In this article, we will be teaching you how to zoom out your Firestick device.
If you’re reading this, it’s possible that you mistakenly zoomed in on your Firestick device and don’t know how to zoom it out again. You may have hit a button on your Firestick remote or clicked on a function that zoomed in on your screen without your knowledge.
Even if it doesn’t happen often, we completely understand because most of us have experienced an accidental zoom in or out on any of our gadgets, whether it’s a laptop, tablet, or television. Fortunately, we’ve found ways on how to help you in resolving this issue with the Firestick.
All you’ll need is a remote control because these methods are so simple and people of any age can easily follow through. So, let’s start with assisting you in zooming out your Firestick so you can resume binge-watching or browsing your favorite app or website.
Why Do You Need to Zoom Out
When your Firestick is stuck in zoom-in mode, it is uncomfortable and inconvenient for the user to watch or browse anything. It affects the user’s streaming experience because part of the screen is covered or they can’t access certain commands because that side of the TV is missing. As a result, you won’t be able to get the most out of your Firestick device, which may cause you to use it less or maybe stop using it altogether.
And so to help with this, you’ll need to learn how to zoom out your Firestick in case something like accidental zooming in occurs. This will allow you to restore your Firestick’s default scaling, or you can set it to your chosen screen zoom. Aside from that, you won’t have any more trouble navigating through Firestick because there’s nothing worse than not being able to view the entire TV screen.
So with those being said, I strongly advise you to continue and learn how to zoom out your Firestick so that you may enjoy the best streaming and browsing service available on the device.
How to Zoom Out on Firestick
We’ll show you a few different ways to zoom out on your Firestick device so you can figure out which method works best for your device and which is the most convenient for you:
By Calibrating Display on the Firestick Settings
The first method is the most simple way to adjust the scale of your screen. I’ve set this as the first option because this method is easily accessible through the Firestick Settings. You can follow the guide below to help you through this setting:
- On the Amazon Firestick Home screen, go to Settings.
- Click on Display & Sounds.
- Go to Display.
- Choose Calibrate Display.
- It will prompt you to adjust your display just by pressing the Up and Down button on your Firestick remote.
- Once you’ve found the best fit on your screen, click on Accept.
- It will then go back to Display settings.
- Just click the back button on your Firestick remote 3 more times and you’re back to the Homescreen.
- Check if your adjustment perfectly fits your preferred viewing. If not, you may easily adjust the calibration settings by repeating the procedure given above.
- Enjoy browsing or streaming on your Firestick.
By Using Kodi
Just in case the first method didn’t work for you, there’s another option which is through the Kodi app. If your Firestick unexpectedly zoomed in while using the Kodi app, or if you’re just a big Kodi fan, the app has a feature that lets you zoom in and out. And like the first method, it’s also simple to execute.
However, if you don’t have the Kodi app yet on your Firestick, then you will need to download and install it on your device. You can do so by following the instructions below:
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
How To Install Kodi on Firestick
To begin, if your Firestick has not yet been jailbroken, follow the simple steps below to jailbreak it to install Film App on your device:
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your Right. Click Setting (Gear Wheel Icon).
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
Then, after jailbreaking your Firestick, you’ll need to download the Downloader app to sideload. This app, which is easily available on the Amazon App Store, allows you to download APK files.
6. Click Home, click FIND.
7. Click Search.
8. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
9. Click on the Downloader Icon.
10. Click Download.
11. Click on Open.
12. Click on Allow.
13. You will be asked to enter a download link. Type in “https://kodi.tv/download” and select Go.
14. Scroll down to Select your Platform and choose Android.
15. Click on the Android icon.
16. Choose the 32-bit ARM version (ARMV7A) and wait for the download to finish.
17. Click Install.
18. Then choose Open.
19. A pop-up will appear stating that Kodi requires you to access your media and files to function, just click on Continue.
20. Click Allow.
21. Now that you are in the Kodi app, you can find the gear icon on the upper left part of the app, just click on it.
22. On the System menu, go to Interface.
22. Then find the Zoom option.
23. Click on it to Zoom out. You can use the left and right buttons on your Firestick remote to Zoom In and Out and reach your desired display calibration.
25. Unless you’ll be using Kodi to watch and listen to your favorite movies, TV shows, and music, just click on the Home button on your Firestick remote to go back to the Homescreen.
