Is it any Good?
Helix is a relatively new IPTV provider which has been receiving good reviews for its stability and pricing. They offer a number of paid packages which allows you to choose regionally between over 6,500+ channels.
They offer a massive choice of channels and honestly the number of Videos on Demand (VOD) can be quite overwhelming at first.
Helix also has one of the biggest ranges of adult channels for an IPTV provider, giving you a choice of over 100 channels to watch.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Disclaimer: ReviewVPN does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not host the applications and addons mentioned herein and all material presented on the site is for educational purposes only.
What Does it Do?
Helix IPTV delivers paid cable channels from all around the world. You can choose from 5 different packages:
UK Helix – 7 Euros Per Month
Choose from a wide range of UK content only, doesn’t include Pay Per View and 3PM (Live Premier League Football
US/CA Helix – 7 Euros Per Month
Content from the US and Canada only. Include Fox, NBC Sports, local US, and Canada TV Channels, as well as PPV and 3PM
Single Helix – 9.50 Euros Per Month
Includes all content from UK, US, and Canada as well as Video on Demand
Double Helix – 10.50 Euros Per Month
Content from UK, US, Canada as well as all international channels and VOD
Triple Helix – 11.50 Euros Per Month
All content as well as Adult channels
All packages are for 1 connection only, but you can purchase up to 3 additional connections for the Single, Double, and Triple Helix packages. Each additional connection costs an added 5.75 Euros per month.
Also, packages are discounted, if bought as a quarterly, biannual or annual package.
Discounts work out about the following
Quarterly – 10% discount
Biannual – 20% discount
Yearly – 33% discount
What Platforms Does it Work on?
One of the biggest plusses for Helix is that it seems to work on almost anything:
- Perfect Player
- Smart IPTV
- 6,500+ channels from 50+ countries
- Good Electronic Programming Guide (EPG)
- Minimal Lag
- Good uptime for almost all channels
- Easily navigate channels by groups i.e. Sports, Adult, etc.
- 100+ adult channels including 24/7 streams
- HD channels available
- Compatible with a wide range of Operating Systems
- Compatible with VPNs
- Good customer service which will reply within hours if you raise a ticket
- Keep up to date with announcements through their Twitter feed
- EPG automatically updates regularly
- Reasonably priced
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, Helix TV is widely used and pretty popular. There have been quite a few positive reviews posted on Reddit, and they have been going since September 2018 if their Twitter is anything to go by.
Is it Legal or Grey?
It’s a gray area but not by much. Like with all Live TV providers they are streaming content which is clearly meant for a particular country or provider. So, it is certainly not legal or being given by the consent of the TV producers. Which is why we recommend that you use a VPN.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We think its best to use Helix IPTV with a VPN for a number of reasons:
- If you are wanting to watch international channels, then you may be restricted by your geographic location. Say for example you wanted to watch the NFL in the US, from the UK. Helix may provide a channel to watch but your service will be blocked if your IP is found to originate from the UK. Using a VPN, you can alter your IP address to a server in the US from your VPN provider.
- Your Internet Service Provider will actively be looking for connections that have a high amount of data usage and are accessing content that is suspect or could be illegal. Your connection may then be flagged, those IP’s distributing the content blocked and your internet may be slowed down, leading to greater lag and longer buffering
- A VPN can afford you absolute privacy and anonymity depending on your provider. Using a Tier 1 Provider like IPVanish will allow you to remain untraceable with not even your ISP able to discern where your traffic is going, as your data will be encrypted using military-grade 256-bit AES encryption.
Note – We recommend installing an active VPN on your device before using any IPTV service. This is to keep your information private as many of the IPTV providers don’t have a legal license to some of the channels they offer. We recommend IPVANISH VPN.
Screenshots with Step by Step Instruction to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Is it Free?
Helix IPTV isn’t free, a number of reviews refer to a 1 Euro trial for 48 hours, but we weren’t able to find it on their website at this time.
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
There are no adverts served within the application, though adverts will be served in the channels, depending on the channel provider. This has no relation to Helix.
Is There a Premium Version?
Yes, there are 5 premium subscriptions, covered in detail at the start of this article.
Is There an Official Website?
What Other Devices Does it Work on?
Helix works on a wide range of devices and there are a number of set up guides provided on the website.
With helix, just download and install following the setup guides provided
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Based on their Twitter page, since September 2018
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
We couldn’t get any information about the team, but they seem super responsive to support tickets, and also their Twitter feed is a nice touch for ongoing updates.
If you are looking for a free alternative then you can plum for Mobdro or Red Box, which have about 1000 channels apiece. But it’s worth saying the quality and range of channels available is never going to compare for a paid service.
The biggest paid IPTV service is Player’s Klub which offers 2,500+ channels, mainly based around the US, UK, and Canada for around $8 a month.
Helix is solid and impressive. The reviews consistently say that its well-priced, and the programming is stable. The development team seems to be highly responsive and we think this a great intro IPTV premium player for anyone looking to experiment and wanting better quality than free providers can give.