This article will teach you how to install Freeview on your Amazon Firestick.
Freeview on Firestick is a great way to watch live shows, programs, and movies from the United Kingdom for free. It allows you to view over 300,000 hours of live and on-demand TV from the most popular VOD services such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, and All 4.
It also gives you free access to 95% of the country’s most popular television so whether you’re looking for comedy, drama, entertainment, factual, sport, or children’s programming, Freeview on Firestick has it all.
Big networks like BBC One and Channel 4 are also available on the Freeview App on Firestick and many of their shows are available for live streaming. You can even save your favorite shows to your favorites list and set a reminder so you don’t miss any of your favorite live channels’ episodes.
So now, let’s get started on setting it up on your device.
Installation Guide on Firestick
If you’re still using the older version of your Firestick, you can learn how to upgrade it by reading this article: Update Firestick Interface.
To begin, if your Firestick has not yet been jailbroken, follow the simple steps below to jailbreak it to install Freeview on your device:
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your Right. Click Setting (Gear Wheel Icon).
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
Then, after jailbreaking your Firestick, you’ll need to download the Downloader app to sideload Freeview. This app, which is easily available on the Amazon App Store, allows you to download APK files.
1. Click Home, click FIND.
2. Click Search.
3. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the Downloader icon
5. Click Download
6. Click on Open.
7. Click on Allow.
8. You will be asked to enter a download link. Type in “https://reviewvpn.com/frv” and select Go.
9. Depending on your internet connection, the APK will take a few seconds to download.
10. After that, choose Install.
11. Then click Open.
12. For users from the United States, as well as those from countries other than the United Kingdom, you will need to connect to your VPN provider to bypass geo-restrictions, as it will ask to detect your region or use your location’s postcode.
Freeview APK Download for Android Devices
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted by Archive.org
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
- Offers free live TV channels from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My 5, UKTV Play, and STV Player
- Channel availability would depend on geographic location and coverage
- The On-Demand section is available
- Provides a Guide section for show schedule
- Has a search function to make finding your favorite TV shows/channels easy
- Allows users to enable the display of both TV and Radio channels in the Guide section
- Set a reminder when your favorite shows are scheduled to air
- Double tapping a channel will add it to your favorites
- Sign up for their newsletter to receive the best of the upcoming week’s TV schedule delivered to your inbox every Friday
- Top up with subscription streaming services such as Netflix, NOW, and Prime Video
- BBC iPlayer
- ITV Hub
- All 4
- My 5
- UKTV Play
- STV Player
- BAFTAs on Freeview
- Pride Month on Freeview
- Drama & Soaps
Pros and Cons
- Free live TV for your Firestick device
- You can add content by topping up with your favorite streaming sites.
- There is a lot of on-demand content as well as live television
- Geo-restricted to the UK
- You’ll need a mouse toggle to use the app
- To watch catch-up and on-demand content, you’ll need at least 2Mbps of internet
- The app is quite hard to use on the Firestick
Stream Safely With A VPN
Apart from the fact that you’ll need a VPN to bypass geo-restrictions and access Freeview content from outside the UK, a VPN like IPVanish will provide you with many other advantages. The first is the security it provides against online threats such as hackers and phishers that hide in the shadows, waiting for the perfect opportunity to steal your personal information. Second, avoid ISP throttling when streaming your favorite live TV channels, which will prevent you from experiencing lags and buffering. Aside from that, you’ll also have unlimited bandwidth, allowing you to stream your favorite channels endlessly using apps like Freeview.
Other advantages of using IPVanish include the following:
- 256-bit encryption will safeguard all your data traffic and information
- Connect to unlimited devices with just one subscription
- Sync and secure 500GB of data with IPVanish’s VPN + Storage
- Lowest VPN rate but doesn’t compromise its services
- Helps you maintain your online anonymity for daily internet activities
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
What is Freeview?
Freeview is a digital terrestrial television service in the United Kingdom that seeks to provide the best available television programming for free. It contains around 70 SD channels and 15 HD channels, but the channels you receive while using the app are determined by your location. Simply enter your postcode while setting up the app on your Firestick, and Freeview will immediately provide you with the channels after the setup is complete. It also allows you to view on-demand shows from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5, and UKTV Play.
Is Freeview safe?
Yes, it is safe, however for a more secure streaming experience, we always advise our readers to use a VPN such as IPVanish when streaming live TV channels on their Firestick device.
Is Freeview free?
Yes, Freeview is free to download and use on your Firestick device.
Is there a need for registration?
There is no need to register to use the app, but you will be asked for your postcode, so be prepared.
Freeview is a good app for watching free live channels from the United Kingdom. It’s simple to install and set up, but anyone outside the United Kingdom will need to use a VPN. What I like about it is that it automatically produces channels that are appropriate for your location, ensuring that you always have the best channels to keep you informed about what’s going on in your area.
Thank you for reading our article on how to install Freeview on your Firestick device. We hope we were able to help you in getting it set up on your Firestick so you can begin watching your favorite live channels.