In this article, I will be showing you a list of the Best Video Players for Firestick, Android, and iOS devices.
Smart devices have evolved into the most adaptable method for daily use.
Nowadays, you can do almost anything with your device because it has become indispensable for both business and leisure.
Since media streaming has become versatile thanks to the use of smart devices, you can now browse, view, and play audio from anywhere and at any time.
Video streaming services have also gained popularity at a faster pace than television did in the 1960s, so you’ll need a reliable media player app to keep up with your digital life.
So here, we’ve listed down some of the best video players that we’ve tried and checked before publishing.
Best Video Players Lists
MX Player is a popular free media player for Android, Windows, iOS, Mac, and Amazon Fire devices, with over 500 million downloads. It reproduces Full-HD and 4K/Ultra HD videos while also reading, editing, and syncing subtitles. It can read and edit subtitles in SSA/ASS, SMI, SRT, SUB, MPL, TXT, PJS, and VTT file extensions and supports all video and subtitle file formats, including MP4, WMV, MKV, AVI, 3GP.
- Hardware acceleration with the help of new HW+ decoder
- Multi-core decoding is 70% better than single-core devices
- Pinch or expand to zoom in and out, and pan across the screen
- Subtitle gestures
- MX File Sharing includes music, video, photos, files, and apps
- Kids Lock
- Move files to a new folder
VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player, which has been around since 2001, is one of the most popular cross-platform media players. It can play all types of video and audio files, as well as network streams, shares and drives, and DVD ISOs. It works on Fire TV, Windows, Linux, Unix, iOS, and Android, among other platforms. It’s also totally free, with no spyware, premium features, advertisements, or user monitoring.
- Supports all formats including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, TS, Ogg, AAC, FLAC, Wv, and M2TS files
- Most codecs like MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, and MP3 are also supported without the need for codec packs
- Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices, and Streams are all supported
- Fast-hardware decoding
- Advanced control for video, subtitle, synchronization, video, and audio filters
- Has a media library for audio and video files
- Multi-track audio and subtitle gestures
- Widget for audio control
XPlayer is one of the best media players since it can play all video formats, including 4K/ultra HD video files, in high definition. It is an all-in-one media player that supports MKV, MP4, M4V, AVI, MOV, 3GP, FLV, WMV, RMVB, and TS video formats. It also recognizes all video files on your device and SD card, making managing and sharing videos even easier. In addition, XPlayer has a security feature that allows you to limit access to specific videos, preventing other users from watching your videos when using your computer.
- HD Player with speed control lets you change media speed from 1.5 to 2.0
- The floating video player allows you to watch videos on pop-up window, split-screen, or background so you can still use other apps
- Multi playback option includes auto-rotation, aspect-ratio, and screen-lock
- Hardware acceleration
- Conveniently cast videos to your Android TV with Chromecast
- Control brightness and sounds on the playback screen
- Create a private folder for the security of your videos
Vimu is a powerful media player for Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Google TV. It helps you to stream media directly to your TV from a Windows, Mac, Linux, or NAS/Router device. It supports file formats such as MKV, AVI, MP4, MOV, TS, WMV, FLV, MPTS, DIVX, MP3, JPEG, 3GP, VOB, FLAC, and ALAC and uses standard protocols such as SMB, UPnP/DLNA, and NFS. Alarms, Android, DCIM, Download, Downloader, Movies, Music, Notifications, Pictures, Podcasts, and Ringtones are all stored on the device’s internal storage.
- Hardware decoding up to 4k (HEVC/VP9)
- Works as UPnP Renderer (DLNA receiver)
- Android TV Picture-in-Picture mode support (7.0+)
- Internal storage, SD cards, and USB drives are available for navigation and playback.
- Navigation and playback from SMB, UPnP/DLNA, WebDAV, and NFS servers.
- Pass-through of AC3, EAC3, and DTS on Android TV
- MKV, MP4 in SSA/ASS, SRT, DVBSub, and VOBSub formats are all supported
- Streaming (progressive download) from HTTP/HTTPS sources
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Install Surfshark on Firestick
Lime Player is a multimedia player developed by the Lime Player Team for Android. It’s a lightweight app that can play almost any standard video format, including High Definition (HD) and 4K resolution videos. It features advanced hardware acceleration with the help of the HW+ decoder, making it one of the fastest and smoothest video players on the market. It supports video formats such as MP3, AVI, AAC, WAV, MP4, MOV, RMVB, WMV, 3GP, FLAC, MKV, M4V, MPG, TS, and FLV.
- Simple and easy to navigate User Interface
- Play all video files
- Hardware acceleration helps you to play videos in HD with no buffer or lags
- It is a lightweight app so it will only consume a small space on your device
- Subtitle support includes formats such as VobSub, MicroDVD, SubRip, SubViewer2.0, Teletext, TMPlayer, WebVTT, PJS, DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks, MPL2(.mpl), SubStation Alpha with full styling, and SAMI with Ruby tag support
- It is 100% free without the need for a premium subscription
Wuffy Media Player
Wuffy Media Player is a free media player that can play almost any kind of media file as well as network streaming protocols. DIVX, FLV, M3U8, MKV, MOV, MP3, MP4, MPG, MTS, Ogg, RM, RMVP, TS, WMV, ACC, AC3, AMR, H263, H264, HEVC, MPEG2, MPEG4, SPEEX, and VP9 are among the supported media formats. It also includes an internal HW+ decoder, which speeds up and smooths out playback.
