This article will show you how to install and watch PBS on Firestick.
The meaning of PBS is Public Broadcasting Service. PBS is an American broadcaster television program whose primary focus is educational content. It is a non-profitable organization that the people fund. PBS offers 350 channels that are mostly educational such as documentaries, iconic series, award-winning films, local channels, and more.
PBS offers an official Amazon app that you can install directly on your device. It is only available if you are in the US. Aside from this, you can also stream on the official website of PBS. We will show you 2 methods on how you can stream PBS on your Firestick device.
PBS is an official Amazon app, which means you don’t need to jailbreak your Firestick and use the Downloader app to install it. If you are using the PBS website, you need a browser like Amazon Silk Browser to stream on it. Just make sure to use a reliable VPN service to destroy geo-restrictions.
How to Install the PBS App on Firestick (Video)
How to Install the PBS App on Firestick
1. From your home screen, go to Find. Scroll down to Search and type MovieArk app
2. Search for the PBS app
3. Click the icon of the app
4. Select Get or Download to install the app. Wait for the app to be installed
How to Activate Your Account on PBS
- Take note of the provided code when you open the app
- Using any browser, go to https://www.pbs.org/activate/
- Type the provided activation code
- Log in to an account using email, or Facebook.
- You will then see the success note saying that your device is activated
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Watch PBS on FireStick Using Silk Browser
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Click on Find.
3. Tap on the Search tab.
4. Type in Silk Browser and choose the item that appears on the results.
5. Click on the Silk Browser Icon.
6. Choose Download.
7. Silk Browser is Downloading into your Firestick.
8. The Silk Browser app will Install on Firestick.
9. Select Open to launch the browser.
10. You can now start using Amazon Silk Browser.
11. Type in: “https://www.pbs.org” then click GO.
12. Tap on Cancel then Click Okay.
13. That’s it! Enjoy!
Stream Safely With A VPN
PBS is geo-restricted. Geo-restriction is one of the common problems that viewers face. Most apps, websites, features, and content are not accessible or vary depending on location. One good example is Netflix. Netflix offers a different set of content in the US compared to other countries. You can bypass geo-restrictions when you use a Virtual Private Network or VPN.
A VPN is a tool that can connect you to a different server which can help you access or unblock different platforms anonymously. This means that there are no trackers that can profile you and locate you. All you need to do is to choose the best VPN that can unblock all streaming platforms.
Surfshark VPN is the best VPN for streaming. This VPN is on of the few VPNs that can bypass geo-restrictions and unblock popular streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and many more. You can definitely unblock PBS wherever you are located.
Surfshark VPN has thousands of available servers from different locations. This way, you will hide your identity ad has a new one that is secured. Surfshark is also the best when it comes to security. As a great VPN, Surfshark offers top-notch, military-grade VPN protocols that can secure the user’s information from any online threats and trackers. Read our SurfShark review to know more about this amazing VPN.
Other SurfShark Features
- 3200 servers available in 100+ countries
- Best VPN for torrenting
- Destroys geo-restriction
- Dedicated IP
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Cloud Storage
- P2P friendly VPN
- SOCKS5 Proxy
- Allows Torrenting
- Kill Switch
- Split Tunneling
- DNS Leak Protection
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
For more details about this VPN, read our SurfShark review.
Grab your subscription now!
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App Store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate toward the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You Own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here for the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
What is PBS?
PBS is a Public funded non-profitable organization that provides educational programs.
Is PBS legal?
ReviewVPN.com cannot determine the legality of any app or website. This article is for educational purposes only. To make sure that you are safe from any legal matters regarding the apps and websites you are using, use a VPN service like Surfshark.
Is PBS safe?
We tested the PBS website on Virus Total and we found no malicious or suspicious files. The app is 100% clean and safe to use. You can enhance your safety when using PBS by using a reliable VPN like Surfshark.
Is PBS Free?
The app is 100% free.
PBS is such a great platform for educational purposes. There are two ways to stream this on your Firestick device. The first one is by installing it directly from the Amazon App Store. The second one is streaming it through its official website. It is only available in the US, so if you are traveling outside of the country, make sure to use VPN like Surfshark to bypass geo-restrictions and use PBS.