In this write-up, we will be providing a review and installation guide on how to install Locast App on Firestick.
Do you want to know how to stream free TV and sports with Locast from anywhere? Well, you are in the right place!
We are going to show you how to access Locast streams from all 13 of its available markets regardless of your location.
For those of you that don’t know, Locast is a service currently available in 13 city metros that allows users to watch the local over the air television channels through free streams on the website.
Unfortunately, for the majority of the United States, it isn’t available. But we will show you how to turn this around. You can watch Live TV using Locast wherever you are.
Aside from the Firestick, you can also install Locast on smartphones, tablets, Apple TV, and other android devices.
How to Install Locast App on Firestick Guide
Since Locast is not available for other states and countries, the guide that we will be featuring requires that your Firestick be jailbroken. If you haven’t jailbroken your Firestick yet, you can follow this tutorial:
Also, in addition to the Firestick jailbreak, you will need the Downloader App. Learn how to install it on your Firestick by referring to this guide:
Please follow the guide below to install Locast:
- Go to Settings and select Device.
- Choose Developer Options
- Turn on the ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources
- After turning these options on, launch the Amazon App Store on your device
- Search and Download Downloader
- Install Downloader and launch it after installing it.
- Choose Allow and Select Ok
- Type in https://reviewvpn.com/loc and select Go
- Select Locast after the installation
- Select Done
- This will automatically take you back to Downloader. Select Delete
- Choose Delete one more time
- Head back to the home screen and under the Your Apps & Channels select Choose All
- Scroll down and select Locast and select the Options.
- Select Move to Front
- Locast is going to your Apps and channels
- After this, you will see Locast and click it to launch.
Install Locast App on Firestick with Screenshots Tutorial
1. Scroll to Settings from the home screen.
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Source.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
6. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
7. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
8. Click on the Downloader icon
9. Click Download
10. Click on Open
11. Click on Allow.
12. Type in Http://reviewvpn.com/loc and select Go.
13. Select Install
14. Choose Open
15. Take note of the given code.
16. Open a separate browser aside from your Firestick, go to locast.org/activate
Note: Be sure to turn on your VPN service and set the IP Address to the US. This will ensure that you can access the website to activate Locast on your Firestick.
17. Input the given code earlier.
18. Click on Submit
19. Wait for this confirmation to appear.
20. Enjoy Locast on your Firestick.
How To Install Locast App on Android
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Where Locast is Available?
- New York – 19 channels
- Philadelphia – 15 channels
- Boston – 9 channels
- Washington DC – 9 channels
- Baltimore – 7 channels
- Chicago – 14 channels
- Houston – 15 channels
- Dallas – 13 channels
- Sioux Falls – 16 channels
- Denver – 12 channels
- Rapid City – 14 channels
- Los Angeles – 47 channels
- San Francisco – 46 channels
Locast’s user interface is very easy to use. You will not be needing an extra app, called Mouse Toggle.
The number of channels depends on your location. You can always change your location with your VPN.
Mostly, Locast provides channels from the biggest TV Networks. You can also enjoy watching the NBA, NFL, MLB, PGA during Sundays.
Full Channel List
- PIX 11
- NJ News Network, and
- NJ Weather channels
- Arirang TV
- MHz Network
- PBS (WNET and WLIW)
- PBS Kids
- Court TV
- Cozi TV
- Heroes and Icons
- Ion Plus
- Justice Network
- Light TV
- Live Well Network
- Start TV
The good thing about Locast is that it is free. But, the app is asking for a $5 donation monthly to keep the service running. We do understand this because it is very hard to provide free content and maintain the platform all at the same time.
Come to think of it, $5 is very cheap compared to other paid streaming services like Youtube TV, Hulu + Live TV, Amazon Prime Video, Philo TV, Sling TV, and many more.
To know more about paid and free Live TV services, please read this article:
The playback is very good. Once you click on a channel, it will load for a second or two and play the channel after that.
Pros and Cons
- The video quality is excellent. Some channels are even on HD.
- Cheaper than most paid streaming services.
- Compatible with the most popular streaming devices.
- The streaming experience is not continuous. The video plug asking for a $5 donation before the channel plays will appear. It will also appear somewhere in between and you have to click on the channel again.
- The appearance of the main menu needs some improvement. It is a bit jumbled and pretty confusing.
- It has no DVR capability, unlike other big paid streaming services.
Stream Safely with a VPN
The biggest benefit of using a VPN with Locast is it will enable you to use them even if you are not within the locations we have provided above. You can access Locast even though you are not from the US. Just change your IP Address to the available locations. That’s it! You can watch Live TV for free.
Aside from that, there are other benefits of using a VPN:
- Best Solution to Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering.
- Allows you to access geo-locked content.
- Prevents ISP Throttling.
- It gives you an added layer of security when accessing public wifi internet connections.
- It covers all of your online activities so nothing can be traced back to you and your IP Address.
Grab your subscription now!
How to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
- Once you open your Firestick, click once to the left to gain access to the search button.
- Type in IPVANISH
- Select IPVANISH
- Choose Download
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the download to finish.
- After the download finished, click on Install
- Once it finishes installing, select Open
- Type in your username and password
- Choose Connect.
- There you go, you can now stream or download content.
Install IPVanish on Firesticks with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Is Locast App Available on Direct TV?
No. But the owner of Direct TV has expressed support in favor of Locast. The big company has donated a total of $500,000 to maintain the platform back in 2019.
How To Install Local Channels on Amazon Fire Stick
Technically, you cannot install local channels on the Amazon Fire Stick, but you can access channels by subscribing to paid services or install free Live TV Apps like Locast.
Is it legal?
Yes, it is legal to download and install Locast App on Firestick and other android devices.
Is it free?
Yes, but you can donate $5 every month to help out the developers in maintaining the app.
Are there ADS?
No, there are no ads.
Is there a premium version?
In a sense, yes. When you donate to Locast Org, the donation plug will be removed. In this way, you are showing support for Locast.
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
No. It is an official Amazon App that focuses on Live TV.
Is there an official website?
Yes. You can check it out at https://www.locast.org/
What other devices does it work on?
Aside from the Amazon Firestick, Locast works well with touchscreen devices and others that run on the Android OS.
Minimum Version Required
At least version 5.0 and above is needed to run it on your device.
How long has it been around?
Locast was launched back in January 2018.
How to Fix “Locast Error Wrong Location Firestick”?
You can fix this by adjusting the location of your VPN.
How To Cancel Locast Subscription?
Well, the donation is not mandatory. So, if you stop donating, in a way, that is canceling your Locast subscription.
Is There a Locast Forum that Can Help Me Out?
Yes, you can go to https://helpcenter.locast.org/portal/en/home and file a ticket there if ever you have concerns.
Locast is currently being litigated and if it does shut down, you have to be prepared for alternatives.
We have tested many Live TV apps, and we came up with two of the best as Locast Alternatives:
Live Net TV
TV Tap APK
Both of these apps are included in our list for Best Free Live TV Apps. Both provide popular live channels and VOD. Please do check them out.
The only negative thing about Locast is that it does not offer a seamless streaming experience for free users. You can fix this by donating, but, if you do not want to donate, you just have to bear with it. Going back and clicking on the channel is not such a hard thing to do.
Overall, we enjoyed using it and watching our favorite TV shows for free and legally.
We hope that we have provided the necessary information you will need on how to install Locast App on Firestick. Thank you for reading and stay safe.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.
Most Popular Readings