- Media library for audio and video files
- Hardware acceleration
- Multi-core CPU decoding
- Multi-track audio and subtitles
- Screen settings include automatic screen rotation and adjustment of volume and brightness
YesPlayer is a video player for Amazon Fire TV, Android, iOS, Android TV, Apple TV, and Windows PC that supports several formats such as MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, AVI, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, and AAC. It also lets you load subtitles in different formats such as VTT, SRT, SSA, TTML, SBV, DFXP, and TXT.
- Easy to use
- It is lightweight so it wouldn’t take up much from your storage
- Automatically syncs all the videos you have stored on your device
- It plays HD quality videos and sounds
- Allows network stream
- Option to zoom in or full-screen
TPlayer is a lightweight and fast video player that allows you to enjoy music and videos. It’s a simple media player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support, as well as versatile audio and video decoding capabilities. Videos in AVI, H.264, MPEG4, MP4, 3GP, M4V, MKV, FLV, MOV, and audio in DTS, AAC, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, WAV, Vorbis, M4A, ALAC, and APE formats can be played.
- Supports all formats including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv, and AAC.
- Multi-track audio and subtitle support
- Allows you to play videos, audio files, and network streams
- Auto-rotation and aspect-ratio adjustments
- Gestures to control brightness, volume, and seeking
- Auto syncs video files from your device and SD card
With OttPlayer, you can watch IPTV on your Android, iOS, Smart TV, NetCast, and WebOS devices. To improve your video viewing experience, it allows you to compile videos into a single playlist, change channel order, and obtain an electronic program guide.
- Play videos and audio across multi-platforms
- Playlist management allows you to upload and edit playlists, add or delete channels, and adjust channel order
- Supports protocols such as HLS, RTSP, TS by UDP, RTMP
- Playlist support using M3U/M3U8, XML, and XSPF
- Allows you to select video scale (fit to screen, stretch, crop)
- Receive EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
SO Player is a video player app that works well with Amazon Fire TV, Fire Cube, Firestick, AndroidTV, AppleTV, Nvidia Shield, Android, iOS, Mac, Mag Box, and Windows PC. It’s a user-friendly video player that’s completely customizable and uses cutting-edge codec playback and protection technologies. It manages radios, live channels, catch-up TV, Electronic Programming Guides, and video-on-demand content.
- Simple User Interface
- Serves as a media content library
- Has a file size of 17.5MB
- Fully customizable to provide audience’s video streaming needs
- The EPG (Electronic Program Guide) tab provides a detailed overview of the schedules and programs available.
- Log-in is required
- Rewind and fast forward live TV
- Video quality will depend on ISP
Perfect Player is an external media player that allows you to watch IPTV on different platforms in a variety of formats. It can also be used to watch videos from your library, making it a versatile video player. It also supports several languages and automatically scales the OSD.
- IPTV Data Server Integration
- Automatic OSD Scaling
- Udpxy (UDP-TO-HTTP proxy) Compatible
- Provides EPG (Electronic Program Guide) List
- Local files watching for SD Card and USB
- Multiple Language Support (29 Languages)
- Supports playlist and EPG formats such as M3U, XSPF, XMLTV and JTV
XCIPTV Player is an Android video player with a basic user interface for easy navigation. It is simple to use, completely customizable, and brandable for OTT service providers. No third-party apps or players are needed because it has built-in ExoPlayer and VLC players with adaptive HLS streaming.
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) supported
- Manage different panel types such as Xtream Codes API, EZ HomeTech, API, and M3U URL
- Settings can be backed up, restored, and synced through various devices.
- Provides Favorites section for your favorite TV, videos, and series
- Shows video on demand (VOD) including IMDb rating
- Recordings can be scheduled for internal or external storage (DVR)
- Built-in VPN support and speed test
Stream Safely With A VPN
You should always be aware that your connection is not private when downloading or accessing public content online. And as a result, attackers can be able to access information stored on your accounts, such as passwords, messages, and credit cards, using your IP address. To hide these details, you’ll need a VPN (Virtual Private Network) like Surfshark, which will give you an anonymous IP address and encrypt your connection to give you complete online anonymity. Aside from that, it gives you the following detailed benefits:
- Connect to 3200+ servers in 65 countries
- No logs and no IP address leaks
- AES 256-bit encryptions will safeguard your personal information
- Get an unlimited data cap so you can download and stream all the content that you want
- Speed up your internet connection and avoid lags and buffers
- Prevents malware and ransomware
- Have unlimited simultaneous connections from different devices
- Access geo-restricted content by connecting to an anonymous IP address from 75 countries
- Retains your internet activity hidden from your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Note: For more information about Surfshark, please read our Surfshark Review.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
Install Surfshark on Firestick
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
You can download a lot of free video players from the Appstore or the Downloader app (if you are using a Firestick). The majority of them compete for a wide range of installations by offering a smoother and higher-quality video streaming experience. But what I like most about video players is that they allow you to access a variety of file formats from a single app, and you can even integrate them with your favorite IPTV or movie services for more convenient audio and video playing.
Thank you for reading this far and trusting us to be your source for the best video players for Firestick, Android, iOS, and other platforms. We hope we were able to help you in finding the best video streaming service that fits your preferences.