RedBox TV APK Overview
This write-up will guide you on how to install RedBox TV on Firestick and other android devices.
RedBox TV APK works just like Terrarium but for Live TV links.
The app’s web scrapers scour the internet trying to find links to live feeds for all the channels it covers.
You are then provided with a variety of links to watch these channels.
Red Box TV does not host any content nor the live streams but simply links you to a third-party source.
Since RedBox TV is not available on the Amazon App Store, you will need to Jailbreak the Firestick first. Please refer to this guide:
You will also need to install the Downloader to sideload RedBox TV APK onto the Firestick. You can do that by following this tutorial:
Download RedBox TV APK on Android
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
Install RedBox TV APK on Firestick Guide
- Go to Settings and select My Fire TV.
- Choose Developer Options.
- Turn on the ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources.
- After turning these options on, launch the Amazon App Store on your device.
- Search and Download Downloader.
- Install Downloader and launch it after installing it.
- Choose Allow and Select Ok.
- Type https://reviewvpn.com/red and select Go.
- Wait for it to finish and then select Install RedBox TV APK.
- Select Done.
- This will automatically take you back to Downloader. Select Delete.
- Click on Delete one more time.
- Head back to the home screen and under the Your Apps & Channels select Choose All.
- Scroll down and select RedBox TV APK and select the Options.
- Then select Move to Front RedBox TV APK will be moved forward to Your Apps and Channels.
- After this, you will see RedBox TV and click it to launch.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Install RedBox TV APK on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Install the Downloader app and jailbreak your firestick by enabling unknown sources. To learn more about the procedure, you may read How to Install the Downloader App and Enable Unknown Sources.
2. Open Downloader App. Type https://reviewvpn.com/red and click Go.
3. Click on INSTALL
4. Click on OPEN
5. RedBox TV is Installed. Enjoy Watching.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Is it Any Good?
RedBox TV has fast got a name for itself as being one of the best IPTV (Internet Player) providers around.
You can access over 1,000 live channels across 17 countries, though you will have to put up with quite a lot of adverts.
It’s hands down one of the best free IPTV applications out there at the moment.
- A lovely layout which is easy to navigate
- Reduced buffering time for live TV
- Lightweight application
- Separate categories for countries, you can choose from 17 different countries including the US, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Iran, Portugal, Philippines, Turkey, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Malaysia
- Separate categories by types of television including a Kids section
- Favorites tab to save your favorite channels and shows
- Ability to flag dead links and request new channels
- Compatible with a wide range of media players like MX Player Pro.
- Password protection function
- You also have a section for Movies and TV Shows
Pros and Cons
- One of the biggest selections of TV Channels with the exception of Mobdro.
- Really easy to navigate layout.
- Sections allow you to access country-specific channels or category-specific channels. For example, have all your sports channels in one place.
- Favorites tab means that after the first time of watching you can collect and add to your personal tv channels to save you searching later.
- Really good uptime, with many channels having a number of links in case one goes on.
- The live feedback function means you can quickly report deadlinks.
- The in-app feedback function is a nice touch to request new content.
- Easy to use application for those with limited knowledge of live streaming applications.
- Massive variety of channels.
- Lightweight application to install.
- Availability of HD channels.
- A lot of users report many adverts while navigating to their chosen channel (on every click)
- Application is only suitable for home use or unlimited data plans; we don’t suggest live streaming on your mobile phone
- An application can slow down mobile phones
- Does not have PVR functionality
- Specifically targeted for Live TV not on-demand movies and tv shows
- No active community available on Reddit or Facebook
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
Using RedBox without a VPN is a quick way to see just how many of the links you are trying to access are blocked by your Internet Service Provider.
Estimates say that as much as half of all online content is banned by ISP’s as being unsuitable or deemed breaching a law somewhere. Using a VPN, you can access all of this content with ease.
Your VPN encrypts your connection, by doing so it means that your ISO cannot control or moderate where you go once you pass through your VPN’s DNS system, you can also keep yourself safe by changing your own IP address and preventing anyone from tracking you back to your original IP.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
RedBox works on all Android-based devices
Is it Safe to Use?
Absolutely, download from the Amazon store, a trusted third-party app store like Aptoide or straight from the official website.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Any Live TV application is serving content that you can be sure is not legal to be distributed. TV companies are pretty hot on shutting down streams, but apps like RedBox have an advantage because they can constantly keep updating their links and cycling through dead links.
Is it Free?
Yes, Red Box uses advertising to generate revenue.
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, there are quite a lot of adds. We recommend searching Reddit for the latest modded version. A modded version means it has been altered to not serve ads. But you can use AdGuard Pro if you want to block out these ads. Here is how you do it:
Is There a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Website?
Yes, Red Box has a pretty helpful website with a features section, downloads and installation instructions.
You can find them at: redboxtv.xyz
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Red Box will work on any devices running the Android operating system. Alternatively, you can use an emulator for iOS or Windows.
How Does The App Work?
Just download, install and go. Red Box is super easy to use and you can get going in minutes.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
RedBox TV APK is positively old compared to some other applications out there, with the first version released in early 2018.
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
There wasn’t much that we could find about the development team, we couldn’t find any obvious recent activity on Facebook or Reddit.
For the same class of IPTV app, also check the following apps:
USA TV is dying. You might also be interested in Ola TV, Mr. Zip, and Exousia. These latter apps have more channels, but they have been more finicky than TV Tap and Mobdro.
RedBox TV APK is a great application for streaming live TV. Offering over a thousand channels is pretty much unheard of, and plus you get access to a lot of foreign channels that may appeal to ex-pats in the West.
We were really impressed with their range, simple layout, categories and your ability to favorite content which means you can literally build your own list of great tv channels.
There are a lot of adverts, but RedBox TV APK has to make money somehow, we did find a number of modded applications on Reddit so a simple search should help you to find an ad-free version.
We hope that this guide helps you with how to install RedBox TV APK on Firestick. Thank you for reading!
Additional Streaming Resources