How To Pair A Firestick Remote
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is an ideal way to watch your favorite movies, TV shows, and live events. However, your television won’t be that smart if you will not pair it with the FireStick remote control.
If you know how to pair your smart TV with the Amazon Fire Stick remote, you’ll be able to binge-watch your favorite movies and TV shows immediately.
To pair the Fire Stick remote with your smart TV, press the remote’s Home button for a couple of seconds. You will then see the light on top of the remote begin blinking. Then, a blue light flashes, or an on-screen notification indicates that you’ve successfully paired the devices.
Fresh from the box, the Fire Stick automatically couples with the Amazon Fire TV. All you have to do is turn your TV on and begin streaming. Nonetheless, the Fire Stick remote will intermittently ditch connection with your Amazon Fire TV, thus, you must manually pair it.
1. How to Pair the Fire Stick Remote
There are tons of cases where you need to pair the FireStick remote with the device. Let’s have a look at each scenario one by one.
2. Pair the FireStick remote during setup
When you’re setting up your FireStick after taking the device out of the box, you must pair the FireStick remote. First, you need to pair the FireStick remote so that you can maneuver via the setup process. To pair the remote during the Fire TV Stick setup, you will press the remote’s Play/Pause button.
3. Pair a replacement or new remote
If your original Fire Stick remote got damaged or stopped functioning, you should buy a replacement or a new remote.
You need to pair your new Fire Stick remote with your device before you can use it. In pairing the new or replacement Fire Stick remote, just follow the steps below:
- Unplug the Fire Stick device from the power source
- Insert the batteries in the new Fire Stick remote
- After about 60 seconds, power on the Fire TV Stick
- Wait for the Fire TV Stick home screen to load up
- There are times that the new remote automatically paired during reboot.
- If the remote hasn’t paired automatically, just hold down the FireStick remote’s HOME button for 10 to 20 seconds
- A notification on your TV displaying that you successfully paired the Fire Stick remote. If you missed the notification or not displayed on your TV, you may try using the FireStick remote to see if it’s functioning.
How to Pair Additional FireStick Remote
The Amazon FireStick allows you to use numerous remote controllers. This could be useful if your existing FireStick remote is not functioning well but you don’t want to throw it away just yet. But, you still want a better-performing FireStick remote by your side.
Follow the steps below to pair your additional remote with your Amazon FireStick:
- Head to Fire Stick home screen
- On the menu bar, choose > Settings
- Click Controllers and Bluetooth Devices
- on the next window, click the Fire TV Remotes
- Select the Add New Remote option
- The FireStick will begin looking for the new remote
- Hold down the new remote’s Home button on for a couple of seconds
- Once the FireStick discovered the new remote, press the OLD remote’s SELECT button to confirm the new remote pairing
- Try to use the new remote to check whether it has been paired
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
How To Use A Smartphone As A FireStick Remote
One of the best things about Amazon Fire Stick is that you can control it with your mobile phone, tablet, and a dedicated remote. It is a handy option for times when you can’t find your official Amazon FireStick remote.
You need a particular app to use your mobile phone or tablet as a Fire Stick remote. Even though there are a small number of choices available, the official Fire TV app is the perfect one. The app is available to download for free for iOS and Android users.
The official Fire TV app links on Wi-Fi rather than Bluetooth. Thus, you need to ensure your iOS or Android device is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as the Fire Stick.
- Turn the FireStick on, and launch the app on the mobile phone or tablet.
- Log in to your account in the official Fire TV app
- Then, the app will list the Fire Stick devices connected to the Wi-Fi network
- Click the Fire Stick you want to use
- A four-digit code will be displayed on your television
- Enter the code on your smartphone
- After you’re connected, you need to reconnect every time you utilize the app
Importance Of VPN When Streaming Online
A good Virtual Private Network or VPN service comes with tons of benefits. A VPN service allows you to access geo-blocked sites and entertainment content from across the globe, which include your favorite video streaming platforms, such as Hulu, BBC, and Netflix.
A good VPN provider will also secure your web connection, protect your internet privacy, and mask your identity, which will keep you safe from hackers or anyone who wants to record your internet activity.
You can use a VPN service to change your IP address and you’ll seem as though you are in a different country. In doing so, you need to be sure to opt for a VPN provider that provides servers in numerous locations. If it is streaming you want, it’s essential to select a VPN service with high speeds that can bypass the anti-VPN software some video streaming platforms use. Surfshark service is one of the fastest Virtual Private Networks out there and has proven over and over again that it can access Netflix, no matter how hard the video streaming service tries to keep Surfshark out.
- Strict zero-logs policy
- This VPN service has more than 2000+ servers in 70+ worldwide locations
- Connect unlimited devices simultaneously
- 256-bit AES military-grade encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Supports torrenting & P2P sharing
- Offers unlimited bandwidth, fast speeds
- Web App
Note: For more information about Surfshark, please read our Surfshark Review.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.