Numb3r5 mainly know online as Number is a fork of the popular Covent add-on with additional features added for better usability. Covenant is one of the biggest add ons on Kodi. So let’s see how Numb3r5 has improved on an already winning formula.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a free to download piece of open source software which can turn your TV in an all in one media and entertainment center. First developed in 2002 Kodi has become one of the leading media players in the world and has a custom-designed 10-foot user interface which means it can effectively scale add ons and media content to fit any TV.
Kodi itself is free and legal, but also hosts thousands of add ons which allow you to access almost any Live TV, TV Shows and Films as soon as they are released.
What is an Add On?
Add on are 3rd party applications which are accessible through Kodi but neither endorsed nor hosted by them.
They can be downloaded individually or as part of a large repository (a collection of add ons ) or a build ( a collection of repositories which may also include different skins which change the UI and visual look of your Kodi software)
What is Numb3r5
Numb3r5 has been built on the Covenant Module which is a central source module for sources across the internet. Like URLResolver but for sources. The Covenant codebase has been widely used and was originally based on Genesis, as well as forming part of the Exodus Redux code base, another one of the biggest add ons on Kodi. So Numb3r5 comes from a good code base pedigree.
- 50+ media sources are searched and scraped daily
- Trak.tv is uspported
- Integration with Real Debrid, Premiumize and URL Resolver meaning that you can access premium services which help you to find the best high quality links instead of trawling through endless dead or low quality links
- Wide range of non-English media
- Sort by category and rating as well as easy to navigate menus
- Clean and easy to use UI
- News and Updates functions to see the latest changes to Numb3r5
- New scrapers are constantly being added
- Regular updated
How to Install Numb3r5
Follow these simple steps to install Numb3r5 on your Kodi application. Remember for the reasons stated in the FAQ that you should always use a VPN prior to installing Numb3r5 and also every time you use Kodi
- Open up Kodi
- Clock on settings (the gear icon in the top left-hand corner)
- Click System
- Turn on Unknown sources
- Go back to the previous screen using the back button and click File Manager
- Click add source
- Click “Add None”
- In the “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” URL bar that comes up type in : http://cellardoortv.com/repo (If for any reason this link stops working use Google to find a working link/mirror site for the latest working version)
- Name the source Exodus
- Click OK, Numb3r5 will now be added to your Kodi file manager
- Click Add ons then install from .zip file
- Select your Numb3r5 file
- Once you select the zip file it will take a few seconds
- Now click install file from repository
- Click Numb3r5 Repo
- Click Video Add ons and then install, also click install for additional add ons
- Go back to the home screen and Numb3r5 should now be successfully installed and you are good to go
Is it Safe to Use?
Numb3r5 makes the top 20 list for most best of Kodi add ons and is widely used, as well as regularly updated. Making it safe and also easy to use.
Always be careful when downloading add ons as they are a common method used by malicious third parties to insert malware on unsuspecting users’ devices.
We always recommend that you scan unknown source files with Malwarebytes before opening them.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Numb3r5 is definitely in the grey area when it comes to watching content. Though it acts as an aggregator of scrapers from across the web the large majority of content that you watch will have come from illegal sources.
Always use a VPN prior to using Kodi or you may find most of the add ons and functions that are not endorsed by Kodi are blocked.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
You should always use Kodi with a VPN for a number of reasons:
- You can change of obscure your IP meaning your connection cannot be traced back to you. With the recent arrest of the Supremacy Kodi add on developer, it just goes to show that anonymity is crucial
- Your ISP may actively ban its users from accessing Kodi or any add ons which have been associated with watching or downloading illegal content. Using your VPN’s encryption means that your activities cannot be detected by your ISP
- A VPN may speed up your internet, particularly if your ISP has flagged you for data use or watching potentially illegal content, when they may throttle your connection on purpose
- VPN’s allow you to watch content which may be region restricted by letting you log into servers based in that country. Allowing you flexibility to watch a wider range of content
Is it Free?
When was it released ?
Always have a couple of add ons at hand, as they are always vulnerable to going down at a moment’s notice. So even if you feel you have the greatest add on have a few on the back burner, we’d recommend the following:
- Exodus Redux
- The Magic Dragon
- Show Box
Or simply just regularly check Google for best Kodi Add ons which are updated sometimes daily
Numb3r5 has built upon an already impressive code base and is a must have add on.