Is it Any Good?
Movie HD is one of the oldest Android TV streaming applications still available. They have been going since 2015 and have amassed over 100,000 likes on their Facebook page.
The application is fantastic, particularly after a major update, which has been regular but it’s difficult to know when it will be. The developers will make an appearance generally through their Facebook page when the app is having a serious issue.
What Does it Do?
The application uses a series of scrapers that are being continuously updated to find the latest links for movies and TV show episodes that have just been released. Movie HD will aggregate all of these links with cover art and create a media library which can be browsed by category by users.
Movie HD is unique because it actually stores and hosts the content on its own servers, instead of referring onto torrent servers. This means that dead and broken links can be reported and dealt with much faster, instead o waiting on a third party.
What Platforms Does it Work on?
Movie HD works on Android devices only
- Access streams in a variety of different qualities including HD
- Many movies have subtitles in multiple different languages. If your language isn’t covered then you can always download the additional file
- Content is able to be downloaded and viewed offline
- The application is free, they do feature adverts but they aren’t annoying or intrusive
- Massive back collection of titles. Because Movie HD has been going for so long it has built a substantial media library
- Clean and easy to use interface with over 20 categories
- If you are a parent, you can block and restrict certain content to prevent your children viewing harmful material
- Change servers, currently Movie HD has 8 servers which can be switched between to get either the best quality of the best speed
- The application is quite lightweight and does not use excessive resources
- Works with Chromecast and DLNA streaming devices, making it compatible with Firestick
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How to Install Movie HD?
Movie HD is slightly irregular in that you also need an activation code, to get the app to start working. This is also useful for sifting out applications which may be infected or have Malware.
You can download the application and get the activation code at: https://appmoviehd.info/
You must make sure that your device’s settings have been altered to allow the application to be downloaded and installed from Unknown Source first.
Google “ Turn on Unknown Source + Your Device’s name” to find the right instructions for you.
Is it Safe to Use?
Movie HD is one of the safer applications to use, because it’s been around for so long and built up such a massive following of users, just make sure you use the official website as there are a ton of copycat websites out there.
The real application will need an activation code before it works.
Is it Legal or Grey?
You could say it’s a grey area, but Movie HD is irregular because it stores the content which you are allowed to download and watch offline.
This means it will draw a lot of scrutiny from media providers, who will actively try to shut down their servers and IP addresses. In order to make sure that the content works we suggest that you use a VPN with Movie HD
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
There are a number of good reasons for using a VPN with Movie HD:
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) will monitor everything that you look at on the internet, this includes any sites that allow you to download and stream illegal content (content where the provider does not have the permission to distribute it), if your connection is unencrypted your ISP is likely to block your connection over time
- A VPN will allow you to encrypt your connection between your device and its DNS. Meaning your ISP will be unable to tell what exactly you are doing on your device. This also means they will be unable to block you from accessing content
- A VPN will also allow you to change your IP address and even the country where your connection is originating from. Very useful for watching region-restricted content, you can even use it in conjunction with Netflix and watch the US version
- A VPN helps you to remain anonymous online, browse privately and protect your data from unwanted intrusion by third parties.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Is it Free?
Yes, completely free
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, there are advert, but they are a normal frequency and are neither annoying nor intrusive
Is There a Premium Version?
No, there is no premium version
Is There an Official Website?
There is a simple 1-page website, to download the Android version as well as the activation link at https://appmoviehd.info/
What Other Devices Does it Work on?
Movie HD will work on any device that supports Android OS
How Does App Work?
Make sure your phone accepts applications from unknown sources, download the application from: https://appmoviehd.info/ , install and go
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
According to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Movie-HD-353990701466152/ , they have been around since June 2015 and amazed over 120K, likes and followers
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
The development team seems to be most responsive through Facebook, using it to announce updates and server outages. Though they don’t tend to respond to replies. But it’s impressive to keep this up for over 4 years.
There is some great alternative out there which deliver a similar service in the form of Cyberflix, TV Zion, Bee TV, Tea TV and Cinema HD (which is a sister application)
ReviewVPN.com does not host any of these files. They are hosted on Archive.org.
Movie HD is one of the fathers of Android TV streaming and shows no sign of slowing down, apart from the major grip of using AMPlayer, they are a solid application to use.