Exodus not Working
Exodus and Exodus Redux are the two popular Third-Party Kodi addons that allow people to watch videos, live shows, or media content online. Although there is a robust developer team behind the addons, Kodi users still have to face numerous streaming issues that can lead to Exodus not working.
So you’ve just watched the next episode of your much-liked TV series on Kodi, and then suddenly Exodus is not working. Kodi was working and you’ve done nothing that could have caused the issue, thus it’s all a bit impossible to understand. Not to mention extremely frustrating.
However, here are a few solutions that have helped numerous Kodi users fix their Exodus not working problems. Kodi users may not try them all but just read all the way down these fixes until you find the perfect one for you.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any IPTV services.
Update the Exodus Add-on
Your first port of call when Exodus is not working should always be to update it. This is a 2-step process:
The first thing you should do when Exodus is not working is to update the add-on. This is a two-step process – Uninstall Exodus and Reinstall Exodus’ latest version
- Uninstall Exodus
- Launch Kodi
- Click Add-ons > click the package icon
- Then click My add-ons
- Select Video Add-ons, then click Exodus
- Then click Uninstall
- Click Yes
- The Exodus add-on will then uninstall
- Once you complete the uninstallation process, you will need to reinstall Exodus’ latest version.
- Reinstall Exodus’ latest version
- After you successfully uninstalled Exodus, install the latest version of Exodus in Kodi.
- Download the Kodi Zip File from a trusted website
- Launch Kodi > click Add-ons > click the Package icon
- Choose install from zip file
- Choose the downloaded zip file by browsing to the spot where you saved it
- You may then see a notification saying – Kodi Add-on install
- Click Install from the repository
- Select Video add-ons and choose Exodus
- Click the Install button
- The download will finish if you see the notification – Exodus Add-on installed
- After you successfully reinstalled Exodus add-on, launch Kodi to see if it is fixed
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Clear Exodus’ Cache
When Exodus Kodi add-on is not working properly, the reason could be the cached data as well as providers’ stored list of particular titles. This could be likely the No stream available error, or the TV show or video content is buffering. Thus, clearing the cache as well as the providers within Kodi add-on may solve the issue:
- Click Add-ons > My add-ons
- Then click Video add-ons > Exodus > and then click Tools
- Select Clear Providers
- Click Yes to confirm
- Click Clear Cache
- Choose Yes to confirm
- Restart to find out if the issue is fixed
Use a VPN
If Kodi users are having trouble with Exodus not working properly on their device and in particular, if the No stream available error appears – their Internet Service Providers or ISPs may have blocked Kodi videos.
To fix this issue, Kodi users should use a Virtual Private Network. Using a VPN service will hide the video, so Internet Service Providers will not recognize it as a Kodi video, then, users can stream it.
To find a Virtual Private Network provider, search VPN service in the browser, then choose the VPN provider with the best reputation.
Why Use a Vpn When Streaming On the Internet
One of the major reasons why people are using VPN services in recent years is because of server switching. In other words, people may be accessing the web from Canada, but with a VPN service, they can choose a U.S. server so it looks like they’re linking from there instead. This is usually used to bypass geo-restricted content. Numerous streaming services provide various types of media content based on various regions. If your best-loved show on Netflix is available in Canada but not in the United States, then using a VPN service to switch to a Canadian server will allow you to access your favorite show.
When Kodi users are utilizing movie apps like Kodi add-ons to watch movies and TV shows, it is important that they never allow their ISPs to track whatever they are streaming. A VPN will encrypt all the information that runs through the Kodi box. A VPN service will also pass personal information via the VPN server and will be placed in any location of the world. Thus, ISPs will be prevented from tracking all content as well as sources of your web traffic.
The truth is that people’s location largely affects the media content that they are able to watch or download, especially streaming live TV. Numerous channels and programs have geo-restrictions in particular countries and this restricts the amount of media content that people can access. A VPN service will portray people’s location as though they are in a different country, which means that people can stream geo-restricted content and get access to more content.
However, VPN is not only becoming a more popular scheme in 2020, but it is also modifying the way that streaming platforms work. Streaming services are reconsidering the significance of geo-restrictions as well as licenses. Geo-restricted content used to be an easy source of profit, but it appears to be like a shell game that is making an effort to indelibly put the client at a disadvantage.
Best VPNs for Streaming
- IPVanish – functions with all Kodi add-ons; 30-day free trial; Fire TV Stick native application for instant setup; It has a kill switch for extra privacy and security; No user logs and no IP address leaks; Has a total of 2,000 servers, and 40,000 IPVanish IP addresses in 70+ locations to choose from
- NordVPN – A robust choice for Kodi users; it has a dedicated Fire TV Stick app; free for 30 days; Unlimited and anonymous peer-to-peer (P2P) or torrenting; Zero log policy and no IP address leaks; You can connect securely to more than 50 countries
- CyberGhost – provides excellent speeds and advanced privacy features; It has a dedicated Fire TV Stick application; 45-day free trial; Unlimited and anonymous peer-to-peer (P2P) or torrenting; Without user logs and IP address leaks; You can connect securely to more than 90 countries
- Private Internet Access – A trusted and established VPN service with blistering speeds and rock-solid privacy features. It includes an Ad-blocker.
- Surf Shark – Fast VPN streamlined for novices. It has robust encryption and privacy features.
How to Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download IPVanish directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find IPVanish with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.