In this article, I’ll be teaching you how to check if your Firestick Remote battery is low.
The Firestick remote is a little device that allows us to access a large number of online activities on the Firestick which includes streaming and browsing. And with that, we always want to make sure that our remote is in good working condition and that its battery won’t die while we’re engaged in the show we’re watching.
So, what better way to do this than to check the battery percentage? There aren’t many tools that will allow you to acquire this data, but there is a way to do it on your Firestick device. So now you won’t have to worry about the battery suddenly dying because you can check its status from time to time to be prepared and know when it needs to be replaced.
Let’s get started by downloading an app from the Amazon App Store that will allow you to do so.
Developer Tools Menu Installation Guide on Firestick
Developer Tools Menu is an official app on the Amazon App Store so you can directly download the app without having to jailbreak your Firestick. For the steps on how to install it on your Firestick device, you may follow the guide below:
- On the Home screen, Go to “Find”.
- Then scroll down and click on “Search”.
- You may use the Alexa voice command or simply type in “Developer Tools Menu”.
- Tap on the icon of the application to download.
- Select “Get”.
- Then wait for the app to be installed.
- Once done, click “Open” to launch the app.
- After the app launches, you can find “System X-Ray” at the top of the menu and toggle it on.
- The system will then show data about your Display, CPU, Memory, Network, and Remote. The battery status of your Firestick Remote is displayed in the upper right corner.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
What Details Does Developer Tool Menu Provide for your Firestick Remote?
Although the Developer Tools Menu only displays a few details about your Firestick device, it still provides the following important information that you need to know about your battery.
The serial number of your Firestick remote is shown in vertical text. You can also use this to verify if the detected Firestick remote by the app is yours.
This displays the percentage of your Firestick remote’s battery life. Aside from that, you can see how good your battery is by looking at the color of the bar:
Green – This indicates that your battery is still in its optimal condition
Orange – This means you won’t have to worry about replacing your batteries anytime soon because they’re still in good shape
Red – This implies that your battery is nearing the end of its usage and that you will need to replace it soon
While this is difficult to detect, it will most likely display “UKN” which means unknown.
How Do You Exit From Developer Tools Menu?
You’ll probably notice that the System X-Ray results are still visible on your screen even if you’ve already quit the app. And surprisingly, it will still be there even if your Firestick is already in Standby mode. But don’t worry since it’s simple to stop the app from displaying these results on your screen. Just go back to the Developer Tools Menu app and toggle off System X-Ray. Now you can finally go back to streaming and browsing without any screen disruptions.
Why Do You Need To Check Firestick Remote’s Battery Health?
The main purpose for checking your battery percentage is to keep track of its life and be prepared to replace it when it runs out. The worst-case scenario is for your battery to die at an unexpected time or in an inconvenient location.
Aside from that, you can avoid buying extra batteries under the impression that you require a replacement when, in fact, your remote is already broken. You can save both money and time if you can identify what you need to purchase.
Safely Access The Internet With a VPN
If you don’t already use a VPN service, you’re probably missing out on half of your life. A Virtual Private Network (VPN), such as SurfShark, helps you protect your online identity so you can stream and use the internet without risking your safety. It works by providing you with an anonymous IP address that allows you to hide your data from anyone on the internet while also providing you with a list of benefits which includes:
- Ability to bypass censorships and access geo-restricted contents, apps, and websites anytime and anywhere
- Never have to worry about exceeding your data limits because you’ll have unlimited bandwidth. You can download and stream any content you want for as long as you want with SurfShark.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections will ensure that all your devices are safe with a 256-bit encryption
- Protect your information from prying eyes, as well as hackers and phishers
- Hides your online activity from your ISP to avoid ISP throttling and connection slowdown
Click here to get the lowest price on SurfShark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
I like this feature of the Developer Tools Menu app since it is hard to find a tool that will enable you to see the percentage of your battery. Now you won’t be left guessing or wondering when your battery will suddenly run out. It will help you avoid scenarios where it is late at night at home and your remote suddenly stops working and you are at a loss for what to do. Aside from that, it will also help determine whether your remote is still fully functional since the performance of the remote can be defined by both the device and the battery.
Thank you for reaching the end of this article. We hope that we were able to help you in checking the battery percentage of your Firestick remote. To add up, you can also use the Developer Tools Menu app to check the battery life of other batteries compatible with your Firestick remote.