Pocket TV Master
Is it any Good?
Pocket TV Master is a real Hodgepodge of TV, movies, channels, and sports all rolled into one application.
It offers a wide range of media from popular Hindi entertainment to Formula 1 and Fashion TV. Offering hundreds of TV channels and a big catalog of content which is mainly aimed at people from the Asian subcontinent around India and Pakistan.
The application has no relation to Pocket TV a popular Android TV streaming application dating back to 2014 which is now inactive.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
What Does it Do?
Pocket TV Master uses a web scraper to find working links across the web and match them with cover art. They do not store any of the content on their servers, they only work as a library of links for users to click through.
What Platforms Does it Work on?
Pocket TV Masterworks on Android only.
- 100+ Live Channels
- Hindi Entertainment
- Sports including Cricket, Football, Hockey, Kabaddi, Badminton, and F1 amongst others
- Box sets
How to Install Pocket TV Master
To download and install Pocket TV Master you can either use the link provided by APK Time: https://apktime.com/how-to-install-pocket-tv-master-apk-on-android
Or you can download directly from the developer’s GitHub code: https://github.com/rutumaster/Pocket-TV
Before you install the application, be aware that Android devices will not accept an application from an unknown source i.e. one that has not been certified by Google in the Google Play Store.
To allow your device to accept an application outside of the Google Play Store, you will need to turn on allow applications from unknown sources.
You can generally do this by going to Settings> General> Security. However, it does vary by device, so use Google if these instructions do not get you to the right setting.
Is it Safe to Use?
Pocket TV Master is safe to use, though there have been comments that it is temperamental on Amazon Firestick.
Always make sure you download directly from the source, rather than downloading an application that bears a similar name or website.
We use APK time as they are a trusted provider for TV streaming applications.
Is it Legal or Grey?
It’s a grey area in the loosest sense of the word. Much of the content that is made accessible through Pocket TV Master is premium content. One that most users would have to pay for. So, there is nothing legal about it. To ensure access to content and also to protect your privacy we recommend that you use a VPN with Pocket TV Master.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We advise using a VPN with Pocket TV Master for several reasons:
- Any Live TV application will generally be subject to a greater level of scrutiny, which is why most Android TV applications stick to movies and TV Shows. Live content producers always have teams of people trawling the internet and shutting down illegal upload to their live feeds
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) will retain data on all the websites that you visit through them. This includes URLs to sites that are streaming content illegally. Once your ISP recognizes you are visiting sites of a questionable nature, then it may block your access, slow down your internet connection, or even send you a warning letter and blacklist you using their service
- A VPN gives you a greater level of security and anonymity by providing you with 256-bit AES encryption. The same type used by the US Military
- This encryption helps to stop anyone, even your ISP from knowing what you are doing online. By encoding your data packets, no one is able to tell the destination of your requests
- You can also change or obscure your IP address, and even change it to originate from another country. Also allowing you to access region-restricted content
Is it Free?
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, there are unobtrusive ads served within the application.
You would probably be able to find modded versions of the application through Reddit, which have been altered to be ad-free.
Is there a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Website?
No, there is only a link to the original source code, which is pleasing to us, as it means there is a good level of transparency. Plus, if the developer did decide they got bored with the project it could be easily forked and taken over by another developer.
Finding links to source code displayed so openly is rare and warmly received.
What Other Devices Does it Work on?
Android only. You can use Android application on Windows and iOS you just need to install an emulator first.
How does The App Work?
Download, install and go. No registration required.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Difficult to say, but based on the GitHub commits, mid-2018
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is The Development Team Like?
Seems there is one developer working on the project under the GitHub handle Routemaster. Based on the GitHub commits, the code has been worked on as recently as 2 months ago which shows the developer is active on the project.
There are quite a few tried and tested alternatives. Pocket TV Master is an ok application but seems to want to try to do everything and not do so well.
If you want Asia Entertainment and TV as well as a wide range of sport then pick Mobdro.
For those who are just mad about sport, you can find Kabaddi and many other obscure sports on Sport’s Devil.
Finally, if you just want to watch a great movie or the latest episode of your favorite TV show then pick Cyberflix, which is 100% free and ad-free.
Pocket TV Master is a strange little application. There hasn’t been much activity or chatter about it, but it works well enough and strikes us as an app made to scratch the developer’s own itch.
Great for Asian TV, but probably better finding off another application for everyone else.