Alvin Kodi Addon
Alvin Kodi addon is a well-known addon for Movies and TV Shows, a fork of Elysium and Exodus V8, for any familiar with the layout of these 2 addons, you will see that Alvin is the same.
This addon a great range of high-quality content, as well as being able to navigate all the content by a TV network, and find box sets easily.
Also, Alvin works with Real Debrid and Trakt.TV, which means if you are willing to pay for Real Debrid you can get 1080p and 4K streams every time using their network of 50+ paid servers. It’s worth noting that with Real Debrid, Alvin will only serve up 720p quality links.
This is an add on that really needs Real Debrid to come alive, particularly if you have entertainment set up which demands high-quality content. In HD or above.
Here are the most common errors with quick fixes and links to troubleshooting guides.
- No Link Found. This can happen more often than you would think and has nothing to do with the quality of Alvin’s scrapers. Sometimes when you are looking for content the add ons servers can get overloaded with multiple requests. So, you may just need to refresh the screen and try again or check that your internet connections haven’t dropped. If those fixes don’t work, then try some more in the guide linked above.
- Olpair Streaming Error. If you don’t want to pay for Real Debrid, then at one time or another you’re going to get an error that says “Open Load Stream Authorisation” which means that you need to pair your device through Olpair. Otherwise known as Open load pairing. Each pair will give you 4 hours more streaming time. If you still have problems check out our error fixing guide.
- Script Error on Installation. You may get this error while you are trying to install Alvin. A pop will say that a required script is missing. First, check that you are downloading Alvin from the Octopus repository. If so, then the problem may be that your Kodi installation has been corrupted in some way and is missing a vital script or dependency required to run Alvin. Reinstall Kodi and check our step-by-step fix guide.
- Can not download Alvin. If you are unable to connect to the webserver, when you enter the URL above, check that you have typed it out correctly. This is the most common mistake. If you still cannot download it using the URL, going through our fix guide.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Menu in Alvin includes:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- New Movies
- New Episodes
Alvin is a solid Kodi addon, but its nothing special. One big drawback is that it will only server 720p links without Real Debrid, and not everyone wants to pay for premium content (but for 3 Euros for a 15 day pass it seems silly not to)
The boxsets and network categories are a nice touch, but Alvin is nothing to get too excited about. There are better add ons out there, which can do better than Alvin.
Keep Alvin as a solid back up if another add ons fails on you.
How to Install Alvin Addon on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: http://octopus246.esy.es/octopus/
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Alvin (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Alvin (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.octopus-x.x.xx.zip
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Octopus Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Alvin again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Alvin has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Alvin add-on.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”.
3. You can either say “IPVanish” to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the “IPVanish” icon.
5. Click on “Download”.
6. Wait to “Download”.
7. Wait to “Install”.
8. Click on “Open”.
9. Input your username and password to “Log In”.
10. Click “Connect”.