Is it Any Good?
Red Box has fast got a name for itself as being one of the best IPTV (Internet Player) providers around. You can access over 1,000 live channels across 17 countries, though you will have to put up with quite a lot of adverts.
It’s hands down one of the best free IPTV applications out there at the moment.
What Does it Do?
Red Box works just like Terrarium but for Live TV links. The app’s web scrapers scour the internet trying to find links to live feeds for all the channels it covers. You are then provided with a variety of links to watch these channels. Red Box does not host any content or the live streams but simply links you to a third party.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Red Box works on all Android based devices
- Lovely layout which is easy to navigate
- Reduced buffering time for live TV
- Lightweight application
- Separate categories for countries, you can choose from 17 different countries including the US, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Iran, Portugal, Philippines, Turkey, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Malaysia
- Separate categories by types of television including a Kids section
- Favourites tab to save your favourite channels and shows
- Ability to flag dead links and request new channels
- Compatible with a wide range of media players
- Password protection function
- You also have a section for Movies and TV Shows
Pros and Cons
- One of the biggest selections of TV Channels with the exception of Mobdro
- Really easy to navigate layout
- Sections means you can access country specific channels or category specific channels. For example, have all your sports channels in one place
- Favorites tab means that after the first time of watching you can collect and add to your personal tv channels to save you searching later
- Really good up time, with many channels having a number of links in case one goes on
- The live feedback function means you can quickly report deadlinks
- The in-app feedback function is a nice touch to request new content
- Easy to use application for those with limited knowledge of live streaming applications
- Massive variety of channels
- Lightweight application to install
- Availability of HD channels
- A lot of users report many adverts while navigating to their chosen channel (on every click)
- Application is only suitable for home use or unlimited data plans; we don’t suggest live streaming on your mobile phone
- Application can slow down mobile phones
- Does not have PVR functionality
- Specifically targeted for Live TV not on demand movies and tv shows
- No active community available on Reddit or Facebook
Is it Safe to Use?
Absolutely, download from the Amazon store, a trusted third-party app store like Aptoide or straight from the official website.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Any Live TV application is serving content which you can be sure is not legal to be distributed. TV companies are pretty hot on shutting down streams, but apps like Red Box have an advantage because they can constantly keep updating their links and cycling through dead links.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
Using Red Box without a VPN is quick way to see just how many of the links you are trying to access are blocked by your Internet Service Provider.
Estimates say that as much as half of all online content is banned by ISP’s as being unsuitable or deemed breaching a law somewhere. Using a VPN, you can access all of this content with ease.
Your VPN encrypts your connection, by doing so it means that your ISO cannot control or moderate where you go once you pass through your VPN’s DNS system, you can also keep yourself safe by changing your own IP address and preventing anyone from tracking you back to your original IP.
Is it Free?
Yes, Red Box uses advertising to generate revenue
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, there are quite a lot of adds. We recommend searching Reddit for the latest modded version. A modded version means it has been altered to not serve ads.
Is There a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Website?
Yes, Red Box has a pretty helpful website with a features section, downloads and installation instructions.
You can find them at: https://myredboxtv.com/redbox-tv-apk/
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Red Box will work on any devices running the Android operating system. Alternatively, you can use an emulator for iOS or Windows.
How Does the App Work?
Just download, install and go. Red Box is super easy to use and you can get going in minutes.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Red Box is positively old compared to some other applications out there, with the first version released in early 2018.
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
There wasn’t much that we could find about the development team, we couldn’t find any obvious recent activity on Facebook or Reddit.
If you want the same application for Live TV check out Mobdro, USA TV, Pluto TV or Exousia.
For same in class the only real competitor for an IPTV only application is Mobdro. USA TV is dying.
Red Box TV is a great application for streaming live TV. Offering over a thousand channels is pretty much unheard of, and plus you get access to a lot of foreign channels which may appeal to expats in the West.
We were really impressed with their range, simple layout, categories and your ability to favorite content which means you can literally build you own list of great tv channels.
There are a lot of adverts, but Red Box has to make money somehow, we did find a number of modded applications on Reddit so a simple search should help you to find an ad free version