In this article, we will be listing down the best legal utility apps that you can download on the Amazon Appstore for your Firestick device.
As a Firestick owner, you might be looking for some useful apps to help enhance your streaming experience. There are thousands of different types of Firestick apps on the Amazon Appstore that you can install.
There are apps for movies and live streaming, games, social media apps, and other utilities that can improve your daily “entertainment” experience. The Amazon Appstore is more than just a place to get free apps, you can also use it to download and install useful applications.
While the Firestick has a lot of really good paid and free apps, one thing that is frequently overlooked is the great free legal utility apps that can be downloaded and used. And, with all of the stuff we access on Firestick, we’ll need some legal utility apps to keep us safe when streaming. And if you’re anything like me, you’ll surely want to download some of the best legal utility apps to your Firestick device.
List of Best Utility Apps
This application is just what you’ve been looking for if you’ve ever wanted to download files from the internet onto your Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Edition television. Users can easily download files onto their devices using Downloader App from any file hosting website or via direct file links on the internet. You can also type in a website URL, which will be converted into a link that you can easily click with your remote. After that, the files will be extracted and downloaded to your device.
Amazon Rating: 4.2/5
- Free to download and use
- No ads are present
- Simply type in the URL of any internet file and download it to your device
- Allows you to use the app to access, install, remove, and manage files
- The app on your Fire TV device can be navigate using the remote or controller
- It has a built-in web browser that lets you download files to your device
Amazon Silk – Web Browser
Amazon Silk – Web Browser allows you to visit your favorite websites, watch videos, view live events, and a lot more on your Fire devices. The Amazon Silk browser is design to make browsing much easier and is optimized for speed and performance. And even though it’s been out for a little while, Silk remains a different kind of browser and that can be appealing depending on what you’re looking for in a web browsing experience.
Amazon Rating: 4.1/5
- Lets you easily search the internet on your Firestick and Fire TV devices
- You can simply use your remote or the Alexa voice command to search for and control websites
- Allows you to watch videos from streaming sites on your fire devices from the comfort of your own home.
- Bookmark sites and save a password for easier accessing your favorite websites and content
Surfshark hosts one of the largest VPN networks available on the market, boasting over 40,000 anonymous IP addresses from 2,000 servers in 75 locations worldwide. By allowing you to choose from a large number of IP addresses, Surfshark allows for better anonymity online. With shared IPs on every continent, you can have the peace of mind to enjoy your VPN subscription without any worry about being tracked.
Amazon Rating: 4/5
- Split-tunneling makes it possible to route some internet traffic through the VPN and other traffic outside the tunnel
- There are no logs and no IP address leaks, ensuring that none of your information is kept or sold to other parties.
- Uses AES-256 encryption which is used by many governments to protect sensitive information and is considered unbreakable by modern computing technology
- Connection protocols include OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, and IKEv2
- Offers 24/7 customer support via live chat, email, and phone
Monthly Plan – $10.99/month
Yearly Plan – $3.75/month
ES File Explorer Manager
ES File Explorer (File Manager) is a free Android app that allows you to manage and access all of your local files, network folders, and cloud storage services with ease. It manages the music, movies, apps, images, documents, and network on your device. It also comes with a cleaner that removes residual junk and obsolete APKs from your device, allowing it to run faster.
Amazon Rating: 3.9/5
- It comes with a free one-week trial period
- The built-in cleaner will help you in deleting junk and obsolete APKs
- Lets you access and store files on your cloud drive
- You can view the history of your download files using the Logger feature
- Allows you to cast audio and video from your mobile device to your television
- In transfer and the cloud, 128-bit encryption is used to protect your privacy from prying eyes
- Zip files can be compressed and extracted
Monthly subscription – $9.99
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Background Apps and Process List
The Background Apps and Process List app for Android is a simple but effective way to clean up apps that are running in the background of your device. Aside from that, apps running in the background on your device can eat up your RAM, and using too much memory can slow down your device. Background Apps and Process List helps in preventing apps from eating up RAM and notifies you when any apps are consuming CPU or RAM in the background.
Amazon Rating: 4.2/5
- Allows you to close all apps at once
- You’ll be able to change the layout of your apps on the screen
- Ensures that your device’s RAM and processing power are maintained
- Shows all installed apps as well as any apps that are open in the background
- The app includes Firebase crash reporting
- Forces background apps that aren’t in use to close, making your Firestick run faster.
Speed Test WiFi Analyzer EXPERT
Speed Test WiFi Analyzer is a great software application that can help you in diagnosing issues with your internet connection. This application will assist you in determining the network speed and connections available for downloading. The tool measures the speed of your internet connection at each location and is adaptable to different types of internet connections. When the software is first started, it will automatically check the speed, and it will continue to monitor the speed specified in the settings.
