In this article, we will discuss the best ways to jailbreak your Firestick.
The Amazon Firestick became very famous throughout the years. At first, its main purpose is to provide entertainment from paid applications like Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix. Kodi on the other hand said its goodbye to the Amazon App Store last 2015. Since then, people are craving free experiences from Firestick.
Some applications are not available in the Amazon app store. These are third-party apps. To install these apps, you need to jailbreak your firestick first.
You will then have to use an APK Downloader app to complete the process of installation. This is very easy since the Downloader app is an official application. You can directly install it on your device.
But before anything else, it is very important to look after your safety. Since you will be dealing with third-party applications, we suggest using a VPN. A premium VPN like Surfshark works well with Firestick and is the best VPN for streaming.
Importance of Jailbreaking Firestick
The term Jailbreak the Firestick sounds a tad bit techy don’t you think?
To set the record straight, Jailbreak just means hacking the Firestick. This is in no way damaging or detrimental to your Firestick.
What it does is open up the boundary that inhibits your Firestick from installing applications from third-party sources. Having said that, to enjoy unlimited and free content, you need to Jailbreak the Firestick.
This process will also give you access to the Best Firestick Apps.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Is It Legal To Jailbreak Firestick?
Well, despite how it sounds, it is legal to jailbreak Firestick.
The process of jailbreaking your Firestick is both Safe and Legal. But we can ask ourselves again after the process of jailbreaking. If you are going to stream copyrighted content then this could be illegal.
Here are the proofs why Jailbreaking Firestick is Legal:
- It is not the same as hacking a mobile phone or jailbreaking an iOS device.
- Jailbreaking does not mean root-accessing your Firestick device.
- You have all the rights to do whatever to your Firestick device, so you Jailbreak it any time you want.
- This process does not make changes to the system file of the operating system of your Firestick.
So to set it straight, jailbreaking Firestick is legal but the third-party apps that you will install may contain copyrighted content. You have to be cautious, and always keep in mind that you should never come across some boundaries about the legality of copyright ownership.
Best Ways to Jailbreak Firestick
Jailbreaking your Firestick is not that hard. You don’t have to be a tech expert to do it. Just follow the following steps and ways and you will enjoy streaming in no time.
- Install a VPN on Your Firestick – We suggest using Surfshark. Surfshark is the best VPN for streaming. It provides safety, encryption, and destroys geo-restriction so you can access content outside of your region. You can also use one Surfshark account on many devices at once.
- Enable ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources – This is the simple and easy step of Jailbreaking your Firestick. We will show you the detailed steps later.
- Install the Downloader App – This is the app that will help you install third-party applications to your device.
- Download the Aptoide TV app Using Downloader – Aptoide TV is an app that serves as an app store to install third-party applications.
- Install Kodi from Aptoide TV – You can easily install one of the most popular streaming apps today which is Kodi using Aptoide TV.
- Installing the Latest Version of Kodi using Downloader -The version of Kodi on Apoide is not the latest version, we will show you how you can install the latest version of Kodi using the Downloader app.
- Connect Your VPN to a US Server – Whatever app you choose to stream, most of its content is only available in the US. But with Surfshark you can select a city or country that you would like to connect with.
- Login to Kodi – You can now install Kodi by Jailbreaking Firestick and enjoy all of its content with the help of Surfshark.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Enable ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your Right. Click Setting (Gear Wheel Icon)
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
Take Note: You can also consider disabling some firestick settings to hinder Amazon from monitoring your streaming activities. Follow this article, Firestick Setting that You Need to Disable, to know more.
Learn also about the Best Firestick Settings to Boost Your Streaming Experience.
Install the Downloader App on Firestick
1. From the Home page, click FIND.
2. Click Search.
3. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the Downloader icon
5. Click Download
6. Click on Open.
7. Click on Allow.
Install the Aptoide TV Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app.
2. Type in https://reviewvpn.com/apt and click Go.
3. Wait for the app to be downloaded.
4. Choose Install.
5. Wait for the app to be installed
6. Select Open.
7. Click OK.
8. Choose Allow.
9. You are now at the home page of the Aptoide TV app.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Install Kodi Using Aptoide TV App
You can choose whichever app you like to install from Aptoide TV. For this example, we are going to show you how to install one of the most popular streaming apps today, Kodi.
Please take note that the version of Kodi available on the Aptoide TV is not updated. It is still in version 17.2 Krypton. Later we will show you how to install the latest version of Kodi using the Downloader app.
1. Launch the Aptoide app and click on the big magnifying glass icon on the upper left part of the screen,
2. Click on the search bar.
3. Type the name of the app that you would like to install. In this case, we will type Kodi. Click Next.
4. Click on the result for Kodi.
5. Select Install.
6. Wait for the app to be downloaded.
7. Choose to Install one more time.
8. Wait for the installation process to be complete.
9. Then click Open.
Install The Latest Version of Kodi on Your Firestick
If you want the latest version of Kodi, follow the steps below:
1. Launch the Downloader app
2. Type in https://kodi.tv/download and click Go.
3. Scroll down and select which type of device you are using. In the case of Amazon Firestick, it falls under Android.
4.Click on the 32-bit ARM version in the middle between Google Play and 64-bit ARM
5. Wait for the app to be downloaded.
6. Click Install.
7. Once the app is already installed, you can now choose Open to launch it and the latest version of Kodi will appear.
Grab your subscription now!
Connect Your VPN to a US Server
1. Open IPVanish, input your username and password to log in.
2. Select the best server for the United States, and click Connect.
Login to Kodi
You can definitely learn more about Kodi by reading these article:
What are the features of a jailbroken Firestick?
Once the jailbreak process is done, the Firestick will allow you to watch anything for free by using Kodi and the streaming apps we mentioned above.
Is it ok to jailbreak a Firestick 4k?
Yes, stream with your heart’s content.
Featured Channels on a Firestick that is jailbroken
The most popular channels once you install a Live TV app.
Do I have to pay for anything?
Yes, that would be your internet connection.
Is it legal to use a Jailbroken Firestick?
Totally. As long as you are not streaming copyrighted content.
Is the jailbreak permanent?
No, you can always undo it by reversing the process we have stated above.
Is it ok to purchase a Jailbroken for sale Firestick on eBay?
No, these have a huge markup. Besides, the jailbreaking process is easy and you can do it on your own.
What is the Downloader App?
The Downloader app is an app that serves also as a browser where you can search and install third-party applications for your Amazon Firestick.
Is Downloader App Legal?
Downloader is actually an official amazon app. This is a good indication that Downloader is 100% legal.
Is Downloader App Safe?
We tested the app using Virus Total and found no threat. This is to prove that the Downloader app is safe to use.
What devices can I Install Downloader?
You can actually install Downloader on Firestick, Android devices, Google Chromecast, and many more.
How to Jailbreak Firestick?
You need to enable unknown sources to jailbreak your firestick. This process was shown in the above procedure.
Can I Jailbreak Firestick Without an Amazon Account?
No. In the first place, you will need an Amazon account to set up your firestick You won’t be able to jailbreak a firestick that is not yet set up.
Jailbreaking your firestick entitles you to install third-party apps. As we said above, be cautious in installing apps with copyrighted content. With this you can also look for the best firestick apps, best Kodi builds, and best Kodi addons that work well with a Jailbroken Firestick.
Personally, jailbreaking a firestick is one of the first things to do in setting up a new firestick. This is also a part of the best firestick settings and the settings that you need to disable while setting up.
We hope that this article was able to help you Jailbreak your Firestick device easily.