Cypher Media Kodi Addon
Cypher Media is a high-quality Kodi addon from the Cypher Media repository. Acts as an all in one addon with links to movies, TV Shows, and live TV. Some Kodi users will be pleased to see sections for Anime and Mange which has become notoriously difficult to get hold of on Kodi, after a crackdown by Asian content producers.
A good add on with plenty of working links, we will see how they get on with the all in one aspect, as most addons tend to fall short when it comes to Live TV.
Compatible with IMDB, Trakt, and Real Debrid. To get the best working links we recommend that you pay for a premium Real Debrid subscription.
Here are the most common errors, quick fixes, and in-depth guides for Cypher Media:
- Source not working/slow/frozen: Cypher Media does not host any of the content that you watch. You can easily fall into the trap of thinking it’s just like Netflix, and the content will load instantly. This is especially not the case if you don’t use Real Debrid. Waiting for free links and servers mean you pay with your time instead of your money. Links can take up to 20 seconds to connect and start buffering. Also, servers may need to be contacted more than once, as you refresh the link. Bear in mind higher quality media files like 1080p and 4K will take even longer to stream. To find other ways to fix broken sources read our in-depth guide linked above.
- Kodi check log error: The first time you get a check log error, it might freak out. Like when your laptop randomly decides to tell you that it’s out of memory but give it a few weeks and you’ll know the ins and outs of Kodi and how to fix these minor errors. A check log error can be many things, but in most cases, it simply relates to your media cache being full. Like your browsing history, a cache builds snippets to enable you quicker access and loading the second time around. To learn how to empty your cache and download other helpful system tools for Kodi read our fix guide linked above.
- Could not connect to URL/Download: This tends to either be a quick fix or a longer search around for a new add on. Always check you have spelled the URL correctly. Once you have done that check the URL in a browser. If it works, great. You just need to try the URL a few times until the server accepts the download. If not, then it might be time to look for another addon in the meantime. For other fixes read our in-depth guide linked above.
Cypher Media is a good add on, but it’s still in its 1st version. We must admit we are always skeptical of add ons which try and do movies, tv shows, and Live TV. They almost never work as it just takes too much time and manpower to keep all the plates spinning.
For Live TV we always recommend you use a paid service if you want better quality and selection of channels. We would pay $7 + a month, t watch the 3,000+ HD Channel on Player’s Klub or Helix TV, rather than spend hours fiddling around with free Live TV on any addon.
The same line of argument of paying for Real Debrid. If your time is valuable, then better to pay a small amount of money for convenience’s sake.
Cypher Media has the following sections:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- Tv calendar
- Live IPTV
- Holiday Movies
- Comic Book Movies
- Scraper Settings
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How to Install Cypher Media Addon on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: https://cyphermediagit.github.io/
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Cypher Media (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Cypher Media (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.Cypherslocker-3.0.zip
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Cyphers Locker Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Cypher Media again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select Version 1.0.0 (Cyphers Locker Repo)
25. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
26. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Cypher Media has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
27. Click on Open to start the Cypher Media add-on.