Alvin Kodi Addon
Alvin Kodi addon is a well-known addon for Movies and TV Shows, a fork of Elysium and Exodus V8, for any familiar with the layout of these 2 addons, you will see that Alvin is the same.
This addon a great range of high-quality content, as well as being able to navigate all the content by a TV network, and find box sets easily.
Also, Alvin works with Real Debrid and Trakt.TV, which means if you are willing to pay for Real Debrid you can get 1080p and 4K streams every time using their network of 50+ paid servers. It’s worth noting that with Real Debrid, Alvin will only serve up 720p quality links.
This is an addon that really needs Real Debrid to come alive, particularly if you have an entertainment setup that demands high-quality content. In HD or above.
Here are the most common errors with quick fixes and links to troubleshooting guides.
- No Link Found. This can happen more often than you would think and has nothing to do with the quality of Alvin’s scrapers. Sometimes when you are looking for content the addons servers can get overloaded with multiple requests. So, you may just need to refresh the screen and try again or check that your internet connections haven’t dropped. If those fixes don’t work, then try some more in the guide linked above.
- Olpair Streaming Error. If you don’t want to pay for Real Debrid, then at one time or another you’re going to get an error that says “Open Load Stream Authorisation” which means that you need to pair your device through Olpair. Otherwise known as Open load pairing. Each pair will give you 4 hours more streaming time. If you still have problems check out our error fixing guide.
- Script Error on Installation. You may get this error while you are trying to install Alvin. A pop will say that a required script is missing. First, check that you are downloading Alvin from the Octopus repository. If so, then the problem may be that your Kodi installation has been corrupted in some way and is missing a vital script or dependency required to run Alvin. Reinstall Kodi and check our step-by-step fix guide.
- Can not download Alvin. If you are unable to connect to the web server, when you enter the URL above, check that you have typed it out correctly. This is the most common mistake. If you still cannot download it using the URL, go through our fix guide.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Menu in Alvin includes:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- New Movies
- New Episodes
Alvin is a solid Kodi addon, but it’s nothing special. One big drawback is that it will only server 720p links without Real Debrid, and not everyone wants to pay for premium content (but for 3 Euros for a 15-day pass it seems silly not to)
The box sets and network categories are a nice touch, but Alvin is nothing to get too excited about. There are better add ons out there, which can do better than Alvin.
Keep Alvin as a solid backup if another add ons fails on you.
How to Install Alvin Addon on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: http://octopus246.esy.es/octopus/
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Alvin (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Alvin (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.octopus-x.x.xx.zip
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Octopus Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Alvin again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Alvin has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Alvin add-on.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
Install Surfshark on Firestick
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.