Watching TV has quickly changed over the world with the forerunner of content streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, and many more. DTH might quickly become a thing of the past and possibly it will.
Video streaming services do not only provide better and more content but also offer users a proper selection of what they want to watch. Users can select whatever they want from tons of movies, documentaries, TV shows, and more. The most recent admission in the video streaming industry is the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Amazon offers an exclusive product called the Firestick and it offers tons of services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Gaana, and many more. However, that is not the only peak of the Firestick. That’s right, you’ve guessed it! The Firestick remote now comes with Alexa Voice Control. So now you can just relax and maneuver through your Firestick device just by using your voice. It’s amazing, right?
If you are planning to get an Amazon Fire TV Stick or maybe you already have one and you don’t know how to set it up, then don’t worry. This article will guide you on how you can set up your Amazon Fire TV Stick into your TV. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and everything will be a piece of cake.
Brief History of Firestick
The Amazon Fire TV is a product of micro consoles and digital media players that was created by Amazon Inc. These devices are portable network appliances that provide digital video and audio content streamed from the web to a linked High Definition TV system. Amazon lets its users access local content as well and play video games that come with a remote control or another game console, or just by using an app remote control on other devices.
The Fire TV’s first generation featured a MIMO dual-band WiFi, 2 GB RAM, and a Bluetooth remote that has a microphone for voice search and control. The device supported a 1080p streaming resolution and a Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound, however, it was dependent on the internet connection of the users. It was later revealed to the public on April 2, 2014, the Amazon Fire TV, First Generation, was now available to be bought in the US on the same day of the release for only $99 USD and was also released with a video game entitled Sev Zero. The device’s second-generation edition was later released in 2015, putting in a 4K resolution.
In Sept. 2018, Amazon Inc. declared that the Fire TV Recast, a digital video recorder, that functions using an HD antenna, records TV shows to be watched later on an Amazon Echo Show device or a Fire TV. The Fire TV Recast was designed to use it with over-the-air TV services and it is part of the cord-cutting campaign.
How To Set Up Firestick Guide
Below is a guide that will instruct you to set up your Firestick device by using the Fire TV Stick 4K. However, these instructions are similar to the Fire TV third generation, Fire TV Cube, or other Fire TV devices.
Your Fire TV or Firestick device when bought contains the following items:
- Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
- Power Cord
- Alexa Voice Remote
- 2 Triple-A batteries
- HDMI Extender, which is not included with Fire TV.
You will need to prepare as well the following below:
- An HDTV that is compatible using an HDMI port.
- Strong internet connection.
- An active Amazon account is used for the setup.
- Remove all the items from the package and put in the two triple-A batteries in the remote.
- Plugin the power cord to an outlet and the other to your Firestick.
- Select an HDMI port and plug the Firestick device into your TV. If you possess an HDMI port that is hard to reach, then use the HDMI extender that is provided. Note: it is not advisable to use a USB port that is on your TV as the power source of your Firestick. You should only use the power adapter provided and plug it into the actual power outlet to prevent any issues with your Firestick device.
- Choose the HDMI Input with your TV remote that you have plugged into the Firestick.
- Normally, the Fire TV or Firestick will immediately detect the remote when it starts to boot. If not, you will have to pair the remote to the device itself. In order to do so, press on the Home button on the remote, and then your device will be paired. If it does not immediately function, try to use these tips to pair your Firestick remote to your device.
- When you have paired the remote to your Firestick device or Fire TV, then press on the Play button to start the setup.
- Select the language you prefer. For example, English (US) is chosen.
- Patiently wait for the Fire TV or Firestick device to finish scanning for accessible networks.
- Select your preferred WiFi network and type in your SSID and password.
- You will then be urged to sign in to your Amazon account.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
If you don’t have an Amazon account yet, you will need to have one by clicking on the “I am new to Amazon”.
On the other hand, if you already have an account that is existing, you can click on the “I already have an Amazon account”.
- Click on the Continue button.
- You will then be provided with password options for your device. This will aid you to connect to devices that are compatible. Click on the Yes button if you wish Amazon to do so.
NOTE: you can disable or enable this feature by clicking on Settings I Network > WiFi Passwords.
- You can now select to enable the Parental Controls or not. If you do, you will be required to type in a PIN before playing any media content, launch applications, and buy digital content or products from Amazon Inc.
- Next up, you will need to set up the Firestick remote provided with the added volume and power buttons. Then select the brand of TV.
- Modify the volume to sync your Firestick remote with your Firestick device by using the Volume buttons on your Firestick device. Click on the Yes button once you have chosen your preferred volume.
- A video will then start to play summarizing how to use your Fire TV or Firestick device. In order to skip, you can simply press the fast forward button on your Amazon Firestick remote.
