The Magic Dragon
The Magic Dragon has had quite a few names before this and makes a massive return using a well-known code base and scraper sources. In this review we look through it’s features, give full instruction on how to install The Magic Dragon as well as commonly asked questions.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a free and open source media player which is free to download. The software is run and managed by the XMBC Foundation, and the software itself was not always known by the name Kodi. It’s been around since 2002 and originates from a piece of homebrew software to allow Xbox gamers to play and store media directly on their device.
Now Kodi is used worldwide and has been downloaded tens of millions of times. Its popularity stems not just from its age or regularity of updates, but mainly for its enormous library of add ons. Officially it has around a thousand add ons which provide legal services, but unofficially there are thousands of add ons from unknown source. Though not endorsed by Kodi these add ons open the doorway to any form of media you could think of.
What is an Add On?
An add on is simply an added feature which when downloaded on Kodi gives you the ability to stream a particular type of media or make Kodi look a certain way with a skin.
The ability to change Kodi and what it can do and access is virtually unlimited.
What is The Magic Dragon?
The Magic Dragon was previously known as Pyramid originally. The original developer decided to move and handed over the code base to a new developer. For a brief time, it was then known as The Dogs Bollocks before becoming The Magic Dragon
- Intelligent search by categories, popularity and rating
- Clean and easy to use UI
- Compatible with Real Debrid as well as number of other third-party services like Open load
- You can see how many other people are watching the same show or movie as you, also handy for finding links that work
- Easily find new releases
- In application trailers
- Access to high quality stream and 4K movies
- Catch up on the latest episodes for your favorite shows with Catch UP TV
- Wide selection of categories
- Kids TV
- Access music, radio as well as live sport
- Good depth for fringe TV and miscellaneous categories including Manga
How to Install The Magic Dragon
Get the Magic Dragon up and running in a few minutes using these easy to follow steps
- Open Kodi
- From the home screen click on settings and then system
- Turn on Unknown sources which will allow Kodi to install and run add ons outside of its official library
- Go back to click File Manager
- Click add source and then click “Add None”
- A pop up will then appear saying “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” enter the following URL exactly : http://repo.rubyjewelwizard.com (Sometimes URL’s may stop working or be blocked, if that happens type the URL into Google and look for mirror URL’s)
- Name the source Magic Dragon, the zip file has now been added to your repository as a zip file
- Click Add ons and then install from .zip file
- Select you’re The Magic Dragon file, it takes a few seconds to unzip the file
- Now click install file from repository
- Click the Magic Dragon Repo
- Click Video Add ons and then install, also click install for additional add ons
- Magic Dragon is now ready to go and launch from your home screen
Is it Safe to Use?
The Magic Dragon is perfectly safe to use when installed and downloaded from the official repository. Only use the link above or one similar. Using files downloaded from 3rd party servers leaves yourself open to infected files.
Is it Legal or Grey?
The Magic Dragon is definitely in the grey area when it comes to watching content. Though it acts as an aggregator of scrapers from across the web the large majority of content that you watch will have come from illegal sources. Chances are if you are using The Magic Dragon then you know you’re going to be accessing pirated content, we just advise against using it without a VPN as some or all of the services may be blocked.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
Always use the Magic Dragon with a VPN, without it you may find the add on does not work or has reduced functionality which you could mistake for being the fault of the developers.
Internet Service provider work actively with media companies to block IP address which distribute copyrighted content illegally. A VPN helps you to stay anonymous online and retain your privacy through encrypted connections and an obscured IP.
Is it Free?
When Was it Released ?
The Magic Dragon as a code base has been around since 2017, but in its current format was only released in 2019
It’s always best to have multiple add ons installed on Kodi as chances are good that one or more will be down every day. Their servers are shut down or the repositories stop working. So, you should always have a number of back ups to make sure nothing interrupts your Kodi experience.
Our favorite add ons right now are:
- Exodus Redux
- Bee TV
- Tea TV
- Zion TV
You can always search out new add ons , on Kodi through Google which are being added every day. Only use add ons which have been reviewed or been talking about on Reddit.
The Magic Dragon comes from great provenance from the once highly popular Pyramid and offers an astonishing array of media as well as IPTV and a huge back catalogue.
Its integration with a wide number of third-party applications means that you can also get the best functionality out of it.
Total Score: 9.8
Total Score: 9.6
Total Score: 9.3
Total Score: 8.7
Total Score: 8.5