In this article, we will discuss the benefits you’ll get when you restart your Firestick regularly.
To restart or reboot a firestick may sound simple to most users. Little do we know that there is an added value to our device every time we do this activity.
With the help of our remote, we can easily restart our firestick, and regularly doing it clears apps, and processes running in the background. Any apps on your Firestick that you’ve recently used keeps on running on your device. Even if you click on home and stop streaming the app, it will continue working. Other apks like Fast Task Killer easily stop all the apps working in the background. But the process of restarting your firestick provides more benefits than you think.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Restart Firestick Importance and Benefits To Your Device
Stops Apps and Processes Running in The Background
After installing and using several apps on your device, you’ll experience some buffering. It still boils down to the capacity of the Amazon Firestick. Especially when you just click on Home to stop streaming on any app. You may not think of it at first but all those apps are still running in your background. If you restart your firestick regularly, all of those running apps will stop as well.
Helps Speed Up Your Device
This is the result of removing those running apps on your device’s background. The more you get rid of those, the faster your firestick will be. Although some other apps like VPN help speed up your internet, TDUK Speed Toolbox also helps on making your firestick speed faster.
Clears Memory Cached Files
There is an exact way to clear the cache on your firestick. But in terms of restarting your device, this is just one of the few benefits you’ll get. If you spent a lot of time on your device, you are unconsciously earning tons of cache files that eat up your device’s memory.
The ratio for this is the more cached file you have, the slower your device will work. It will still come down to helping your device to speed up faster, but also gives you more memory to use.
If you are not familiar with cache, it is a space by which your device houses all the data and functions that a certain app uses over and over again.
Restarting your device is one of the easiest ways to clear all cached files.
Updates and Fixes Your Device
When you regularly restart your firestick, it checks on any possible updates and fixes from Amazon. So it automatically updates your device not unless you block the Amazon system update on your settings.
It is really better to have all the fixes and updates on your device because it improves the performance and features of your firestick. Actually, Amazon added some changes no matter how small or big it is every month.
Prevents Any Memory Consumptions Done By Memory Leaks
A memory leak is what happens when your firestick fails to release any unused data from the device’s memory. This is usually done by an application. Memory leaks consume a lot of memory that will affect your device after a long period of time.
By restarting your Amazon Firestick, you are releasing these unused data from your memory that are caused by leaks.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
How to Restart Firestick
1. From your Home Screen, go to the wheel gear icon or Settings at the right part.
2. Scroll down and select My Fire TV.
3. Click on Restart.
4. Select Restart one more time for confirmation.
5. Now your Fire TV will turn off.
6. Wait a little moment and your device will start again on its own.
Always Use A VPN
Using a VPN can also make your device experience optimized as well. Sp to fully utilize your device, having a VPN is another addition to it. It provides tons of features for streaming. A VPN can also make your internet faster depending on the server location you chose.
Her at reviewvpn, we always recommend IPVanish. we have tested the capabilities and efficiencies of IPVanish and we are 100% sure that it is indeed the best VPN for Firestick. It is also available on some other devices like Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi, and more.
To clarify it more, we listed some of the many benefits of having IPVanish on your firestick. Take a look below:
- IPVanish has over 1,300 available servers around the world and lets you choose your own location from 70+ different countries and cities.
- You can be connected to the best server available with over 40,000 IP addresses provided by the software.
- This VPN is tested to destroy geo-blocks that stop you from accessing some content.
- Works well with other well-known apps like Hulu and Netflix.
- Provides the best VPN protocols for all types of devices.
- Offers a lot of great features like split tunneling and kill switch.
- You can be sure of your safety because IPVanish does not record any of your online activity.
- Prevents your Internet Service Provider (ISP) from throttling your bandwidth.
- Protects you from hackers when using public wifi.
- Encrypts all of your data.
- Allows you to use many multiple devices with only one IPVanish account.
- Speeds up your internet connection
- Works well with Torrenting.
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
Grab your subscription now!
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Why Does My Firestick Keep Restarting?
Some Firesticks are having problems that need to troubleshoot. Others have problems that are beyond repair. If this keeps on going, we suggest buying a new Firestick for a better experience.
How to Restart Firestick with Remote?
Your remote is really the best tool to restart or reboot a Firestick. If you follow the steps above on How to Restart a Firestick, you will need your remote to do it.
Regularly restarting your firestick provides you a lot of benefits that you might not think of. With this, you can achieve the following:
- Stops Apps and Processes Running in The Background
- Helps Speed Up Your Device
- Clears Memory Cached Files
- Updates and Fixes Your Device
- Prevents Any Memory Consumptions Done By Memory Leaks
So we suggest restarting your firestick regularly. Once a week or twice a month is not a bad idea. This will help your device to recharge and serve you better.
With this, we hope that you learned about the importance and the benefit when you restart your firestick regularly.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.