In this article, we will be tackling the Best Firestick Browser, Amazon Silk Browser.
We will also give you the best Silk Browser Alternatives so that you have other options.
The Silk Browser was tailor-made for Amazon Devices, which is comprised of the Firestick and other Fire Devices.
Previously, internet browsers must be sideloaded from the Downloader application. In any case, presently, we can download the Amazon Silk Browser from the Amazon App store directly.
Web browsers will allow your Firestick to download APKs that are not readily available at the Amazon App Store. You can install the Best Firestick Apps onto the Firestick or watch with the Best Free Movie Websites and Best Free TV Show Websites.
We will show you how to install Amazon Silk and highlight its features as we go along.
Tutorial on Installing Silk on Firestick
1. From the main screen of your Firestick, click once to the left to access the search function.
2.Type in Silk Browser and choose this item that appears on the results.
3. Click on the Silk Browser Icon.
4. Choose Download
5. Wait for the installation to finish.
6. Select Open to launch the browser.
7. You can now start browsing using Amazon Silk Browser.
8. Take it for a test run and type in the URL Box https://reviewvpn.com/best-filelinked-codes/ and select Go.
9. There you go, you can now browse on the Firestick using Silk Web Browser.
How to Use Silk Browser on Firestick
The best way to use the Silk browser is to stream videos online. For example, you can watch the latest movies by referring to this article:
You can watch the latest episodes of your favorite TV Shows with this guide:
Stream Safely with a VPN
As we always say, stream responsibly by using a premium VPN service like IPVanish. Here are the reasons why:
- Stream Anonymously. Your online activities will never be traced back to you.
- Access Geo-Locked content.
- It is the best solution to Firestick Buffering.
- Solve Kodi Buffering Issues.
- Prevent ISP Throttling which results in lags and buffering.
How to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
- Once you open your Firestick, click once to the left to gain access to the search button.
- Type in IPVANISH
- Select IPVANISH
- Choose Download
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the download to finish.
- After the download finished, click on Install
- Once it finishes installing, select Open
- Type in your username and password
- Choose Connect.
- There you go, you can now stream or download content.
Note: Grab the Best IPVANISH Deal now!
Install IPVanish on Firesticks with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Silk Browser Features
Allows you to bookmark a website for easy access in the future.
In this section, you can choose how you want the browser to look like. Either Desktop View or Site View.
If you want private browsing, this feature will help you out. This is very helpful when you are trying to access rated SPG content.
Under the Menu, you can do the following actions:
Clear History and Data
Clear out your browsing history and delete data to improve the performance of the browser.
Adjust the speed of your cursor and scrolling. There are a total of 5 speeds:
In this section, you can customize the cursor speed, pairing, passwords, addresses/more, Privacy, Accessibility, Parental Controls, and Advanced.
This portion will help you file a complaint. There are options on what you are having trouble with. Check one and then click on “Send Feedback”
Help and Support
Upon clicking on this, you will be redirected to Amazon’s website. You can search for more solutions here if you are having issues with the Silk Web Browser.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Pros and Cons
- Easy Navigation. You do not need Mouse Toggle to browse through the interface.
- It does not allow pop-ups to suddenly show up. It will ask you if you want to stay on the page or leave.
- Incognito mode helps you with privacy most especially if you are trying to stream adult content.
- It cannot download files and APKs.
Mozilla Firefox dominated the web browsers game back in the early 2000s. It was sought after by millions of internet users because of the features it has that the internet explorer lacked.
Today, it is still one of the leading internet browsers and we suspect that it will stay that way for a long time.
Aside from the Silk Browser, Firefox has a built-in mouse that allows you to navigate through its interface very easily. Also, it has a Turbo Mode that automatically blocks annoying ads and trackers. With this feature on, you will never be pestered by ads and pop-ups which are common when you are streaming on movie and TV Show websites.
It is compatible with most touchscreen devices and other smart TVs.
Follow this guide to install Firefox on the Firestick:
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say Firefox to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the Firefox icon.
4. Click on Download.
5. Select Keep Turbo Mode Enabled.
6. Click on the “Ok, got it” button.
7. Select Not now
8. There you go, Firefox is now installed on your Firestick.
FYI, the version of Firefox that comes from the Amazon App Store does not have the ability to download files and APKs. If you prefer the version that allows downloads, please refer to this guide:
The browsers that will be featured in this section can only be installed with a jailbroken Firestick. If your Firestick is not yet jailbroken, please follow this tutorial:
After Jailbreaking the Firestick, you will also need to install another browser called Downloader. This will allow you to sideload apps that are not available on the Amazon App Store. You can follow this guide to do so:
Duck Duck Go
Duck Duck Go is one of the best browsers for Firestick because it provides a safe browsing experience by prohibiting trackers.
It also informs you regarding a website’s rating. The grades are rated alphabetically with A being the highest.
Duck Duck Go Browser also provides information on what it has blocked. This is essential to browsing as it will give you information on what sites are harmful to your device.
Duck Duck Go may seem simple but it packs a punch when it comes to supplying a safe browsing and streaming experience.
- Automatic URL Box Pop-up.
- Clicking on a thumbnail is easy.
- Can Download files and APKs
- Navigation is not so smooth.
- Playing a video on streaming sites is quite difficult.
- Requires Mouse Toggle.
- Response Time is slow.
Brave Browser prevents intrusive ads and protects your device from trackers you get from the websites you visit.
This browser affords you an extra wall of defense against anything malicious that will cause harm to your device and prevent trackers from getting your private data.
- Masks your IP Address.
- It does not reveal your browsing history.
- Allows you to browse anonymously.
- Protects you against malware and viruses.
- It allows you to purchase premium content via its rewards system.
- The browser is very informative and provides useful insights.
- Mouse Toggle is required to click on search results, play videos, and close ads.
- There are quite a few pop-ups when you are accessing streaming sites.
- Takes too much time to play a video.
Google Chrome is probably the most used web browser today. It works well with touchscreen devices, laptops, and PCs.
The only problem with it is it was not designed for the Firestick. Navigation is easy but when you want to click on something, you will need Mouse Toggle.
The good thing about it is that you can download files and APKs to install third-party applications.
- Can Download APKs
- Mouse Toggle is required to use the URL Box, click on thumbnails, and enter full screen for streaming websites.
- The remote is not responding well when you are going to watch using free streaming sites.
How to Open Web Browser in Amazon Firestick?
This is easy. Once you have installed Silk Browser, you can easily locate it under “Your Apps and Channels”. One trick is to long-press the home button, once the menu appears, you can click on “Apps” and locate the icon that says “Internet”. Click on it to launch the Silk Browser. That is how you open a web browser in Amazon Firestick.
How To Connect To The Internet on Firestick
Go to settings>Network>Choose your wifi connection>Input password and click on connect.
That’s it. Your Firestick is now connected to the Internet.
Can I Add Chrome Extension on Firestick?
Unfortunately, no. This is only applicable to the windows version.
What is the best Firestick Browser?
In our honest opinion, the Silk Browser is the best. Mozilla Firefox comes on second.
The Amazon Silk browser is an amazing tool that will allow you to stream content online for free. Just be cautious about the type of content you are going to stream. Always remember to use a VPN to keep yourself protected.
It is our sincerest hope that our article provides the necessary information on how to install the Best Browser for Firestick. The crown belongs to Amazon Silk Browser.
If you have any suggestions or queries, please feel free to comment down below.
Thank you for reading and stay safe. Wear your mask.
Best Silk Browser Options: