In this article, we will give you a detailed installation guide and review of the iMPlayer on Firestick.
You might be on this page because you’re one of the cord-cutters hoping to replace their existing TV cable providers with a worthy substitute. Don’t worry though, we have found a reliable IPTV for you. iMPlayer is an IPTV and live TV app that lets you watch live, video on demand, and catch-up with an M3U URL or Xtreme Codes API. Unlike any other app, it offers both free and lifetime membership at a reasonable price. Since this application is not available on Amazon App Store, you first have to jailbreak and install the Downloader app on your Firestick.
How to Install iMPlayer on Firestick
- On your Firestick home screen, go to Settings.
- Choose My Fire TV.
- Navigate to Developer Options.
- Turn ON the ADB debugging and the Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Head back to Home, then click on Search.
- Type in “Downloader” then click the word from the suggested list.
- Select the Downloader icon.
- Click the Get or Download button.
- Wait for the app to install.
- Tap the Open button.
- Choose Allow.
- Click OK.
- Hover to the search engine.
- Type in https://reviewvpn.com/imp on the search engine.
- Click on Go.
- Wait for the APK to download.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the app to install.
- Select Open to launch the app.
How to Setup iMPlayer
- On the home screen, click Add Playlist.
- Log in with an M3U URL or Xtreme Codes API. (M3U URLs are quite long, so we recommend using an Xtream Code or API if available. You can search some working URLs from Google or Youtube if you do not have any.)
- Type in your account information then selects Add & Connect.
- Wait for your IPTV service to load then you’re finally up to experience streaming with iMPlayer.
iMPlayer App Features
- Classy, neat, and user-friendly interface
- Upon installing and opening the home screen, you can choose from 6 themes.
- On the home screen, you will see Add Playlist, Movies, TV series, Management Code, Restore, Themes, and Close.
- It also displays Discord, Subreddit, and website links, and MAC ID on the bottom of the page.
- Management Code: connects your external provider to give you a customized experience
- Supports MU, XML, TV, EPG URLs
- Allows you to generate links via XC Portal, use XC portal login API and stalker/MAG portal, and use HLS (M3U8) format for XC Portal Login
- Displays time and date
- Plays SD-HD quality depending on the internet speed
- Allows you to record your played video
- Comes with parental controls
- Shows channel and show genres for easy channel selection
- Customizable buttons and playback option
Note that some features are not available in the free version, and they include the following:
Premium Version Features:
- Customizable TV guide
- Manual channel sorting
- Favorite channels addition option
- Locking channels
- Rewind feature
- Recording feature
- Multiple playlist support
Most app subscriptions that exist are paid on a monthly basis. iMPlayer, fortunately, requires a lifetime membership at reasonable prices. The premium version comes at different prices depending on the number of supported devices per subscription:
- 2 devices: $18
- 3 devices: $22
- 4 devices: $25
- 5 devices: $30
To subscribe, visit their website indicated in the FAQs section of this article.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Proa and Cons
- Does not need login credentials to start entering M3U URLs
- Nice interface with great themes
- The picture in picture feature allows you to browse within the page while searching for other channels.
- Offers a 24-hour free trial
*This feature is confusing during our testing. In installing this app, there was no required signup/sign-in of account, which conflicts with the 24-hour trial as mentioned on their website. There was no prompt or information that you are only in for a trial.
- Needs to use Mouse Toggle to navigate through the app
- Needs subscription to support multiple devices and channels
- Limited supported devices (Amazon Fire TV/Firestick and Android TV)
Stream Safely and Smoothly on iMPlayer with IPVanish
Streaming with a lot of lags and buffering is quite stressful. We hate to know that you suffer, especially when you love watching. You might wonder the reasons why these things happen, and most may also be unaware of some online streaming and use facts. By using iPVanish, a VPN technology service, you can save all the stress and time, and get these benefits:
- You will have a safe and secured internet connection. Your online activities can be hidden and will allow you to access more content by replacing your ISP with an assigned IP address.
- You can use the internet anonymously without having your personal information stolen by potential hackers especially when you connect to public WiFi.
- You can bypass geo-restrictions and use your apps from any location.
- The chance of your internet being throttled by ISPs is eliminated to avoid Firestick buffering.
You will get all this online security, protection, and smooth streaming when you use IPVanish.
How to Install IPVanish on Firestick
- On the Firestick home screen, click the “Search” button on the top left corner.
- Type in “IPVanish”.
- Select “IPVanish” from the suggested list below.
- Choose “Download”.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Once the download is complete, click on the “Install” button.
- Select “Open” once installed.
- Type in your username and password.
- Choose “Connect” to start.
Step by Step Instruction to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
iMPlayer Alternative Apps
It’s inevitable to encounter some issues with app installation, playback, and functionality at times. The important thing is to always have backups, and we have reviewed some similar apps for you to enjoy on your Firestick:
These apps are only some of the few existing streaming and IPTV apps today.
You might want to check out our Best IPTV Apps for Firestick.
How does the app work?
You just have to enter your M3U URL or other supported formats mentioned in the features section of this app to start streaming on iMPlayer.
Is iMPlayer free?
Yes, it is free to download. You can stream with a single channel or URL with the free version and on only one device.
Is there a premium version?
Yes, there is. You may refer to the features section of this article to see the prices and features.
Is the app legal?
Yes, iMPlayer is 100% legal. It is not recommended to use this app with any illegal content.
Are there ads?
There are no in-app ads. The only ads that you will watch are the commercials on the TV channels.
Where can I use iMPlayer?
You can install and use iMPlayer on Amazon Fire TV/Firestick and Android TV.
Is iMPlayer supported in Android phones?
Unfortunately, it is not compatible with Android phones and tablets as of this writing.
Is there an app website?
Yes, there is a website: https://implayer.tv/. However, you cannot stream with the website. It is only for the premium subscription process, manage your account and profile settings.
After reviewing a number of IPTV and Live TV apps on Firestick, we can say that iMPlayer keeps up a strong game. Its wonderful, classy user-interface is undeniably a winner compared to similar applications. You can switch themes any time you want, and it will give you a hard time choosing among them. What we also loved about this app, among others, is its functionality. It plays the channels smoothly and perfectly especially when you use a VPN and a strong internet connection. The subscription is fairly and reasonably priced, and what we’re waiting for is for it to be available to more devices.
We hope that we have helped you to install iMPlayer on your Firestick.
Note: ReviewVPN.com is not affiliated with any App or IPTV Service nor are we endorsing or promoting any. The sole purpose of this article is for educational purposes only.