METV Kodi Addon
METV Kodi addon has been around for over 2 years and still going strong. It has an impressive history that puts in alongside some of the most popular Kodi addons, but METV doesn’t seem to get the same amount of spotlight.
That’s a good thing for us, because the more users an addon has, the greater the chance of it getting shut down or scrutinized by internet providers and copyright enforcement teams.
METV concentrates on TV Shows and Films and brings a great selection of content in easy-to-understand categories. They also frequently put up new and niche categories for brief periods of time, like Reddit Top 250 or the Academy Award-nominated films.
Even better, METV is also compatible with Real Debrid, which means that for as little as $2 a month you can pay to always get the best links served for your content, rather than wasting precious viewing time trawling through dead or low-quality links.
However, METV uses a great scraper library powered by NAN scraper which means even without Real Debrid you’ll have a good chance of finding a high-quality link for your content.
Here are the 3 most common errors you could come across when installing or running METV. We’ve given you some quick fixes as well as links to longer and more informative guides if those don’t work.
- Source not working/slow/frozen: Probably the most common error you’ll come across with any addon is a source error. Either the source won’t load, or the quality will be terrible. This is a big reason for using Real Debrid. But if you want to persist without it, then here are some tips. Firstly, when loading a source, be patient, and wait. Unlike your TV a source can take up to 15 seconds to load. Also, if lots of people are on that source and it still doesn’t load then refresh the link before moving on. Still no luck? Readout the guide linked above for more fixes.
- Script Error: This error will pop up when you first try and install METV. A script is part of the code that runs the addon. First, check you have used our source above, as some repos may cause you to upload damaged or even malicious files onto Kodi. Next, try and refresh and re-install the addon. If the script error persists then it looks like somewhere along the line Kodi either got corrupted or needs updating. If you have the latest version installed, then you need to carry out a fresh install of Kodi. Though this should be a last resort as it will wipe all your addons and builds.
- Kodi check log error: A common error for regular users of Kodi. This error could be from many things but in our experience, it’s most likely just a simple cache error. A cache error means that your media cache is full and needs to be emptied. Depending on your device you may have limited storage. Some devices allow you to manually clear cache in Kodi, but most will require you to install an additional add on. Our guide has a full list of the best maintenance addons for Kodi.
METV is a great little pocket gem, and honestly, the fact that it still works and has a highly active community after 2 years is a testament to a dedicated developer. An addon to have.
- Reddit Top 250
- New Movies
- TV Shows
- Box Sets
- Popular Movies
- Now Playing
- Top Rated
- Airing Today
- Search Me
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How to Install METV Addon on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow uknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: http://ezzer-mac.com/repo/
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is METV (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on METV (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.EzzerMacsWizard.zip
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on EzzerMacs Wizard Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select METV again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying METV has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start METV add-on.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”.
3. You can either say “IPVanish” to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the “IPVanish” icon.
5. Click on “Download”.
6. Wait to “Download”.
7. Wait to “Install”.
8. Click on “Open”.
9. Input your username and password to “Log In”.
10. Click “Connect”.