How to Install Mobdro on a Firestick
Installing Mobdro on a Firestick is a quick process that should take less than five minutes.
Mobdro is an app that lets you watch the most recent movies and TV series on your Firestick or other device. It also offers live TV, sports, and a variety of other services. The best part about this app is that it is free, with the ability to turn off advertisements. As a result, Mobdro has made a name for itself among cord cutters looking for free streaming options.
Furthermore, the easiest method to install Mobdro on a Firestick is to get an application called Downloader from the official Amazon App store. Subsequently, you can use it in a web browser to download it from the official Mobdro website (http://mobdro.bz).
The reason you need Downloader is that none of the browsers, like Silk and Firefox, in the Amazon App Store allow for downloads.
However, the process is even easier if you are on an Android device because you can use a browser to download the app directly onto your device.
Video on How to Install Mobdro on a Firestick
Click the pop-out button in the upper right corner to see it larger.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface
Screenshots with Step by Step Instruction to Install Mobdro on a Firestick
1. Install the Downloader app and jailbreak your firestick by enabling unknown sources. To learn more about the procedure, you may read How to Install the Downloader App and Enable Unknown Sources.
2. Open Downloader. Type http://mobdro.bz (official website of this app) and click Go.
3. Click on Download The App.
4. Click on Install and you should be all set. Remember to delete the APK file after installation to save space.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Install Surfshark on Firestick
Is Mobdro Any Good?
Mobdro is what people think of when they think of Live TV. They’ve been around a long time and have established a name for themselves as being stable and reliable. They are also one of the few providers that give you an option to turn off ads if you allow your computer to contribute idle resources to their servers.
Mobdro gets a good hit rate of working channels, with many of the most popular like HBO and Sky Sports working 90% of the time, which for an android tv application is pretty impressive
What Does it Do?
Like Red Box, Mobdro uses sophisticated web scrapers to harvest links to tv channels from across the web and then present them in a clean and easy to use User Interface. You can then cycle through links until you find a working link for your chosen channel.
So basically, it works like a Google search index for tv channels.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Mobdro works on all Android devices as well as is an addon you can download on Kodi. They have no current working iOS apps or a Windows desktop version, but you can install it using an Android emulator
- Thousands of channels and live streams
- Option to turn off adverts
- Stream offline with their premium version ($2.99 per year)
- Chromecast support
- Sleep timer (Premium)
- Sleek and easy to use UI
- Download movies and TV shows to watch later
- Kodi compatible
- Live Event TV calendar
- HD streams available
- High-quality streaming
How to Install Mobdro
You can download the application directly from their website: https://www.mobdro.bz/
Pros and Cons
- Clean and easy to use user interface
- Access to the largest range of live TV channels available in any application
- Option to go ad-free
- Premium version gives additional features
- Offline streaming is unheard of with other applications
- Download and watch content offline
- Established name with a thriving Reddit community
- Chromecast support means you can watch it on TV
- Live Event calendar is a cool feature to find streams for upcoming pay per view events
- Option to turn off adverts is unique
- The active development team who are releasing frequent updates and seeking feedback from the community
- The option to turn off adverts and have your idle resources used for unknown reasons does raise concerns. Though Mobdro says it won’t be used for cryptocurrency mining there is still a question mark as to whether your proxy can then sell to a third party like HolaVPN do with Luminati
- In application, ads can be a bit annoying but necessary
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, the application is available to download from the Amazon Store. However, always make sure you download it from an official website. For instance, there are A LOT of copycat websites out there which may mean you download malware-infected files. So check out the official websites and if in doubt, scan your download with Malwarebytes.
Is it Legal or Grey?
It’s a grey area, but we’d say Mobdro leans towards the less legal side of things. You are essentially getting access to a number of live channels that you would need to pay for. Even though Mobdro acts like a third party we certainly wouldn’t say that they are legal, and anyone using them would know that too.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We always recommend you use Mobdro and any streaming application with a VPN. Without it, many of the services may not work and many of the IP addresses for links will appear broken. This is because your Internet Service provider will be actively blocking these links.
To maintain privacy and anonymity online look into investing in a reputable VPN that costs less than $10 a month.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
Install Surfshark on Firestick
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Is it Free?
Yes, Mobdro is free.
Are There Ads?
Yes, Mobdro serves ads within the applications. But, there is quite a few modded version available that has the ads stripped out.
Is There a Premium Version?
You can pay $2.99 a year for Premium and get offline streaming, a sleep timer, as well as a couple of other useful functions. You also have the option to turn off the ads and allow Mobdro to use idle resources on your computer
Is There an Official Website?
Yes, they’ve got a really helpful website here: https://www.mobdro.bz/
In addition, always make sure you download the apk from the official website only.
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Mobdro works on any device using Android. On the other hand, Roku users can use a screencast app to cast Mobdro from their Android tablet or phone to their Roku. Moreover, computer users can use an Android emulator like Bluestacks or Nox to emulate Android on their computer and to run Mobdro.
How Does The App Work?
Firstly, download the app on an app store that’s not Google Play like Aptoide, from the website, or through the add-ons on Kodi. However, just make sure you turn on unknown sources on Kodi before trying to download from the given URL or it won’t work.
Finally, setup takes a few minutes at most.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Mobdro has been around a while since early 2017.
What is the Development Team Like?
The development team is active on Reddit and looking for feedback as well as answering comments on their official subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Mobdro
Seems like they are pretty responsive and actively releasing updates, also the community is active with a number of posts in the past week.
Good alternatives would be Red Box TV, Live Net, Pluto TV, and USA TV & Radio.
Firstly, Mobdro is a great all-rounder offering an unparalleled number of live TV channels and streams. It also one-ups Red Box in terms of functionality with the option to pay a little bit of money and get functions like offline streaming that you just can’t find anywhere else.
There is still a lingering question mark for us about allowing Mobdro to use your idle resources as they really aren’t very specific. Bear in mind this allows you to be used as an endpoint for God knows what, so we’d advise you not to do that and maybe look for a modded version or just go Premium.
Install Live Lounge APK for Free Live TV, Sports, Adult Section and Movies
Install UnlockMyTTV APK on Firestick & Android – 5 Minutes
50 Best Free Movie Streaming Sites
The Best Adult Apps for Android