Amazon Rating: 4.1/5
- Includes speed test for Internet or iPerf3
- Analyze the coverage of wireless networks in a home, a business, or a venue
- Shows detailed network performance statistics both for the entire network and for each location
- WiFi scanner and channel maps (inc. beacon signal IE decodes)
- Detects all devices connected to the network through WiFi and/or Ethernet
- Provides detailed information about every device
Internet Speed Test App
As the name describes it rightly, the Internet Speed Test App is used for speed testing your internet connection made via Amazon Firestick. The good thing about this app is that it uses unique features to test your internet speed, which can be extremely useful when troubleshooting network problems. It would also help you to test your internet speed over WiFi or any other wired connection, making the Internet Speed Test App a must-have for Amazon Firestick users.
Amazon Rating: 4.1/5
- With just one tap of a button, you can get a quick and easy report on your internet performance
- Shows Download Speed, Upload Speed, Quality of videos that you can stream, Ping, and Jitter
- In less than a minute, the immediate result will be displayed
- There’s a tab where you can see all of your speed test results
- You can check your internet connection’s average speed
Security Tool for Fire Tabs & TV (Securza)
The Security Tool for Fire Tabs and TV provides the necessary tools for monitoring, blocking, and deleting tracks that have been left behind. It smartly scans your device and deletes unnecessary junk files, caches, and residual files that continue to eat up storage space. Securza frees up space while also improving the performance of Fire Tabs and TV.
It also offers a free lifetime VPN service that allows you to browse the internet anonymously, access blocked content and protects yourself from online advertisers, intruders, and snoopers. Security Tool for Fire Tabs and TV is a device and app manager that keeps your TV and tablets clean, safe, and secure.
Amazon Rating: 3.9/5
- It has a VPN connection built-in
- Before scanning, the device name, device memory, memory occupied, total apps, and total files are displayed
- Deletes unnecessary log, tmp, visible cache, and trash files to free up storage
- Fixes issues found to make your device run more smoothly, quickly, and efficiently
*Includes Trash Cleaning, Corpse files cleaning, Obsolete APK flies cleaning, Memory Optimization, and Unlocks Lifetime VON
Quarterly Plan – $3.89/month
Yearly Plan – $4.89/month
X-plore File Manager
X-plore is an advanced dual-pane file manager for the Android platform that enables you to copy, move, delete, rename and zip your files efficiently and effectively. Xplore features a tree view of the files and folders in your storage devices, LAN, FTP servers, and cloud storage. The app also includes Zip support, so you can create and unzip .zip files with ease. In addition to this, X-plore works with cloud storage solutions such as Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox.
Amazon Rating: 4.1/5
- Disk Map will allow you to see which files are taking up the most space on your hard drive
- Share allows you to send files from any location via Bluetooth, email, or any other process supported by the device.
- Cloud storage access includes Google Drive, OneDrive, Mega.co, Dropbox, Yandex.disk, Webdav, and others
- Installed applications can be viewed, run, copied, shared, uninstalled, and further explored using its simple app manager
- Allows Wifi File Sharing so you can access files from one Android device to another
- Lets you view APK files as ZIP
- Batch rename option is allowed
Should I Use These Apps With a VPN?
Malicious hackers often go to great lengths to steal our personal information and use it for their gain. The only way to truly protect ourselves from this threat when accessing content online is through a Virtual Private Network (VPN) such as Surfshark.
To protect you and your data from prying eyes and hackers, Surfshark encrypts your network traffic and hides your true location. You can maintain your online anonymity and keep your online activity private by using an anonymous IP address from over 3200+ servers in 65 countries
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
What is a utility application?
A utility application is software that helps in the analysis, configuration, optimization, and maintenance of a device. It includes services such as antivirus, backup, disk repair, file management, security, and networking programs that are use to support a device.
Are utility apps safe?
Yes, utility apps are safe to install and use on your Firestick device.
Are utility apps legal?
The apps mentioned in this article can all be found in the Amazon Appstore. This means that these utility apps are all verified and legal.
Are utility apps free?
You can find free and paid utility applications on the Amazon Appstore but the ones that we include in this article are free apps that you can download and install on your Firestick device.
Do utility apps need registration?
Some utility apps mention in this article would need to sign-up if you’ll be upgrading your subscription. But all of them do not need registration for the free version.
The Amazon Appstore has a lot of great legal utility apps that you can download for free. All of these amazing apps are available to use on your Firestick device, from downloader apps to VPNs, speed tests, and file managers. What’s great about these apps is that they’re all legal, so you won’t have to be concern about your safety while using them.
Thank you for reaching the end of this article. We hope we were able to provide you with the best legal utility apps that you can download on your Firestick device. Enjoy!