Click here for the Best Filelinked Codes.
What is Filelinked?
Filelinked was formerly known as Droid Admin and is an excellent tool for those wanting to access and download media online whether that be Firestick apps, Android apps, photos, videos or music.
Filelinked is great free way for you to share files while also being one of the best resources to obtain new files. The beauty of the app is that Filelinked doesn’t host the files, they are hosted on Dropbox, Telegram and accross the Web. In short, it’s an easy way to connect a user to a batch of file, by using a simple code.
It is also great for maintaining anonymity when combined with using a VPN.
Filelinked is great because it’s free, fast and really easy to use.
What Does Filelinked Do?
Filelinked is used like a file messenger service.
User A has a batch of files of different servers and locations that they want to share with User B.
They use the Filelinked website, create an account and then copy and paste the links of the files that they want to share. You can name them and even provide cover art. Once all the files have been added, they create a unique Filelinked code, which will allow User B to access the files. User A also can send User B a pin code if they set their Filelinked store to require one.
User B then downloads the Filelinked app, they enter the unique URL within the application and then type in the PIN. They can then access and download all the files.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Filelinked works on all Android devices (phones, tablets, Android TV’s, etc) and Amazon Firesticks.
- No limits on how many files you can link to or how many files you download
- Easy to use interface and system
- PIN means you can protect files for everyone apart from the intended user
- Plenty of tutorials and guides on how to use them
How to Install Filelinked on an Amazon Firestick
The following steps can be followed on an Amazon Firestick, or any Android device which internet is capable, it also covers the steps for you to download Downloader and ES File Explorer which you need to use Filelinked:
- Whatever your device, go to setting and Developer options and allow apps from unknown sources
- Download Downloader from the Amazon Store
- Run Downloader
- Click the URL field
- Type get.filelinked.com
- Click “Install”
- Once downloaded, click delete, to get rid of the APK file which you no longer need
- Go back to the home screen and find Filelinked in your apps and channels
Install Filelinked on Firestick with Screenshots
- From the home screen, scroll all the way to the top right until you reach Settings.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click My Fire TV.
4. Click Developer Options.
5. Turn on both ADB Debugging and Apps from unknown sources.
6. Click the home button on your remote and scroll one left the magnifying glass icon.
7. Click Downloader.
8. Click on the Downloader icon.
9. Click Download.
10. Click Open.
11. Click Allow.
12. Type http://get.filelinked.com and click GO.
13. Click Install.
14. Click Open.
15. Click Enter Code.
16. Type Code Number and Click Next.
17. Click Continue.
18. There you go, Filelinked is now installed.
How to Install Filelinked on an Android Device
- Open a web browser with download capabilities
- Type get.filelinked.com in the URL section of the web browser
- Alternatively, there is a download button on the homepage of filelinked.com
Should I Use This Filelinked with a VPN?
It depends on what you are downloading from Filelinked. If it is your uncle Bob’s latest update to his travel site app, you are fine not using a VPN. However, any time you might be downloading content in the grey area, such as many streaming apps, it’s always best to be safe and turn on the VPN first. The files are typically hosted on Dropbox and Telegram so you are unlikely to get in trouble without using one, but you never know for certain unless you setup the path.
There are a number of reasons you should always use a VPN:
- Using a VPN, you can encrypt your data with 256-bit AES military grade encryption meaning that your connection is unbreakable
- Your Internet Service Provider works actively to prevent users from accessing pirated content. In the UK it’s estimated that 50% of online content may be restricted by ISP’s. You also run the risk of having your browsing history logged and stored for up to a year, as well as the possibility in extreme cases of a fine
- VPN’s help you to stay safe online, both from the watchful eyes of your ISP, preventing your traffic from being logged, but also malicious third parties who want to track you or insert malware onto your system
- A VPN encrypts all of your data between your client and their server, meaning that it is impossible for your Internet Service Provider to know what you are doing or whether your browsing history needs to be logged
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, the application is available to download from the official website of the Amazon Store. Always make sure you download from a trusted site or the Amazon store.
As a popular application there will be a host of websites, letting you download Filelinked for free which may deliver infected files to your computer.
We always recommend that you use Malwarebytes to scan files from unknown sources.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Filelinked is totally legal, but many of the sources may not be, so we always advise using it with a VPN
Is it Free?
Are There Ads? (If it as ads is there a modded version)
Is There a Premium Version?
Is there an official website?
Yes, they have a lovely looking site and tutorials: https://www.filelinked.com
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Filelinked works on Android devices, or can be used on Windows or iOS using an Android emulator
Is There an Alternative?
FireDL is the main alternative to Filelinked. That said, FireDL is dimensioning in popularity as the superior features of Filelinked allow it to grow its rightful dominance.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Filelinked has been around since 2016 and used to be known as Droid Admin.
Filelinked is awesome, and a really clever solution to a problem a lot of people have with files all over the place.
It’s also a great place to find new apps and other useful content. We don’t recommend the alternative because Filelinked is the best in class. We give this app a big 5/5.
Thank you for reading! If you have any ideas whatsoever on how to improve this article, please leave a comment.