- You can install any streaming services that you want. If you plan to jailbreak your device, then there is no need for you to install any accessible applications.
- Here, you can finally open your Firestick home screen.
- The Fire TV or Firestick Setup has now been completed. You can enjoy streaming!
Congratulations! You have successfully set up your Firestick or Fire TV device on your TV.
Why Use IPVanish With Your Firestick
There are a lot of explanations on why you must connect the IPVanish with your Firestick device.
STAY PROTECTED WITH ONLINE PRIVACY.
Clean up any of your digital fingerprints, protect yourself from any hackers while you are streaming ShowBox, Terrarium, Morpheus, Popcorn Time, and a lot more, and most importantly, increase your internet anonymity.
When you have connected to a VPN or a virtual private network, your real IP location will now be hidden with a shared IP address that is used by other users as well. So, you can simply increase your anonymity online and make your browsing activities undetectable.
MAKE ANY INTERNET CONNECTION SECURE.
Connecting to free WiFi will usually risk your personal data and information. Keep all your information secured with an encryption process, and IPVanish will deter any hackers, Internet Service Providers, and middlemen from monitoring any of your personal information and data.
From IPVanish’s app development to its customer support service, every aspect of their service is being handled properly from within. By eliminating the middlemen, IPVanish is now fully equipped to assure that your data is being protected and secured.
GET AROUND CENSORSHIP FILTERS.
Online censorship is always being used by governments, universities, and employers from multiple areas. Now you can be free from any regional restraints and explore through the entire internet as much as you want.
The IPVanish VPN owns over 1,500 anonymous servers in over 75 plus locations from around the world, giving the possibility to mask IP addresses and encrypt all your internet activities with high speeds.
STREAM & DOWNLOAD ANONYMOUSLY.
For better internet protection, you will absolutely need a VPN, you will acquire IPVanish to achieve a lot of benefits. Platforms like Kodi and Popcorn Time receive their sources from torrent websites, they may also have geographically restricted laws.
By using IPVanish, it will secure your whole internet server with its very advanced encryption system. So, no matter what kind of media platform you are using, you will always be protected and secured to access those platforms.
If you want to try out the IPVanish VPN with your Firestick, then you can simply go to their website.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
What To Do After Set-Up
- Subscribe to any of the paid streaming applications such as Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and Youtube.
- You can install any free streaming applications which include a link to an article for Downloader App, Jailbreak Firestick, and Install Firestick or Filelinked.
- Use Strix for TV shows, TV Tap Pro for Live TV, Viva TV for Movies, Spotify Premium Mod for Music, Live NetTV for sports, and Media Lounge got TV shows/Live TV/Movies/Adult Content/Sports.
- You can stream any free content and download numerous applications from third-party providers that provide the content that you can’t find on the Amazon App Store.
- Customize your entertainment by downloading any of your preferred applications.
- Open high-quality music, movies, and other media content from the top live TV applications, best adult apps for Firestick, best movie apps, and the best free apps for sports.
- You can now play the most latest online games.
- Stream any live TV with the latest news, sports events, and more different content for the entire family to enjoy.
- You may also check and try out the Kodi app, use the best Kodi builds, and the best Kodi add-ons.
What is Amazon Firestick?
Currently, the Amazon Fire TV Stick is one of the top choices when it comes to home entertainment in today’s market. Not only is it affordable to buy, but this streaming device can also be linked immediately to an HDMI port, making the Firestick a very dependable option for anyone that has limited space near the TV.
How does Amazon Firestick work?
Since Firestick is a product of Amazon, you easily stream movies and TV shows on Amazon Prime Video. However, that is not all! You can also open a wide range of other popular streaming services like Disney+, Netflix, HBO Now, and a lot more. The community of cord-cutters will be very happy to know that streaming TV services like Hulu, Sling TV, or DirecTV Now are all available on Firestick. It is also a place where you can access any content that you buy from Amazon like movies, TV shows, and, of course, music.
One of the most effective processes to fix a lot of issues with your Firestick device is to reboot your device. This will clean up the files that are temporarily stored on its storage and helps you begin afresh.
- At the main screen of your device, access the Settings tab that is at the top of the screen.
- Now scroll or look for the option that says My Fire TV.
- Here you should scroll down the page and click on the option that says Restart.
- Click on the Restart button from the pop-up that will appear on the screen. Then your Firestick will immediately reboot.
If the issue is with the Kodi app, you can check here to know how to fix Kodi Buffering.
That’s all! You have now successfully set up your Firestick device into your TV for the very first time. Now you can enjoy streaming the vast selections of media content with the support of other apps or the jailbreak method that was recommended above. We do hope that this article helped you. However, if you ever experience any problems when setting up your Amazon Fire TV Stick, feel free to share it by commenting at the comment section below this article.