26. You can now enjoy your Firestick with the right screen scale.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
By Using the Screen Magnifier Feature
This third and last method is through Amazon’s new accessibility feature for individuals with low eyesight which is the Screen Magnifier feature. If your screen is zoomed in and you can see an orange border frame on your screen then it means that the Screen Magnifier is on.
The good part about this feature is that it’s simple to fix and navigate with your Firestick remote. You can use the instructions below to begin zooming out your Firestick, as well as how to easily pan your device:
- To turn on the Screen Magnifier, hold the Back and Fast Forward buttons on your Firestick remote simultaneously for 5 seconds
- Then hold the Menu button and press Play and to Enable/Disable the zoom
You could also use another method, such as this:
- Press and hold the Menu button then the Rewind button on your remote to zoom out. While you can zoom in by pressing the Menu button and the Fast Forward button
The Screen Magnifier may also be used to pan your device while zoomed. You can do so with this:
- Press and hold the Menu button then the Ring button to pan down up, down, left, and right
Secure your Internet Connection With a VPN
The Firestick gives you access to a lot of stuff online, both paid and free, which is why it’s the best streaming device you can get for a reasonable price. There are numerous apps available for download and installation through the App Store or sideloading that provide unlimited access to movies, TV shows, live TV, games, and much more. However, just because you have the freedom to access everything on the internet doesn’t mean you should compromise your online security. These unlimited accesses do not imply that they provide security; in fact, certain apps or websites may log your data and sell it to advertising companies, or worse, contains viruses like malware.
Fortunately, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) exist. A VPN, such as IPVanish, can help you conceal your data and prevent third-party servers from tracking and logging your activity. IPvanish helps you with the use of the following security measures:
- AES-256 bit military-grade encryption will safeguard all the incoming and outgoing traffic from your device
- Its kill switch feature will automatically disconnect your device from the internet once your VPN connection is accidentally interrupted
- Split tunneling allows you to send some of your traffic through a VPN tunnel that is encrypted
Other Benefits of IPVanish:
- Allows you to access geo-restricted content by giving you access to over 40,000 anonymous IP addresses from 75+ locations
- Avoid ISP throttling and prevent your connection from slowing down
- Get unlimited bandwidth so you can access and download any content that you want online without the fear of reaching your data cap
- Secure up to 500GB of data with a VPN + Storage service
- Unlimited simultaneous connections can be protected with just a single subscription
- Offers 30 days money-back guarantee should you wish to discontinue usage of IPVanish service
- 24/7 live chat support is available to answer your queries any time of the day
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”.
3. You can either say “IPVanish” to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the “IPVanish” icon.
5. Click on “Download”.
6. Wait to “Download”.
7. Wait to “Install”.
8. Click on “Open”.
9. Input your username and password to “Log In”.
10. Click “Connect”.
How do you zoom out of Firestick?
On the Firestick, you may zoom out by calibrating the display in the Firestick Settings, using Kodi, or utilizing the Screen Magnifier feature.
How to zoom out on Firestick remote?
Fortunately, all the methods that we included in this article for zooming out can be used with a Firestick remote.
What is the easiest method on how to get Firestick out of zoom mode?
Personally, the easiest method on how to get firestick out of zoom mode is by calibrating the display in the Firestick’s settings.
Are these Zoom out methods safe?
Yes, they are safe since these commands are simply on the Firestick settings. However, we always recommend our readers to use an IPVanish, especially when using apps such as Kodi.
Are these Zoom out methods legal?
Yes, these ways on how to fix this issue on the Firestick are legal.
Do these methods really work on zooming out my Firestick?
Yes, we can guarantee that all of the methods we’ve provided in this article have been thoroughly tried as of this writing and are functioning successfully. You only have to choose which option is the most convenient for you, or you can try them all to find the best solution to this problem if it occurs again.
Like you, I’ve previously experienced unintentional zooming in on my Firestick device, which made me feel a little stressed out as I tried to figure out how to fix it right away. Luckily few options can help you zoom in and out your Firestick device with just the use of your Firestick remote. One can even be simply done by calibrating the display in the main setting of your Firestick device. However, it’s still best to have a few more options just in case the usual and easiest way is not available or doesn’t work on your device.
Thank you for reaching the end of this article. We hope we were able to help you in zooming out your Firestick device and that you were able to find the simplest way for you to fix this issue if ever this happens again.