Is it Any Good?
OneBox HD dates back to 2017 and was once a very popular Android tv streaming application. Surprisingly, this app is still great if you are looking for a simple, one-click movie and TV show app. This is a great alternative to Cinema HD, Terrarium TV, Showbox, and Cyberflix because the app is built on a different architecture, so when those apps have problems, there is a good chance this one is still working fine.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
What Does it Do?
OneBox HD has a script of inbuilt scrapers which check for new titles online through a set series of websites and torrent sites. The scrapers then return these results within the application and match it to cover art. In large part, the success of an application depends on the quality of their scraper. OneBox provides more limited results than many of the other apps, but the nice part is most of the content plays well.
OneBox HD also allows you to download content and watch offline.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Install One Box HD on Firesticks with Screenshots
1. Install the Downloader app and jailbreak your firestick by enabling unknown sources. To learn more about the procedure, you may read How to Install the Downloader App and Enable Unknown Sources.
2.Open Downloader App. Type https://reviewvpn.com/box and click Go.
3. Click on INSTALL
4. Click on OPEN
5. One Box HD is Installed. Enjoy Watching.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
OneBox HD works on all Android-based devices
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
- Wide range of movies and tv shows
- Download content to watch offline later
- Intelligent search function
- Compatible with a wide number of external media players
- Easy to navigate UI
- Content separated by categories
- Request movies and TV shows
Pros and Cons
- Being able to download and watch content offline is useful and often missing from newer apps
- Old but large back library of content
- Content is updated daily
- The app is outdated and hasn’t had any function or features updates since 2018
- No integration with Real Debrid, Trak.TV or Premiumize
- Unreliable and lacks users
- Developers have not been seen since late 2018
- Scrapers are out of date and likely returning poor if not no results for new titles that are being released
Is it Safe to Use?
OneBox HD has been around for some time and is quite safe to use. Always make sure you download it from their official website or alternatively the Amazon store.
Is it Legal or Grey?
It’s a grey area but not by much. Android streaming apps keep the heat away by making sure they never host or serve the content themselves, which is why they get taken down much less than torrent sites. However, the content that they are allowing users to watch to all intents and purposes is not legal. So, you should use with caution or better still just get a VPN and stay hidden.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We always recommend using a VPN whether you are using One Box or just browsing the internet for a number of reasons:
- Firstly, a VPN will keep your data safe and encrypted while you are online. Many parties including your Internet Service Provider would love to get their hands on your data. ISP’s actually stored records of your browsing data for up to a year. Through encryption, your ISP and any other third party will be unable to discover what you are doing online
- You can keep yourself anonymous through a VPN which will prevent your Ip from being leaked and anybody tracing you back to your physical location
- A VPN allows you to access region-restricted content wherever you are in the world. Giving you access to hundreds if not thousands over servers across multiple countries globally
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Is it Free?
Yes, One Box is free
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, there are ads but they are not intrusive.
Is There a Premium Version?
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
One Box works on all devices which run an Android operating system, you can use it on a Mac or a Windows computer if you use an emulator.
How Does the App Work?
OneBox HD is simple to use, just download, install, and go.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
OneBox HD dates back to mid-2017
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
We could find no information about the developer and their Facebook page hasn’t been updated since September 2018.
There are alternatives when it comes to android streaming apps for movies and tv shows, here is an in-depth explanation for two of our favorites:
ReviewVPN.com does not host any of these files. They are hosted on Archive.org.
CyberFlix: Cyberflix in terms of support and the community around is probably the biggest Android TV streaming application and closes to the heart of purists looking for a free experience. It has a great UI and is 100% free without any adverts whatsoever, there is a massive selection of tv shows and films, you can download content and watch offline, find HD links easily, as well as access a great smart search capability as well as an inbuilt TV calendar similar to what Terrarium users would be used to, so you can see when the next episode of your favorite TV show is coming out.
OneBox HD is an old app at this point, but it still excels where it matters. It remains one of the best apps available for free movies and TV shows. It is simple to install and use on your Firestick or Android device. It is a testament to its developers that this app has continued to work well with no updates for almost two years. Very few apps can make a similar claim.
If you are looking for a new free movie and TV show app, you should definitely check it out. This is especially true if the Terrarium Tv clones like Cyberflix, Cat Mouse, and Typhoon Tv are acting up.