Mega Box HD Lite Overview
Is it Any Good?
Mega Box HD Lite has been around since 2016 and has outlasted Terrarium which officially closed in 2018. The app is still good, but it has fewer updates than most of the newer applications released from 2018 onwards. Still, like Media Box HD a lot of people still favor Mega Box because it only shows the content that has been released.
What Does it Do?
Mega Box is pretty similar to a lot of other Android TV apps, they use scrapers and metadata searches to find the latest content online and then populate your library with the newest titles. Fortunately, it only displays content, which is currently working, saving you the time and frustration you see in many apps that either display content that isn’t there or gives you a whole host of broken links
This to us is a massive plus, as most other apps make you manually trawl through links.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Mega Box HD Lite works on all Android-based devices, and also offers an iOS app as well as a Windows Desktop Application
- Large media library
- Decent back catalog
- Search function
- Easy to navigate user interface
- Compatible on multiple operating systems
- All content will work
- Will not show content which cannot be verified/broken links
- Download content directly to your device
- HD streams are available for some content
- Subtitle compatible
- Available in multiple languages
How to Install Megabox HD Lite on a Firestick
You can download the application directly from their website: https://megaboxhdappdownload.com/
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
- Starting at the home screen of the Firestick, scroll right to Settings
- Click on Settings and scroll down and to the right until you reach My Fire TV
- Click on My Fire TV and scroll down once
- Click on Developer Options
- Turn on ADB Debugging and Apps from Uknown Source
- Click the home button on your remote and scroll once to the left to search the Amazon App Store
- Type Downloader and install the app
- Type reviewvpn.com/mega in the address bar
- You should be all set!
Pros and Cons
- Simple user interface
- Only displays content that is currently working
- Adequate search function
- Simple categories
- Easy to navigate
- Download content for offline viewing
- History means that the application is stable and is almost unheard of in terms of working for multiple years
- The user interface looks dated
- There are fewer updates than many other applications
- There seems to be very little information about Mega Box HD Lite, not to be confused with Mega Box
- Not compatible with Trakt.tv and Real Debrid. Meaning that you won’t be able to pick up shows where you left off or download at high speeds. As well as not being able to access Real Debrian’s many updated content lists
- Not compatible with Premiumize
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, the application is available to download from the Amazon Store. Always make sure you download from a trusted site, the Amazon store of Mega Box HD Lite’s official website. There are a lot of copy cat websites, which can be spotted by looking at the footer. A lot of these sites will say they have no affiliation with the developer or say that they are for educational purposes only.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Grey, you are going to use Mega Box to view and download content that has been copyrighted. There’s no other way of looking at it. Though the site may claim that the application is for educational purposes only, if you try to use it without a VPN it will likely be blocked.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
A VPN will allow you to establish a safe and secure connection that can be used to access Mega Box. Most ISP’s work actively to ban streaming from illegal websites as part of a concerted government effort against piracy.
If you try to access Mega Box without a VPN, you will either find that the content is blocked or at the very least your IP will be logged and you may receive a warning or worse from your ISP, to ask you to cease and desist.
Using a VPN, you can establish a secure connection using military-grade encryption between your VPN client and their server. This means that your IP will be changed to a country of your choice and all your data cannot be snooped by any other third party.
Is it Free?
Yes, Mega Box HD Lite uses adverts to generate revenue
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, Mega Box HD Lite serves adverts within the application
Is There a Premium Version?
No, there is only a free version. If you want to find an app without advert search Reddit for a modded version
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Mega Box HD works on all devices including those with Android, iOS, and Windows, the only OS it won’t work on is Linux.
How Does The App Work?
You can download the application on the Amazon store, or directly download the APK file from the Mega Box HD Lite website. Make sure you always download from a trusted source.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Based on the activity and posting dates from their websites, Mega Box HD Lite has been around since early 2016
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
No idea, we tried to dig through a lot of different Reddit threads trying to find information and couldn’t find a linked Facebook Group. We think there is only 1 developer and the lack of updates means the developer is happy to let the application run and earn money, and will probably only make changes if the app crashes
There are plenty of better alternatives. If you want the same functionality in terms of only showing content that works then we suggest using Media Box HD. Honestly, there are a lot of better apps out there that have a fresher interface, more updates, and a more engaged community.
ReviewVPN.com does not host any of these files. They are hosted on Archive.org.
Mega Box HD Lite is pretty much just in maintenance mode. There are few updates and it’s obvious from the interface than no major updates have happened for some time.
The fact that you cannot integrate it with Real Debrid, Trakt.tv or Premiumize means you are missing out on a lot of functionality that newer applications have.
A good back up, but certainly wouldn’t make our Top 5.