This article will provide you a detailed installation guide and review of the DuplexPlay app on your Firestick, Android, and Windows devices.
DuplexPlay, also known as Duplex IPTV, is a general media player and IPTV in one app. If you have lots of multimedia files in different formats or you have a wide range of URL sources for streaming, then it is one of the most user-friendly apps that you can download. It does not include any playlist and you have to upload your own to use this app. Before you can use DuplexPlay, it is necessary to jailbreak and install the Downloader app on your Firestick first.
How to Install DuplexPlay App on Firestick
- On your Firestick home screen, go to Settings.
- Choose My Fire TV.
- Navigate to Developer Options.
- Turn ON the ADB debugging and the Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Head back to Home, then click on Search.
- Type in “Downloader” then click the word from the suggested list.
- Select the Downloader icon.
- Click the Get or Download button.
- Wait for the app to install.
- Tap the Open button.
- Choose Allow.
- Click OK.
- Hover to the search engine.
- Type in https://reviewvpn.com/apt on the search engine.
- Click on Go.
- Wait for the APK to download.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the app to install.
- Select Open to launch the Aptoide TV app.
- Click on the Search button.
- Type in “DuplexPlay”.
- Choose “Install”.
- Once the download is complete, select “Install”.
- You can now sign in with your account to start.
Guide on how to Install SeriesGuide app on Firestick with Screenshot
- Scroll to Settings from the home screen.
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Source.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
6. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
7. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
8. Click on the Downloader icon
9. Click Download
10. Click on Open
11. Click on Allow.
12. Type https://reviewvpn.com/apt and click Go.
13. Wait for a few minutes for the app to finish download.
14. Click Install.
15. Select Open to launch the Aptoide TV app.
16. Click on the Search button.
17. Type in “DuplexPlay”, then select Next.
18. Click DuplexPlay app.
19. Choose “Install”.
20. Wait for it to download.
21. Once the download is complete, select “Install”.
22. Click Open.
23. You can now sign in with your account to start.
How to Install DuplexPlay on Android and Windows
- Open Google Play Store (Android) or Microsoft Windows Store (Windows) from your selected device.
- Search for “DuplexPlay”.
- Choose “Download” or “Install”.
- Confirm download.
- Wait for the download to install.
- You can now open and enjoy DuplexPlay on your devices.
DuplexPlay App Features
- Clean user-friendly interface with a blue background.
- Displays clock on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Shows playlists, recordings, Favorites manager, settings, refresh page option, and activation tabs.
- Comes with a premium version after the 7-day free trial: activation of $0.99 for 6 months and $1.99 for one year.
- To manage a playlist, you either have to enter an existing TV subscription or enter the Device ID and Device Key flashed on the screen on Edit.DuplexPlay.com.
- Allows you to add playlists online or from local storage.
- Supports Avi, Mkv, asf, WMV, mp4, MOV, 3gp, vro, mpg, MPEG, ts, tp, trp, Flv, VOB, svi, m2ts, mts, Divx MPEG- 4, MPEG-TS, and more formats.
- Customizes time format.
- Interchangeable language, background, and thumbnail cover image quality.
- Customizable startup list options (show playlist, play last watched, or favorite).
- Allows you to show or hide recent items, sample playlist, watched indicator, and ratings on the home screen.
- Lets you set a device PIN that can be used to remove unwanted playlists.
- Lock/unlock playlist option.
- Backup and restore option.
- Parental control option.
- Video player settings include adjustment of default sound and brightness level and aspect ratio.
- Allows you to choose playback end options to stop, go back to the previous page, replay, or play next.
- Customizable keys mapping.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Pros and Cons
- User-friendly interface
- Customizable video and in-app settings
- Media player and IPTV in one app
- Supports a wide range of file formats
- No built-in channels – needs to login with your TV provider or external playlists with URL to navigate.
Why Use DuplexPlay with IPVanish
To enjoy more powerful and limitless streaming with DuplexPlay, we highly recommend using and installing a VPN service such as IPVanish. This will give you essential benefits when you use your favorite apps:
- Access to your app anywhere by masking your IP address and make it look like you are streaming in an allowed location
- Anti-detection of anti-VPN technology by refreshing IP address regularly
- Protected identity to stay anonymous online where your Internet Service Provider (ISP) can’t track you online or limit your streaming speed
- Secured personal information even when connected to public WiFI networks
- Log-free browsing to ensure hackers will not steal your sensitive data by encrypting your internet data, preventing hackers, advertisers, and data thieves
You will get all the online security and protection when you use IPVanish.
How to Install IPVanish on Firestick
- On the Firestick home screen, click the “Search” button on the top left corner.
- Type in “IPVanish”.
- Select “IPVanish” from the suggested list below.
- Choose “Download”.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Once the download is complete, click on the “Install” button.
- Select “Open” once installed.
- Type in your username and password.
- Choose “Connect” to start.
Step by Step Instruction to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
How to Install IPVanish on Android
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Select the Google Play search box, and type in “IPVanish”.
- Select IPVanish from the results and tap the “Install” button.
- After the app is installed, tap the “Open” button.
- When you open the app, you will be redirected to the IPVanish login screen. Here, enter your IPVanish username and password.
- Tap the “Login” button to finally log into IPVanish.
- Select either “Begin Tutorial” to learn more about the IPVanish app, or if you are already familiar with the app, simply tap the “Skip” option.
- You will now see the Quick Connect screen. Select your preferred country, city, and server below the Quick Connect Preferences section.
- Tap the “Connect” button.
- Select OK when the Connection request pops up to authorize IPVanish to connect and route your internet traffic through VPN servers.
- From this screen, you can now see the Connection Status, IP Address, Location, Time Connected, and the Server to which you are connected from this screen.
To confirm if you are already connected via an IPVanish server, you will see a graph displaying the connection status and the DISCONNECT button displayed on the bottom of the screen.
DuplexPlay Alternative Apps
If DuplexPlay is not working, you may check out our reviewed alternative apps:
You might also like to know more IPTV apps from our list of Best IPTV Apps for Firestick.
Is DuplexPlay free?
Yes, it is free for the first 7 days of installation.
Is the app legal?
Yes, DuplexPlay is 100% legal.
Is there a premium version?
Yes, there is a premium version for DuplexPlay after the 7-day free trial. See the features section of this article.
Where can I use DuplexPlay?
You can download and use it on Amazon Fire TV/Firestick, Android mobile and tablets, Android TV, Windows, Xbox One, LG TV, and Samsung Smart TV.
Is there an app website?
Yes, there is a DuplexPlay website where you can see the app features and also installation guides for compatible devices. Visit them at https://www.duplexplay.com/.
There is nothing very unique with this DuplexPlay but we liked its clean, nice, and friendly user interface. A lot of similar apps are available over the internet. Compared to these, it comes with a much cheaper price than the paid ones. However, there are also free media players that can already support internet content through entering links. If you are after the smooth performance and nice user interface, then Duplex Play or Duplex IPTV is a great addition to your device.
We hope that this write-up has helped you install and use DuplexPlay on your Firestick, Android, and Windows devices.
Note: ReviewVPN.com is not affiliated with any App or IPTV Service nor are we endorsing or promoting any. The sole purpose of this article is for educational purposes only.