using Aptoide. The guide below will include how to install Aptoide and then proceed to install the Puffin Web Browser.
- On the home screen, go to “Settings”
- Select My Fire TV
- Select Developer Options
- Open Apps from Unknown Sources
- Click Turn On
- Head back to the home screen and select “Search”
- Search Downloader and click “Downloader”. It will appear under the keyboard
- Choose the “Downloader app”
- Download it
- Choose Open
- Select Allow
- Choose OK
- Type https://archive.org/download/aptoide-latest_201907/aptoide-latest.apk and select Go
- Wait for it to finish
- Install Aptoide
- Select Done
- This will automatically take you back to Downloader. Select Delete
- Choose Delete Again
- Head back to the home screen and under the “Your Apps & Channels” choose See All.
- Scroll down and choose Genius Streams TV and select the “Options”. Then select “Move to the front
- Aptoide will be moved forward to “Your Apps and Channels”
- Open Aptoide
- Allow Aptoide access to your photos and media files
- On the upper left corner of the home screes, click on Search and type in “puffin”
- Choose Puffin Web Browser and Install
- Install again
- Choose Done
- Head back to the home screen and select see all at the Your Apps and Channels tab
- Search for the Puffin Icon (Penguin) and then move it to the front
- There you go, Puffin Web Browser is not successfully installed on your Firestick
Note- If you are using an android device, you can install Puffin by going to the Google Play Store and searching for it and then Install.
What Does It Do?
Puffin Web Browser is very reliable as it optimizes the loading speed and takes the burden off of your device diverting it to cloud servers. In this way, high-resource pages can load in mere seconds without any glitch.
It works well with Android, IOS, Windows, MAC OS, Android TV, and Raspberry Pi.
- Fast page loading and rendering
- Adobe Flash Support
- Cloud Storage
- Cinematic Mode
- Trackpad and Gamepad
- Customizable colors for the toolbar and sidebar
- Complete Web Encounter
- Incognito Tab
Pros and Cons
- Makes browsing faster
- Safe to use when using non-secure public wifi
- Regularly updated Flash Player
- Retains up to 90% of your device’s bandwidth
- US only access
- Blocked in China, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and some other schools in the US
Is It Safe To Use?
Puffin Web Browser is relatively safe to use and download
Is It Legal Or Grey?
It is 100% legal to use.
Should I Use A VPN?
If you are not situated in the US we strongly advise the use of a reliable VPN. Puffin only allows users that are located in the US. In order to circumvent this, a VPN service will give you access to this restriction. It will also further optimize the speed of your browsing. If you need help with VPN, we highly recommend that you use IPVANISH because it is one of the best in the market today. To install it, please click on this link.
Is It Free?
Yes, it is free to download and install on your device.
Are There ADS?
No, there are no ads.
Is There A Premium Version?
Yes, there is a premium version.
Is There An Official Website?
You can check out the official website at www.puffin.com
What Other Devices Does It Work On?
Any device that runs on the Android OS is compatible with this app.
How Does The App Work?
Just follow the guide we have stated in this article.
Minimum Version Required
Any Android device that has version 4.1 and above
How Long Has It Been Around?
The company that owns the app has been around since 1993. According to its official website, the app was introduced in 2017.
What Is The Development Team Like?
The website has dedicated a page where there are FAQs. If you are experiencing an issue, you can look for it there. If you have other concerns, you can send them an email at [email protected]
- Firefox (Firestick)
- Silk (Firestick)
- Downloader (Firestick)
- Google Chrome
- Brave Web Browser
Upon testing this app we found out that it truly does what it promises. The browsing speed has improved tremendously and you will see the loading time is cut by half. It becomes out of this world when you use it in conjunction with a VPN. This web browser will help you when you need to finish transactions on time and submit reports way ahead of schedule. You will also see the difference when you use it to watch your favorite tv shows, you will notice little to no buffering. But this will all depend on your internet speed ok? If you have a good connection then you will really see how amazing this browser is.
Please drop a comment below and send us a message through our other social media platforms. Thank you for reading!