Turbo VPN Overview
Turbo VPN is the most popular free VPN service on the Google Play Store. We do not recommend this VPN for reasons we will discuss later in this article, but we do have a process to allow you to use it on your Firestick.
It is relatively simple although you will need to use another 3rd party app called mouse toggle to make it work.
What Is Turbo VPN?
A virtual private network is a software that encrypts your IP address thereby making your online data on the internet service providers network appear private and secure. Turbo VPN is a well known virtual private network service provider.
Turbo VPN offers its user free VPN service. However, turbo often comes as an Android and iOS App. A recent statement by Google play store team says that a Turbo VPN has reached over 50 million installations. This is a huge number for any software company.
Turbo VPN allows users to have access to Europe, Asia, North America, and South America server locations. One good side of the Turbo VPN is that has no bandwidth restrictions.
Reasons Why A Turbo VPN is recommended With FireStick device:
Using a VPN on your firestick will save you lots of headaches. As we all know, accessing the internet without a VPN will make your online data vulnerable to third party bodies such as an internet service provider and the government.
However, using the firestick to stream video content without VPN will leave your online data insecure and public; meaning that your data is public and can be seen by anyone on the internet service providers network (ISP) and whatever you stream might be recorded. Not only that, but you are also a potential victim to hackers.
Another good reason why installing a good VPN such as a Turbo VPN on your firestick device is that you will be able to stream from anywhere around the globe. Top streaming apps such as Hulu and Netflix have a top-notch location restriction feature. To use such service installing a VPN is recommended.
With turbo VPN on your firestick, you will be able to stream from locations that have restrictions without any issues. Turbo VPN enhances internet speed while limiting internet service provider throttling. Turbo VPN has a feature that helps in bypassing ISP throttling.
Which VPN is Good For A firestick?
As at the time of writing this article, Turbo VPN has been offering excellent VPN service on a firestick device. One good side of the Turbo VPN is that it is %100 free to use. So if you are searching for a good VPN for you’re Amazon firestick device, then a Turbo VPN is for you.
Is Using Turbo VPN The Best Privacy Solution For Your Amazon FireStick Device?
The answer to the above question is No. Installing Turbo VPN on your firestick device is highly recommended but might not offer much-needed privacy and security in the long run.
Be that as it may, installing Turbo VPN on a firestick sometimes is difficult. This is because Turbo VPN is not designed for Amazon devices such as firestick or fire TV.
However, as Turbo VPN originated from china, a lot of experts suggest that since China is a country with the lowest privacy rate, that using its VPN might not offer much-needed privacy or still; steal users’ information for third party body such as government.
But then again, users attest that so far, Turbo VPN offers excellent VPN service ranging from bypassing geolocation to Keeping their online data private and secure.
Issues With Using Turbo VPN?
Turbo VPN On A firestick
As of the moment, a Turbo VPN is not available on the Amazon AppStore market place. That’s quite sad news. But relax, you can still install a Turbo VPN via APK.
The following steps will guide you on how to install Turbo VPN on a firestick device.
How To Install Turbo VPN On A Firestick Device
- switch on your firestick device and allow it to boot. Once it is properly running navigate to the home screen of your firestick, scroll to the right and click on settings.
- Scroll down once and then most of the way to the right until you reach my fire tv and click on it
- Scroll down once to find the developer option. This is to be able to install apps with an unknown source.
- Turn on ADB debugging and apps from unknown sources
- A new window will pop up where you will be prompted to allow the installation of apps with an unknown source. Turn this on by clicking on “ON”.
- When you are done, click the home button on your remote and scroll once to the left.
- Click on the magnifying glass you will see on your screen. This should bring out the search bar. When the search bar comes out, enter downloads.
- Click on the downloader icon and click on the download
- Click allow and then “OK” for the two popups
- Type reviewvpn.com/turbo to install Turbo VPN. Once done, you will need to install also the mouse toggle.
- Type reviewvpn.com/mouse to install mouse toggle. When both installs are done. Then you are good to go!
Install Turbo VPN On Firesticks with Screenshots
- Click Settings from the home screen of your Firestick
2. Scroll down and to the right until you reach My Fire TV
3. Scroll down one and click on Developer Options
4. Turn on ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
5. Turning on Apps from Unknown Sources will trigger a confirmation popup. Click Turn On to Confirm
6. Click the home button on your remote and scroll once to the left to click on the magnifying glass icon
7. Search for Downloader either by saying it to your voice-enabled remote or typing. If typing, scroll to the suggested word “Downloader” and click on it
8. Click on the bright orange Downloader icon
9. Click on Download (it might say get on your device. Same difference)
10. Click on Allow
11. Click on OK
12. Type http://reviewvpn.com/turbo
13. Click Install.
14. Click open to launch Turbo VPN.
What Alternatives Does VPN Exist?
We recommend a premium VPN like IPVANISH but we realize times are tough. The only free VPNs we recommend are protonVPN (unlimited with 3 servers. requires mouse toggle), Windscribe 10GB for free no credit card required. You can get up to 15GB for free each month if you tweet once.
They have an app in the Amazon app store. Hide.me is 10GB free, based in Malaysia, and offers a good app in the Amazon app store that is easy to install and doesn’t require mouse toggle.
Turbo VPN offers a great VPN service and it is free to use. However, the security and privacy turbo VPN can offer is questionable; this is because turbo VPN is from china (china is not a VPN friendly country). Turbo VPN is not the best VPN for firestick in the market but it offers excellent VPN service. They are worth trying out. However, if you want more security on your device, we recommend IPVANISH VPN.