Touch Screen Devices usually have a toggle function for their screen orientation and it can be found when you swipe down at the upper portion of your screen.
When you turn this on, any app that runs on both orientations will automatically adapt whenever you tilt your device.
There are also applications that are playable with portrait and landscape orientation.
Some apps on the other hand just stick with the portrait orientation. For some, this is irritating because they don’t get to fully use the size of their screen in running applications.
Luckily for those who are nitpicky in this aspect, there is an application that we can use to do something about that and it is called Set Orientation.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
Installation Guide on a Firestick
Note: In order to operate Google Chrome on your firestick, you would be needing a Mouse Toggle function installed. If you haven’t installed mouse toggle yet, please follow our guide by clicking on this link.
- On the home screen, go to “Settings”.
- Select My Fire TV.
- Select Developer Options.
- Open Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Click Turn On.
- Head back to the home screen and select “Search”.
- Search Downloader and click on “Downloader”. It will appear under the keyboard.
- Choose the “Downloader app”.
- Download it.
- Choose Open.
- Select Allow.
- Choose OK.
- Type in http://reviewvpn.com/set and select Go.
- Wait for it to finish.
- Install Set Orientation.
- Select Done.
- This will automatically take you back to Downloader. Select Delete.
- Choose Delete Again.
- Head back to the home screen and under the “Your Apps & Channels” choose See All.
- Scroll down and choose Set Orientation and select the “Options”. Then select “Move to front”.
- Set Orientation will be moved forward to “Your Apps and Channels”.
- Open Set Orientation.
- There, it is now installed and ready to use.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Install Set Orientation on a Firestick with Screenshots
1. Install the Downloader app and jailbreak your firestick by enabling unknown sources. To learn more about the procedure, you may read How to Install the Downloader App and Enable Unknown Sources.
2.Open Downloader App. Type https://reviewvpn.com/set and click Go.
3. Select INSTALL.
4. Select OPEN.
5. Select INSTALL again.
6. Click on the OK button.
7. Select Allow.
8. Select INSTALL.
9. Choose OPEN.
10. Choose Automatic (full).
11. And click on OK. There, it is now installed and ready to use.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
What Does It Do?
Set Orientation is an application that forces your device to be placed in a certain orientation. Even if the app is only set to portrait, you can coax it to be put in landscape.
Set Orientation is compatible with almost all devices. You can run it on Android, Firestick, and Windows.
You can set your device to the following orientations:
- Automatic (Full)
- Landscape (Reverse)
- Landscape (Sensor)
- Portrait (Reverse)
- Portrait (Sensor)
Pros and Cons
The good thing about this app is its ability to force any device to any orientation you prefer but the only drawback it has is there is a limit to how much you can stretch out. For apps that are only playable on portrait mode, you will see that there are portions that will be stretched out and there will also be portions that cannot be stretched out. Aesthetically speaking, it is not very pleasing to the eyes but if you don’t mind as long as you view your game on a bigger screen, then feel free to use this application.
Is It Safe To Use?
Yes, it is very safe to use.
Is It Legal Or Grey?
Set Orientation is legal to use.
Should I Use A VPN?
There is no actual need for a VPN service when running this app but if you are intending to use an app that requires both a VPN and Set Orientation, you can always turn on your VPN because it doesn’t interfere with Set Orientation’s performance. If you are new to this kind of thing and are in need of a VPN service, you can follow our step-by-step guide by clicking on this link.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Is It Free?
Yes, it is free to download and install on your device.
Are There ADS?
No ads whatsoever.
Is There A Premium Version?
No, there is no premium version.
Is There An Official Website?
There is no known official website for Set Orientation.
What Other Devices Does It Work On?
Any device that runs on the Android OS is compatible with Set Orientation.
How Does The App Work?
You can go to http://reviewvpn.com/set to download the APK.
Minimum Version Required
Any Android device that has version 4.1 and above
How Long Has It Been Around?
According to Google search results, the oldest post regarding Set Orientation can be dated back to the year 2014. Not much is know because it doesn’t have an official website.
What Is The Development Team Like?
Just like the official website being out of reach, we could not find anything regarding the developer of this particular application.
- Rotation Control
- Screen Rotation Control
- Control Screen Orientation
Set Orientation is a pretty basic app that you can use to change the orientation of your device. Beyond that, it is pretty straightforward and nothing much can be done with it. It is useful when you want apps that operate on portrait mode to be changed to landscape. At the end of the day, it will depend on you if you need an app like this on your device.
We hope that this article helped you in installing Set Orientation on your device. Should you have queries, feel free to leave a comment below and contact us at any of our other social media platforms. Thank you for reading and stay safe!